Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,508 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

lugha wrote: »
    Can sheep feel shame? Or cowardice? :confused:

It has to be said a lot of the "no" side seem to have a fixation on sheep. :P

I'm just eating roast lamb as I read that, honestly :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

alastair wrote: »

Did Enda arrange this fundraiser himself??

So how much did Enda pledge himself to Crumlin Childrens Hospital??

Enda likes his name to appear in the news when it comes to things like this (good PR).

So how much did he pledge then????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

I'm just disappointed that 'sheeple' hasn't been wheeled out more. It's always a classic.
    Also, on a technical point. Seeing how the "yes" side (for a few more hours anyway ;) ) are in the minority, how exactly are we the sheep? Aren't the sheep the ones that go with the majority of the flock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Ghandee wrote: »

100,000 people to register in less than 2 hrs is pretty optimistic, no?

I'm hearing a little tremor in your voice Ghandee.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Where did I say Enda didn't fundraise? I'm talking about the OPs achievement which you glossed over.

I was more impressed with the €100 steak dinner. €300 to Crumlin seems pretty scabby in that context.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Roast Lamb:confused: On a Saturday night:eek:

That, along with Sky tv, pint of beer, internet connection, and eating taytos must be sacrificed to pay more Taxes Tayto, did you miss the memo?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

It won't hit a million tonight. 800,000 will be hit by midnight. You have ALOT of people today just getting it done today and ALOT of people saying they are going to wait a few days after then jut pay the fine if it's not going away. In 7 days time it will be around the 1 million mark

Also, on a technical point. Seeing how the "yes" side (for a few more hours anyway ;) ) are in the minority, how exactly are we the sheep? Aren't the sheep the ones that go with the majority of the flock?

Maybe we're the black sheep?

Your eating roast lamb at half ten at night??? Defo a subversive. :P

paddy147 wrote: »
    So how much did Enda pledge himself to Crumlin Childrens Hospital??

Enda likes his name to appear in the news when it comes to things like this (good PR).

So how much did he pledge then????

Most people like to keep their charitable donations private.

It can be seen as uncouth to brag about them in public Paddy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

No bullying accusations then? Aww.

Like I've already said - I'm more than happy with my position on the poll tax, and my position on the household charge.

But your reasons for not paying a tax are ok, but everyone elses are not. Its all me me me with you, isnt it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

I was more impressed with the €100 steak dinner. €300 to Crumlin seems pretty scabby in that context.

So your belittling the €300 raised? Your a nice chap altogether. Well done for revealing your true nature.

I'm hearing a little tremor in your voice Ghandee.

Your really not Francis. Really not.

I've a beer open, ACDC's DVD is blaring through the tv, absolutely no tremor in my voice kid.

Happy as a pig in muck I am ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,508 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Your eating roast lamb at half ten at night??? Defo a subversive. :P

I'll keep you the big bone :)

So your belittling the €300 raised? Your a nice chap altogether. Well done for revealing your true nature.

O that was revealed a fair while back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Am Chile

One little thing no paper or radio show I have listened to recently has mentioned is the number of houses in the census recently published

For people who might of missed this little bit of information in the 2011 census published recently. It says that there are now 2,000,000 households in Ireland. Not the 1,800,000 according to the Government figures regarding the Household charge.

Below is a link to the census results. Scroll down to page 17. It shows an increase to 2,004,000 homes in Aprils census.

This changes completely the figures. And more importantly the percentages of compliance.

Housing
    Total housing stock
    Housing numbers (dwellings) have increased more rapidly than total population between 2006 and
    2011, with a 13.3 per cent increase in dwellings compared with 8.1 per cent for the population. The
    number of dwellings increased by 234,562 from 1,769,613 in 2006 to 2,004,175 in 2011,

http://www.cso.ie/en/media/csoie/census/documents/Prelim%20complete.pdf

Whether you believe these figures they have being saying on different papers/radio shows is another debate, fact is out of that 2,004,175- over a million have not registered.

Scabby??

300 euro raised is 300 euro more to Crumlin and the sick childrens well being.

No donation is refused by them,they are not greedy and they dont look at the amount,they are just very glad to get the donations/money.

I didnt realize that 300 euro raised by myself from my local area was or is scabby??

But it obviously is to you.

Fair play to you for knocking my fundraising effort for very sick kids.

You are a top man indeed.

