Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

alastair wrote: »
    Whatever - we've passed the magic million mark. Time to let go of the CAPITALISATION.

Where is the 1 million figure reported?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

hondasam wrote: »
    No I don't doubt it but was not aware they could take fines from your wages.
    why the need for new legislation if it's in place all ready :confused:
    Revenue have powers that weren't available to other agencies - nothing too unusual there.

If anything is unusual, its the fact that it is taking up to now to introduce this sensible measure to normal fines.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    So your owed €110 and someone posts you €100 you return the cheque. Are you sure your working the private sector? LOL

If I get an incomplete payment, I'd sort it out sharpish - I certainly don't negotiate after invoicing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Ghandee wrote: »
    I would say that Ireland will invade Germany by the end of the week.

Doesnt mean sh1t though, sorry to be blunt.

It means Magicsean is better at predicting the future than you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭MisterEpicurus

Look, however annoying, just pay it...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

dvpower wrote: »
    Revenue have powers that weren't available to other agencies - nothing too unusual there.

If anything is unusual, its the fact that it is taking up to now to introduce this sensible measure to normal fines.

Do revenue have the power to chase you on a household charge as it is not a household tax?

Genuine question.

If I get an incomplete payment, I'd sort it out sharpish - I certainly don't negotiate after invoicing.

€10 really? Are you sure your in the private sector and working in 2012?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

gerryo777 wrote: »
    Paddy, I hope they throw away the key.....:D

They wont need a key, dangerous criminals like paddy are put in open prison.

Where is the 1 million figure reported?

less that a million now have to pay - it's not exactly newsworthy info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

You are saying Revenue could only take tax fines? They could not deduct just any fine, is this correct?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

I wonder how much in 'normal fines' isn't collected each year?

It means Magicsean is better at predicting the future than you.

My daddys stronger than your daddy Francis.:rolleyes:

€10 really? Are you sure your in the private sector and working in 2012?

On the basis of principle - of course not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

robbie7730 wrote: »
    They wont need a key, dangerous criminals like paddy are put in open prison.

Yep,its true.

Im so dangerious that no prison cell can hold me......;):D (think about it).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Do revenue have the power to chase you on a household charge as it is not a household tax?

Genuine question.

I don't think so. I think Dvpower is trying to confuse us.

http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=can%20fines%20be%20taken%20form%20wages%20ire&source=web&cd=10&ved=0CFoQFjAJ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishtimes.com%2Fnewspaper%2Fireland%2F2012%2F0308%2F1224313004730.html&ei=I2N3T-DRBYyzhAeVwO2ODQ&usg=AFQjCNHZUg2tsuO55p-ZxOzSwMaJbZz6Yw

See this, not implemented yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭barrackali

So much for a majority not paying the charge...what a laugh. Many of the people who followed idiots like Clare Daly will be running down to pay the charge over the coming weeks/months. Property taxes are a way of life in other countries....get used to it. There is no way the government are going to forget about this charge, there will be no back down. I can't wait to hear people ringing in on Joe Duffy when they start deducting the charge from their incomes.

Oh but it is,if you comment on it...terminator.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

MagicSean wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure you know what happens to someone who doesn't pay a court fine. Penal warrant followed by three hots and a pot. That's just the fine. There is still the original charge pluse interest and penalty. They will likely deduct this at source for social welfare and public sector employees and through tax credits for everyone else. And I've no doubt that they will use the level of non payment as an excuse for some more cuts in the next budget.

That will not help their cause one iota. It will just turn more people against them and lead to a bitter campaign where the people will eventually turn against them and protests will occur.
    Attacking the ownership of a man's home is not the way.
    I know most of you Public Servants have to pay because you fear the consequences but the rest of us will fight this.

barrackali wrote: »
    So much for a majority not paying the charge...what a laugh. Many of the people who followed idiots like Clare Daly will be running down to pay the charge over the coming weeks/months. Property taxes are a way of life in other countries....get used to it. There is no way the government are going to forget about this charge, there will be no back down. I can't wait to hear people ringing in on Joe Duffy when they start deducting the charge from their incomes.

Wonder will Ray Darcy pay the fines for all his listeners, who he urged to send the money to Crumlin Hospital instead!

Wonder will Ray Darcy pay the fines for all his listeners, who he urged to send the money to Crumlin Hospital instead!

Crumlin Hospital actually NEEDS the money to help save childrens lives.

But you would rather line Endas pockets than save a childs life.

You have a heart of gold..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Blah, blah, blah. Majority didn't pay. Get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

200,000 homes have gone missing. LOL

Mine is one of them ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

The website is the buisiest tonight it has ever been, there are huge numbers registering for the charge. Before midnight you're looking at almost 800,000 at this rate.

And there will be no extension period. Come midnight it's a fine for late pay, simple as.

I don't care. For a 'man' to make the patriotic reference statement he did on tv tonight, is an abomination. I'm no less patriotic by not paying this HT as the bloke who has paid it.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭barrackali

squod wrote: »
    Blah, blah, blah. Majority didn't pay. Get over it.

Have you not seen the latest stats????? I think you need to do some research.

paddy147 wrote: »
    Crumlin Hospital actually NEEDS the money to help save childrens lives.

That's hardly my point now Paddy, though I suspect you know this already.

But you said 1 million had paid. Are you now backtracking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

I can't wait to hear people ringing in on Joe Duffy when they start deducting the charge from their incomes.

God, you must have a really sad life!

paddy147 wrote: »

But you would rather line Endas pockets than save a childs life.

You have a heart of gold..

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Genuine question.
    No. The Revenue have no part to play in this at all (apart from sharing databases).
    My only reason for introducing the Revenue is as an example of where attachment orders are routine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement