Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

Hi,

Did anyone sign up to do the recent survey re the above? Basically you sent a text when you saw an ad/got a flyer etc about those providers. The deal was you sent the texts filled in an online diary and at the end of 7 days got 12euro and reimbursed for texts (international) sent.

It was all going fine for me until day 7, then got a text asking me to go online to submit diary and finish survey. Problem is, my "submit survey" button hasn't appeared. I've e mailed the company Mesh planning a few times and irish opinions twice and so far have gotten only automated responses. Getting a little pi**ed off as I got the email t complete the survey 6 days ago :mad:

I had the same problem and I rang mesh in the uk. Basically it's a 14 day survey (as the original email stated) not 7 so the submit button should appear on day 14.

I emailed Irish opinions many times on this and eventually got a response today stating that 'the submit button will appear on day 7!'

F**cking useless crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dunleerfi

Re the sky/saorsat/eircom 14 day survey, when you go to the online diary you have to click on week 2 at the top to carry on with the diary

as an update, i managed to submit the diary today but 'now for a few quick questions' turned out to be another 20 minute survey

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Gottalovegreys

Just managed to submit mine and slated them in the feedback section. Got to the screen where it says thanks, your account will be credited shortly and then sent to an error page. It better have gone through :mad:
    I hope they pick me as someone to call so I can give out to an actual human being rather than an automated e mail.

Just managed to submit mine and slated them in the feedback section. Got to the screen where it says thanks, your account will be credited shortly and then sent to an error page. It better have gone through :mad:
    I hope they pick me as someone to call so I can give out to an actual human being rather than an automated e mail.

Mine went to an error message too but when I went back & entered again it told me I had completed the survey. So fingers crossed all the rewards & reimbursement of texts come through

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭RayCon

Mine went to an error message too but when I went back & entered again it told me I had completed the survey. So fingers crossed all the rewards & reimbursement of texts come through

Me too ... however no sign of the €12 showing in the "pending" section of my account - finished the survey over a week now ... anybody else see it in theirs ?

Me too ... however no sign of the €12 showing in the "pending" section of my account - finished the survey over a week now ... anybody else see it in theirs ?[/Quote]

No haven't had anything but a survey I did afterwards is showing as pending. Is it worth emailing the elusive 'Isobel'?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 seanofdbush

I did this survey too and am still waiting to see the credit show up in my Pending details.

I've been signed up with irish Opinions for over 6 years and to-date, I have received 17 - yes, seventeen - 10 euro vouchers. I use them to get £9 credits for my amazon account.

It's not a scam but sometimes I can go months without qualifying for a survey while at other times, I get sent 3 or 4 within a week.

I enjoy doing them and as someone else said, they usually take a lot less time than the estimates indicate.

If that Sky/UPC/Saorview one gets credited soon, I'll have enough points to get a few books from Amazon in time for for Christmas.

Me too, still waiting for it to show up as pending :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I had problems with that €12 survey too:mad: Got that error message that others seem to have gotten at the last stage. Worst thing is I just checked my o2 balance there and I was charged 25c per text that I submitted to the survey (I had been wondering why my credit was so low) I did send an email to Irish opinions and got the following back
    Dear Lindtee,

The pending entry is not showing for the survey because this survey is different than usual and involves extra elements. Everyone who completed all the necessary elements will see the correct credit go directly into their balance total when the survey is processed.

Please be advised that this survey may take longer than the usual 28 days to be processed as it is so complicated.

Kind regards,

Isabel
    The Irish Opinions Team

• Advertisement

lindtee wrote: »
    I had problems with that €12 survey too:mad: Got that error message that others seem to have gotten at the last stage. Worst thing is I just checked my o2 balance there and I was charged 25c per text that I submitted to the survey (I had been wondering why my credit was so low) I did send an email to Irish opinions and got the following back

The texts were 25c as they were international text messages. Havent got my reward either! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭BabyBirch

I've been owed two .75c credits since JANUARY that are still pending. So irritating when I only need another .50c to claim a voucher.

I've gotten two €10 Boots vouchers so far this year and this would be my third so I can't really complain - but I'm getting pretty sick of filling in a decent amount of a survey then being told I don't qualify.

I am joined for a few years. it takes 6 months to get a 10 euro voucher and another month for it to come in the post, i got so many surveys that after i spent 10 mins answering it says sorry you are not eligible, so the amount of hours spent is unreal, i cannot ever get a reply from isabel and I did a survey a month ago about sky/upc/eircom/saorview and was to get 12 euro plus the cost of my texsts and nothing, i sent 4 e mails and no one will even reply, stay well clear of them I feel they are a scam and using peoples info for god knows what, They wont even reply to me and once I got a reply and it was cut and pasted and irrelevent to my question, i discontinued and cancelled my account and I am owed money by them.

I did that survey too for the invisible 12 euro, and sent lots of uk texts and never got reimbursed, I e mailed isabel at irish opinions on 5 occasions and got a cut and paste reply that was not relevant and no money. I have been had and used by that company and have now cancelled my account and am owed 17 euro. stay away. run run run....

I completed 20 minutes of a survey and then it asked me for my t mobile number which i dont have, they then discontinued the survey, Isabel replied to my query and said the full amoumt would be credited. it never was i got nothing for the 20 minutes, and now she wont answer, its infurating, i am disgusted with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Isabel_VOP

Hi, my name is Isabel and I am a member of the Irish Opinions Member services team, please get in touch with me at the email address <SNIP> and I will be happy to help you with this issue. www.irishopinions.com

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hi Isabel

Thanks for getting in touch to offer assistance. i have removed your email address and I urge posters to use Private Messages instead to contact you.

If you wish to continue to post & interact on Boards, please contact the administrators at reps@boards.ie so that your identity can be verified. Please do not post again until that has been carried out.

Regards
    dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ruggerbugger1

is it only a certain demographic that qualify for these surveys or what!? i cant seem to qualify for any of them. the couple i have done have stalled at the very end of them and i havent got paid. bloody joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 cathy neefoley

Hi have been doing surveys on this Opinions site for few weeks and received my first 10 euro voucher, the company does state that payments will take some time, but so far I have no problems.

Once the €12 from the recent Sky survey comes through Im cashing in and unsubscribing ... Ive a pain in my arse with how slow they've become in paying out, and in the number of times Ive answered multiple questions , taking up valueable time, only to be told - "we've reached the target number blah blah blah"

They've really got worse recently.

I joined in 2007 and have received about €140 in vouchers - really not worth the effort.

• Advertisement

The €12 came through today .... just cashed out 2 X €10 vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

How much are each of the surveys worth??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Mine came through too, was able to get 2 x £9 Amazon vouchers. Find them to be the best as it works out slightly better than the exchange rate plus amazon are always good for the bargains

Just checked mine & its been added too. I think I had €14 and now it's up to €32 so I presume all the texts and photos were reimbursed at the same time.

Irishchick wrote: »
    How much are each of the surveys worth??

Generally around 1 to 2 euro, can be a pain to do but this one was pretty well paid. Just worked out I've got €170 in vouchers over the last 3.5 years. It all helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I completed 20 minutes of a survey and then it asked me for my t mobile number which i dont have, they then discontinued the survey, Isabel replied to my query and said the full amoumt would be credited. it never was i got nothing for the 20 minutes, and now she wont answer, its infurating, i am disgusted with them.

Me too. I completed a survey this week right to the very end and it told me the numbers had already been met. Contacted Isabel who said 'I was stopped from completing the survey because we'd reached the desired number of respondents'. Absolute rubbish. I completed the entire survey. This is the second time I've been ripped off in this way.

It's bad enough the surveys that make you answer a series of personal question from which they gain information and you gain nothing because you're not 'eligible' for the survey, but when you complete the survey and don't get paid because of a bug in their system, it's a rip off.

i got the 12 euro after 3 weeks and several e mails. i did not get paid for my 35 texts to a uk number which cost me as i have a pay as you go 02 mobile. i e mailed isabel about the payment for the 35 texts and no reply.
    its not worth all the agro and hastle and waiting and following, im unsubscribing too once i get paid up.

Generally around 1 to 2 euro, can be a pain to do but this one was pretty well paid. Just worked out I've got €170 in vouchers over the last 3.5 years. It all helps!

Yes but if you calculate how many hours you put in to get this money you would be shocked. I got offered a survey now 1.50 for 20 minutes, you know if they say 20 minutes its definitely 30 if you read it all properly, thats 3 euro per hour and all the hastle and e mails and waiting for the voucher and then cashing it in. If everyone stood up to them and asked for a faster payment and more money maybe they would do something. its exploitation, as they get well paid from companies for giving our details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Yes but if you calculate how many hours you put in to get this money you would be shocked. I got offered a survey now 1.50 for 20 minutes, you know if they say 20 minutes its definitely 30 if you read it all properly, thats 3 euro per hour and all the hastle and e mails and waiting for the voucher and then cashing it in. If everyone stood up to them and asked for a faster payment and more money maybe they would do something. its exploitation, as they get well paid from companies for giving our details.

Then there all the time spent starting surveys that you are subsequently told are closed or at quota - having answered about cars owned, brands bought or recognised etc!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Then there all the time spent starting surveys that you are subsequently told are closed or at quota - having answered about cars owned, brands bought or recognised etc!
    I stopped doing them over this and the payments pending, I have asked them to stop emailing me but they are still coming

Advertisement