Ghandee wrote: »
    Your really not Francis. Really not.

I've a beer open, ACDC's DVD is blaring through the tv, absolutely no tremor in my voice kid.

Happy as a pig in muck I am ;)

You need to turn the music down.

Reality's been knocking at your door for ages now.

robbie7730 wrote: »
    But your reasons for not paying a tax are ok, but everyone elses are not. Its all me me me with you, isnt it??

Not really - it's you who's hung up on my decisions in relation to both.

Didnt you get the memo. The official figure is 1.6 million. Those other 400,000 don't count.
    Am Chile wrote: »
    One little thing no paper or radio show I have listened to recently has mentioned is the number of houses in the census recently published

For people who might of missed this little bit of information in the 2011 census published recently. It says that there are now 2,000,000 households in Ireland. Not the 1,800,000 according to the Government figures regarding the Household charge.

Above is a link to the census results. Scroll down to page 17. It shows an increase to 2,004,000 homes in Aprils census.

This changes completely the figures. And more importantly the percentages of compliance.

Housing
    Total housing stock
    Housing numbers (dwellings) have increased more rapidly than total population between 2006 and
    2011, with a 13.3 per cent increase in dwellings compared with 8.1 per cent for the population. The
    number of dwellings increased by 234,562 from 1,769,613 in 2006 to 2,004,175 in 2011,

Whether you believe these figures they have being saying on different papers/radio shows is another debate, fact is out of that 2,004,175- over a million have not registered.

• Advertisement

Didnt you get the memo. The official figure is 1.6 million. Those other 400,000 don't count.
    In fairness, the no side seemed to accept the figure of 1.6 million, while they had a commanding lead. It is only in the last few hours when the sheep started to close in that this desperate search to extend the total number began.

Edit: Also, the number now is 790,000. So only 10K to go! Sure that's only the number of posts in part 1 of this thread! ;)

Am Chile wrote: »

Below is a link to the census results. Scroll down to page 17. It shows an increase to 2,004,000 homes in Aprils census.

Housing
    Total housing stock

THE URBAN population has hit an all-time high with more than 2.8 million people living in towns, according to the 2011 census.

In total, there were just under 1.65 million occupied permanent housing units – up 13 per cent since 2006.

Detached houses were the most popular type of home, accounting for 42 per cent of all housing units. Flats and apartments showed the largest increase, from 110,000 in 2006 to 150,000 in 2011, a 27 per cent increase.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2012/0330/1224314099276.html
    The country's housing stock grew to almost two million homes - but almost 290,000 were vacant on census night last April, up 27,880 since the 2006 census.

The highest proportion of empty homes were in the west, with 30pc of dwellings in Letrium vacant, followed by Donegal (28pc).

However the number of private households increase by 12.6pc since 2006 to 1.65 million.
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/census-2011-marriage-splits-soar-population-grows-to-458m-in-latest-census-report-3066029.html

Maybe Enda Kenny and all the FG ministers might put their hands into their pockets tonight at their Ard Fheis afters/pi55 up and raise some money for Crumlin Childrens Hospital.

Is that possible??

You need to turn the music down.

Reality's been knocking at your door for ages now.

FG knocked on my door recently too, urging me to register online in an exempt estate, (of 200 houses or so)

He left with his tail between his legs though, you can bet your house on that one Francis.

Not really - it's you who's hung up on my decisions in relation to both.

Point out where i posted about it before then mr final analysis:pac:

The biggest hypocrite i have seen on boards yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Am Chile

On rte radio during the week Paul Mcsweeny stated they actually don,t know the total numbers of houses, but anyone owns a house still has to register.

In fairness, the no side seemed to accept the figure of 1.6 million, while they had a commanding lead. It is only in the last few hours when the sheep started to close in that this desperate search to extend the total number began.

It's quite funny, given the amount of times they accused RTE/the Goverenment of massaging the figures.

The point is there is 2 million homes as calculated by the Census Board unless they have made a huge mistake. If there is 2 million homes where have the 400,000 gone? Even if they are unoccupied they are still owned by developers/banks/Nama.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

robbie7730 wrote: »

Don't rise to the little fella, I'm sure it won't be long before he's sent on another little holiday by one of the mods....

• Advertisement

It's quite funny, given the amount of times they accused RTE/the Goverenment of massaging the figures.

Whatever the figures are, thats what they are. No one seems to have a definite answer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement