Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

barrackali wrote: »
    There is no way the government are going to forget about this charge, there will be no back down.
    Probably not. And it probably won't even hurt them in a general election that is still a long way away. (Remember the claims that the new NCT and the smoking ban were going to do for the FF led governments? Wasn't even an election issue when it came to it).

Of course there will be plenty of sh*t they will have to throw at us first. Presumably they hope to get much of this out of the way in the first couple of years. Though I have this suspicion that they will befall the same fate as Albert R. it will be some trivial thing that will do for them in the end.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

That's hardly my point now Paddy,.

You posted it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

paddy147 wrote: »
    You posted it

There may be a point somewhere in that post, but I'm fecked if I can see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    But you said 1 million had paid. Are you now backtracking?

I didn't. Maybe it's a comprehension problem?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

lugha wrote: »
    Probably not. And it probably won't even hurt them in a general election that is still a long way away. (Remember the claims that the new NCT and the smoking ban were going to do for the FF led governments? Wasn't even an election issue when it came to it).

Of course there will be plenty of sh*t they will have to throw at us first. Presumably they hope to get much of this out of the way in the first couple of years. Though I have this suspicion that they will befall the same fate as Albert R. it will be some trivial thing that will do for them in the end.

Have you used the word 'us' in the context that your a member of the public, or a member of FG?

Its not very clear, honestly.

Sirloin.

All 100 euro spent (meal and some bits and bobs for me and for the house)

Why didn't you give the money to Crumlin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

alastair wrote: »
    I didn't. Maybe it's a comprehension problem?

You do have a political way of phrasing your sentences for sure. It could be read either way. Very clever of you.

Ghandee wrote: »
    Have you used the word 'us' in the context that your a member of the public, or a member of FG?

Its not very clear, honestly.

Seemed pretty clear to me, but then I'm not prone to seeing blueshirts under the bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

dvpower wrote: »
    I'm not quite sure what that software system is, but its not necessary for attachment orders.
    Attachment orders are currently used on a routine and widespread basis in this country. The Revenue Commissioners have direct powers, that they use on a day to day basis, for the Collector General's office to apply attachment orders, on the instruction of a Principal Officer.

Nobody needs to go to jail. Anyone who finds themselves in front of a court will pay the fine.
    No. The Revenue have no part to play in this at all (apart from sharing databases).
    My only reason for introducing the Revenue is as an example of where attachment orders are routine.
    I'm sure that wouldn't be possible.

You have not agreed the new system is needed and you know well it is needed. This has nothing to do with revenue office. It's ok to admit you made a mistake. I will if I made the mistake.

http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=can%20fines%20be%20taken%20form%20wages%20ire&source=web&cd=10&ved=0CFoQFjAJ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishtimes.com%2Fnewspaper%2Fireland%2F2012%2F0308%2F1224313004730.html&ei=I2N3T-DRBYyzhAeVwO2ODQ&usg=AFQjCNHZUg2tsuO55p-ZxOzSwMaJbZz6Yw

• Advertisement

Why didn't you give the money to Crumlin?

I raised 300 euro for Crumlin Childrens Hospital at Christmass time.Its not much but its something and its all the little donations that count/add up to help save childrens lives.

That would also be 300 euro more than Enda Kenny gave them.

Have you used the word 'us' in the context that your a member of the public, or a member of FG?.
    As a member of the public, obviously. I am not a member of any political party. What possible sh*t can the public throw at a political party (that has any effect) other than to dismiss them at election time???

How would you possibly know that now?

I raised 300 euro for Crumlin Childrens Hospital at Christmass time.Its not much but its something and its all the little donations that count/add up to help save childrens lives.

Well done.

Seemed pretty clear to me, but then I'm not prone to seeing blueshirts under the bed.

No, of course not.

Your more 'prone' to stare down your nose at us, whilst urging us, and attempting to scaremonger us, while in the next breath, admitting to not paying 'law of the land' taxes yourself.

Poll tax anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

The people that paid that charge are cowardly sheep. I reckon they are now mostly ashamed.

Rather than congratulating him on his fundraising achievement you raise this?

As our Taoiseach, I'd prefer he was off in China hustling for business rather than doing fun-runs.

As a member of the public, obviously. I am not a member of any political party. What possible sh*t can the public throw at a political party (that has any effect) other than to dismiss them at election time???

Jeez, calm down.

I did type the word honestly after my question.

Thanks for clearing it up though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

770,000 paid by 7pm, the numbers are soaring with 5 hours of counting(7pm-12am) to be released yet.
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/protest-march-overshadows-taoiseachs-speech-545770.html
    The Local Government Management Agency said an estimated 770,980 householders had paid the household charge by 7pm today. The deadline to register is midnight.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0331/alan-shatter-tells-sinn-fein-to-get-a-life.html#article

The majority of those liable(1.6m) paying is in sight yes?

• Advertisement

He is cutting back and taking funding away FFS.

Enda Kenny James O'Leary are ruthless when it comes to situations like this.:mad:

That is why the hospital is desperately trying to raise money from charity events to help save childrens lives.

If my small amount of 300 euro does something good in that hospital,along with all other small donations,then I am a happy man.

No, of course not.

Your more 'prone' to stare down your nose at us, whilst urging us, and attempting to scaremonger us, while in the next breath, admitting to not paying 'law of the land' taxes yourself.

Poll tax anyone?

No bullying accusations then? Aww.

Like I've already said - I'm more than happy with my position on the poll tax, and my position on the household charge.

Birroc wrote: »
    The people that paid that charge are cowardly sheep. I reckon they are now mostly ashamed.
    Can sheep feel shame? Or cowardice? :confused:

It has to be said a lot of the "no" side seem to have a fixation on sheep. :P

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Rather than congratulating him on his fundraising achievement you raise this?

Fundraising you say?
    FUNDRAISER: A BENEFIT dinner attended by Taoiseach Enda Kenny raised more than half a million dollars for the children’s medical research foundation at Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital, Crumlin, on Wednesday night.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2012/0217/1224311918306.html

and shills.

Birroc wrote: »

I wouldn't say that. There are people who genuinely believe they are contributing to reducing our deficit and of course their are those who would rather not have paid but are worried they would end up in court. There was a woman from the Citizens Information Centre on radio during the week explaining that alot of the elderly people where frightened that Enda and Phil were going to send the heavies around. I wouldnt resort to name calling to be honest.

As our Taoiseach, I'd prefer he was off in China hustling for business rather than doing fun-runs.

I wonder when we have to learn Chinese then.

Wonder when my Electric Ireland bill will be in Chinese??

Or when my Coilte grown Christamss tree will come with Chinese instructions for errecting it and watering it.

Can sheep feel shame? Or cowardice? :confused:

I'm just disappointed that 'sheeple' hasn't been wheeled out more. It's always a classic.

gurramok wrote: »
    770,000 paid by 7pm, the numbers are soaring with 5 hours of counting(7pm-12am) to be released yet.
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/protest-march-overshadows-taoiseachs-speech-545770.html

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0331/alan-shatter-tells-sinn-fein-to-get-a-life.html#article

The majority of those liable(1.6m) paying is in sight yes?

I cant see the 7pm reference on RTE's piece, (didnt check the other link)

100,000 people to register in less than 2 hrs is pretty optimistic, no?

• Advertisement

Where did I say Enda didn't fundraise? I'm talking about the OPs achievement which you glossed over.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement