Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options
1326327328329330332»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

A glossy new leaflet came today extoling all the good things that the HHC will pay for & how much it'll increase by for every period of non-payment.Lovely pictures inside of it of council houses & potholes being filled to make us feel all warm inside & as a result hand over the cash.

How much did these glossy booklets cost to produce? They'd be better served spending the money on tarmac.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

lol, Donal are you seriously going to argue that we dont argue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Okay then - burning things is NOT illegal, otherwise the ESB would not be allowed operate any of its thermal power plants and most people would not be allowed use central heating or fireplaces to heat there homes.
    Jebus, I cant believe I am actually playing along with your nonsense!

So burning materials in a public place is legal then is it? I mean right there on the street its legal to burn things, wow well I never knew that. Cheers Steve.

But just so I can be totally sure this is allowed can you provide me with some evidence or legislation stating I can burn things on a public street whenever I want. You know just in case I ever get in trouble for it. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

bgrizzley wrote: »
    lol, Donal are you seriously going to argue that we dont argue

But we dont argue!! (trying to get it to 10,000) unfortunately I gotta go to work now so wont have a shot at getting the 10000th post.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Mod

This thread wi be closed at 1800 this evening. We are nearing our 10k limit including deleted posts.

A new one will open shortly after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Hijpo

donalg1 wrote: »
    So burning materials in a public place is legal then is it? I mean right there on the street its legal to burn things, wow well I never knew that. Cheers Steve.

But just so I can be totally sure this is allowed can you provide me with some evidence or legislation stating I can burn things on a public street whenever I want. You know just in case I ever get in trouble for it. Cheers.

if you want to get pedantic, when people smoke they burn a thing in the street :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Slightly ot but it made me laugh & sums up the general feeling of the population:

I spotted a truck today & written in the dirt on the back was "FINE GAEL AND LABOUR ARE WANKERS"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

zerks wrote: »
    Slightly ot but it made me laugh & sums up the general feeling of the population:

I spotted a truck today & written in the dirt on the back was "FINE GAEL AND LABOUR ARE WANKERS"
    Polls don't agree.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Ghandee wrote: »
    As far as I can tell, and I can only tell by what was reported from the meeting this week, that the Troika said, they never insisted on bondholders being paid.

If that really is the case, then why was it such a big deal when the EU and ECB signalled that it was reconsidering its policy re. senior bondholders during the Spanish crisis earlier on this year?
    AIB have given away how much to bondholders though, which they got from who in the first place?

From the previous government. There's been no more bank recapitalisation since this one was elected.

Well, seeing as we have been told that the Troika told the govt they must introduce one, I'd say it has plenty to do with it!

Regardless, I asked what you thought of our govt telling the people lies as to why they paid back bondholders, and why they lied on who, or why they 'had to introduce the property tax?

As I said, I support a property tax regardless of whether we were instructed to introduce it or not. But if the troika didn't include it as a condition, why was it in text of the bailout agreement?

dvpower wrote: »
    Polls don't agree.

thats cause they didnt ask the question " Do you think FG and Labour are ****?":D

• Advertisement

dvpower wrote: »
    Polls don't agree.

What have the Polish got to do with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

What have the Polish got to do with it?
    We all want a nice shiny government.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Am Chile

A glossy new leaflet came today extoling all the good things that the HHC will pay for & how much it'll increase by for every period of non-payment.Lovely pictures inside of it of council houses & potholes being filled to make us feel綔뻄砌䈪骴Ǩ鳴Ǩ驠Ǩ鳴Ǩ劀ɟ㢐綤뻄뇠䈪驠Ǩ⯴ɘ緜뻄뉜䈪A hi zerks if you still have this leaflet~could you please upload a scan of it for people to see.

Am Chile wrote: »
    A glossy new leaflet came today extoling all the good things that the HHC will pay for & how much it'll increase by for every period of non-payment.Lovely pictures inside of it of council houses & potholes being filled to make us feel綔뻄砌䈪骴Ǩ鳴Ǩ驠Ǩ鳴Ǩ劀ɟ㢐綤뻄뇠䈪驠Ǩ⯴ɘ緜뻄뉜䈪A hi zerks if you still have this leaflet~could you please upload a scan of it for people to see.

you may be in luck Am Chile. if its glossy he may have not used it for toilet paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Why won't anyone answer the question?

Why did our govt go on to pay bondholders, after promising to burn them, and after lying to us that they were instructed to do so by the troika?

You'll all jump on the meaningless stuff such as dates and percentages,v yet refuse to give a reasonable explanation as to why FG lied to us all?

Can the indefensible not be defended?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Izzy Skint

So now we've gone from "where's the growth going to come from" to "where's even more growth going to come from".

Is it at all surprising that an export led economy has its forecasts downgraded when the global outlook is cut by a similar margin?

there is a BIG difference between growth and "enough" growth...
    and yes, the euro is in crisis, the us economy is in distress and the world economy is in decline......we are on a tightrope between two cliffs....just hope our govt. have a back up plan in case something outside our influence goes bad....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

DON'T REGISTER, DON'T PAY!

Part three here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement