Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

this is whats on my account. Should i be worried there all 000000?

8-6-2012 Offline Voucher Request - 000000 €-10.00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

If you ordered vouchers for somewhere like Boots, that will be sent by post, then there will not be a voucher number. If on-line items like Amazon then you'll get instant e-mails with the voucher details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Don't understand a few one persons persistence with the negativity, if you ask me it seems as though they have an axe to grind, wouldn't be surprised if I discovered that they made a simple mistake and won't back down.

My account history is "Rewards Payout (Online Vouchers) - 000000" I did however receive an e-mail with the code. You say you ain't received the code via e-mail I suggest you check your account details and see what e-mail address your account is linked too. You can give them a buzz too BTW do something productive about it rather than moaning on here about it, IrishOpinions are part or Research now based in London, + 44 (0) 20 7921 2400.

I have redeemed numerous vouchers from them at this stage and am happy to keep using them never had a problem, have a good few friends & people I know use them they have had no problems either :o

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

GrzegorzBray Please bear in mind how your continued negative posting is received by other posters. It is not gaining you any friends here.

My recommendation is to follow the advice from homer_simpson, and then let us know how you get on.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 20 GrzegorzBray

1:
    Srameen -
    A. That's a valid point - like I said, I want to warn people from <SNIP> companies so that they don't waste as much time as me.
    C. why do you ask how would you get €20 to me if you're not going to do it? Where there's a will, there's a way. It looks like you don't believe in their vouchers that much after all. On reflection I thought of giving you those vouchers and password for free if only you could show me and other users how you can use the 000000 codes.
    D. Keep your opinion about me to yourself, particularly if you're not willing to put your money where your mounth is.

homer-simpson -

1. I didn't however receive any e-mail with codes, nor did I receive any e-mail from them after I had asked them why I didn't receive any codes. My account details and e-mail address are correct and I'm checking all my spam e-mails too. But calling their office is a good idea, thanks - where did you get their number from? - on their website there is only a form. I will call them, deffo

lisar816 -

1. Did you receive any e-mail with codes from them?
    2. If not, try to e-mail them and see if you get any reply. I've sent 2 e-mails and I didn't, which shows they don't really care (try to ignore 2 e-mails from a customer in most jobs and they'd probably sack you)

dudara -
    "Please bear in mind how your continued negative posting is received by other posters. It is not gaining you any friends here." - you are probably right, but my aim is not to gain friends, but to prevent people from being conned like I believe I was. When I was warning people from taking mortgages between 2003-2007 it wasn't gaining me any friends either and they were also saying "I was negative". And who's negative now, me or people with mortgages?
    I hope I'm wrong about the Irish Opinions and this can be explained - after all I can see some people are getting some money from them (and if the outcome is positive, I'll let yous know), but so far they've done everything to avoid any explanations and that alone is very unprofessional.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

I love how this "It's a scam!" argument keeps cropping up every few weeks.

You sit at a laptop, you click a few buttons, wait a few weeks and then you get FREE money.

I really don't understand this gross sense of entitlement - it's not a paid job. If some surveys malfunction, so be it. Log out and forget about it. It's happened me a few times, I'm not going to throw a hissy fit over it.

I'm very, very happy with all the nice things I've been able to order off Amazon (and HMV when they were an option) over the last three years - books, CDs, DVDs, games, little bits & pieces - where else is someone going to come and give me money for clicking a few buttons for 10-15 minutes?

Jesus, you'd swear people were being robbed of wages. Get OVER it.

+1. It really is money for nothing. I have often answered surveys by phone which took half an hour and paid nothing. Irish Opinions gives me a reward for something I'd due for the cxraic anyway. Of course some surveys break down or you answer a load of questions only to be told the quota has been met, but it still adds up to decent money in a few months.

The term "scam" is so misused as to be meaningless nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 GrzegorzBray

It's money for nothing provided you get money in first place. I'll see what they'll say when I get through them in London, provided it won't cost me another €10.
    "Jesus, you'd swear people were being robbed of wages" - to be honest, I'd rather be robbed €30 of wages than of spending hours and hours to get up to €30 (I wonder how you earned that in 10-15 minutes). And they shortchanged you by €30 in bar, Shanna, would you "get OVER" it or would you cry the blue murder?

"I really don't understand this gross sense of entitlement" - what is it that you don't understand about it? A company tells you'll get paid, then they'll send you invalid vouchers and don't answer your e-mails.

"I have often answered surveys by phone which took half an hour and paid nothing." - fair enough, so did I, but they've never promised they would pay me.

Still, I hope I'll resolve this issue somehow, but it's scandalous that it's me that has to pay to call them in England just because they don't bother to answer my e-mails (why do they have e-mails if they don't answer it?).

"Of course some surveys break down or you answer a load of questions only to be told the quota has been met" - I'm fine with that. Actually I'm more angry that they wouldn't bother their arse answering e-mail than that my €30 is gone. It's FREE money, I agree - and so far they got it for free from me. Still, see what they'll say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

"Jesus, you'd swear people were being robbed of wages" - to be honest, I'd rather be robbed €30 of wages than of spending hours and hours to get up to €30 (I wonder how you earned that in 10-15 minutes). And they shortchanged you by €30 in bar, Shanna, would you "get OVER" it or would you cry the blue murder?

We obviously have two very, very different opinions on this issue, so I'll say no more after this: I cannot believe that you would rather be robbed €30 than do surveys online and not get paid. When you get involved in something online like this, you're always taking an initial risk. You don't know if it's going to be genuine or not. For me, I'm happy with it and that's fine. But I can't fathom why someone would continually complete surveys when all their past experiences with the company would lead them to believe that they are not going to get what was promised to them. I don't know why it is not working for you - I hope you do get a response and I hope you do get sorted, but to me, it just seems like you are making a mountain out of a molehill. I did not state that I did 10-15 minutes work to make €30, but I certainly don't miss 10-15 minutes out of my day a couple of times a week. It's a minimal amount of time to do a survey - it's not as if people are spending 6-8 hours a day doing a job and then getting scammed out of their wage.

Equating an online survey with getting shortchanged in a bar is ridiculous by anyone's standards. You pay for a product, you get your change. I can't see how that is in any way similar to this situation, and as I said, if it happened to me once I certainly would not spend any more time to get the same result.

Anyway, as I said, that's all I'm going to say because it is obvious that tensions are starting to run high in this thread and I don't want to get involved in an argument - I hope you have a positive outcome - but be aware that not everyone is having (or will have) the same experience as you, so it's unfair to continuously bash something when it isn't working for you.

Best of luck sorting it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Aquila wrote: »
    My balance is over €20,do i get two separate €10 vouchers if i look to claim?

Yes, you'll receive two separate vouchers of €10 each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

@GrzegorzBray
    They email you the amazon voucher numbers, in my reward history in the irishopinions website they show up as 000000 but in the emails they give you the code. Maybe they're address is blocked and isn't getting to you if you're not receiving email from them?
    I've had some trouble with getting kicked out of surveys at the end, but the vouchers have all been fine.

lisar816 wrote: »
    this is whats on my account. Should i be worried there all 000000?

Irish options are excellent received my vouchers for tesco 5x10 euro delighted

Even checked the vouchers balances online and they all contain 10 euro :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

I've been signed up with them for 3 years and have gotten E170 worth of boots/tesco vouchers - once or twice I have had to email to give them a little nudge about delayed vouchers.

As soon as my balance reaches E10 I apply for my vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

Ordered Tesco vouchers for the first time 3 weeks ago and still waiting, good job i wasn't relying on them.

piperh wrote: »
    Ordered Tesco vouchers for the first time 3 weeks ago and still waiting, good job i wasn't relying on them.
    s
    i got mine within 10 days but they were registered post so you would need to be there

lisar816 wrote: »
    s
    i got mine within 10 days but they were registered post so you would need to be there

Strange, i might try emailing them to shove them along a bit. Somebody has been here everyday as ds has finished college for the summer and the dogs won't let him lie on ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Doash

I have been doing surveys for Irish Opinions for a few years now and have made quite a bit - I always asked for Tesco Vouchers and always received them in the post..however since I changed in April and asked for Amazon Vouchers I have had none come through..they now owe me €40 worth and I have emailed them several times without any response coming back.
    Not sure what is going on!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Salt001

Anybody had any dealings with a crowd called Opinion People?. They are based in the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Doash wrote: »
    I have been doing surveys for Irish Opinions for a few years now and have made quite a bit - I always asked for Tesco Vouchers and always received them in the post..however since I changed in April and asked for Amazon Vouchers I have had none come through..they now owe me €40 worth and I have emailed them several times without any response coming back.
    Not sure what is going on!

I had a similar problem recently. Numerous emails to them and no reply, so i sent one to infouk@researchnow.com (Their uk branch) and got a reply a few hours later. All sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Doash

Thanks for that..I will give it a shot and report back!

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭prettyrestless

piperh wrote: »

I've ordered tesco vouchers several times from them. Sometimes they turn up in a couple of days and other times it takes 3-4 weeks. I'd say they only post stuff out once a month. Luck of the draw, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 shashi77

irishopinion is genuine site . i have done lots of surveys .and still doing .and lots of tesco and boots vouchers . 100%genuine paid survey site . till now i have recieved 10 tesco gift vouchers of 10 euro each and 5 boots vouchers . and my wife recieving them too . best paid survey site .

another is www.mysurvey.com recieving vouchers from them as well .

shashi77 wrote: »
    irishopinion is genuine site . i have done lots of surveys .and still doing .and lots of tesco and boots vouchers . 100%genuine paid survey site . till now i have recieved 10 tesco gift vouchers of 10 euro each and 5 boots vouchers . and my wife recieving them too . best paid survey site .

another is www.mysurvey.com recieving vouchers from them as well .

That site is for the states only so you can't be getting vouchers off them. sorry for the off topic post mods :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

That site is for the states only so you can't be getting vouchers off them. sorry for the off topic post mods :pac:

That's not true, they do plenty of Irish Surveys. But their rewards are not nearly as generous as Irish Opinions, I closed my account with them.

Skid wrote: »
    That's not true, they do plenty of Irish Surveys. But their rewards are not nearly as generous as Irish Opinions, I closed my account with them.

Well there ya are now learn something new every day according to their T&C's you have to be a resident of the US to be eligible, thats where I was getting it out of.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭touts

I've made about €190 off them (Irish Opinions) over about 3 years. You'll never make a living out of it but as I get them in Amazon vouchers it's knocked a chunk out of my Christmas present shopping for the last two years and I've picked up the odd bit for myself during the year. I've never had any problem with getting the vouchers. Every time I notice that I have hit €10 I immediately convert to a voucher which comes in on e-mail and I put it straight into my Amazon account where it sits until I need to buy something. Those who claim they are a scam are going in with too high an expectation of what their opinions are worth.

Tesco vouchers arrived today :D

Not so! If you go to the bottom of the Home page there are links for Europe, including one for Ireland.

They are very slow to amount to anything though. It takes months to get to enough points for a €5 voucher. I would easily have €50 from Irish Opinions in the same time.

• Advertisement

Not so! If you go to the bottom of the Home page there are links for Europe, including one for Ireland.

They are very slow to amount to anything though. It takes months to get to enough points for a €5 voucher. I would easily have €50 from Irish Opinions in the same time.

I'm not disagreeing with ya. Only saying I remember looking at that site a while back and first line was you read to be in the 50 states of the US or something and closed the window after that.

Advertisement