Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CoD MW3] - Megabitch Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

Half way through 15th prestige and I cant see it through...I hear that InfinityWard are releasing another 5 prestiges after this and after that those trolls will probably release another 5 and so on until blops2 is released.

Seeing as though I have played 14 days or so on MW3 and am an average player at best, I have come to the conclusion that this game is fkn garbage. Worst cod to date, worst spawns, worst maps, worst lag etc etc

I'm thinking of going back to blops from tomorrow onwards because I don't enjoy MW3 at all at this stage.

Can anyone recommend another good FPS game on the market right now? Is battlefield the only other one?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

LaVail wrote: »
    Half way through 15th prestige and I cant see it through...I hear that InfinityWard are releasing another 5 prestiges after this and after that those trolls will probably release another 5 and so on until blops2 is released.

Seeing as though I have played 14 days or so on MW3 and am an average player at best, I have come to the conclusion that this game is fkn garbage. Worst cod to date, worst spawns, worst maps, worst lag etc etc

I'm thinking of going back to blops from tomorrow onwards because I don't enjoy MW3 at all at this stage.

Can anyone recommend another good FPS game on the market right now? Is battlefield the only other one?

Thanks

Adding more prestiges is truly a joke.

What console are you on ? Only things that come to mind atm is halo/bf3 but theres a few shooters coming out over the next few months.

Nexiuz looks good from what i've seen, even on console it seems to control well for a arena shooter. Think its already out on xbox and is due out on PS3/PC 17th April

CS:GO might be worth a go aswel when its released, maybe june/july... not entirely sure how well it'll play on a controller but i've been playing the beta (An actual beta, been improving a lot each week with updates) on pc and its looking good.

Another very interesting shooter coming out for PS3 is dust 514, its based on the EVE online universe... has some very unique features. Could be pretty awesome.

Other than those... you could always invest in a PC :P Tons of great shooters available.

Magill wrote: »
    Adding more prestiges is truly a joke.

What console are you on ? Only things that come to mind atm is halo/bf3 but theres a few shooters coming out over the next few months.

Nexiuz looks good from what i've seen, even on console it seems to control well for a arena shooter. Think its already out on xbox and is due out on PS3/PC 17th April

CS:GO might be worth a go aswel when its released, maybe june/july... not entirely sure how well it'll play on a controller but i've been playing the beta (An actual beta, been improving a lot each week with updates) on pc and its looking good.

Another very interesting shooter coming out for PS3 is dust 514, its based on the EVE online universe... has some very unique features. Could be pretty awesome.

Other than those... you could always invest in a PC :P Tons of great shooters available.

I play on xbox atm but hoping to get both a ps3 and some sort of high end pc later on in the year. Never played on pc so don't know if I'm gonna enjoy it or not but I'll give it a shot when the time comes.

Thanks for the recommendations you listed above...gonna do some research now and hopefully I'll find something to replace cod.

Cheers :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I play on xbox atm but hoping to get both a ps3 and some sort of high end pc later on in the year. Never played on pc so don't know if I'm gonna enjoy it or not but I'll give it a shot when the time comes.

Thanks for the recommendations you listed above...gonna do some research now and hopefully I'll find something to replace cod.

Cheers :cool:

np.

Once you get over the initial learning curve with a mouse/keyboard there really isn't a better platform for FPS games than PC.

You pretty much have everything you can get on console (CoD/BF) + a ton of the best online shooters around. Something for everyone.. tactical shooters like ARMA and red orchestra, modern shooters like BF/CoD, skill based shooters like CS/Quake/TF2/tribes:ascend and then the best Co-op games around like L4D and killingfloor. Honestly i don't have enough time to play them all these days ! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Thanks

Gone exactly the same.Bit of a blood pressure problem as well so the raging wasn't exactly helping me out in any way. Picked up bf3, its a totally different game and I'm crap at it at the moment but for some reason don't get as worked up playing it and there's a **** load more to learn when playing it. If ya pick it up add me ,as its way more fun playing with others.
    Thought I'd miss MW3 but to be honest am having crazy fun playing other games that I bought over the last few months.Will head back to cod after a bit and hopefully after a break might enjoy it a bit more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Meatwad wrote: »
    Gone exactly the same.Bit of a blood pressure problem as well so the raging wasn't exactly helping me out in any way. Picked up bf3, its a totally different game and I'm crap at it at the moment but for some reason don't get as worked up playing it and there's a **** load more to learn when playing it. If ya pick it up add me ,as its way more fun playing with others.
    Thought I'd miss MW3 but to be honest am having crazy fun playing other games that I bought over the last few months.Will head back to cod after a bit and hopefully after a break might enjoy it a bit more.

I was actually snapping playing yesterday for some reason... After we lost 2 matches in a row, I kind of just went fuck this shit and quit. I never normally rage or quit out like that... (Its probably just manstration :P ) Even when I was going about 45-5 on a match, I just hated the game. Think its time for another little break from it.

I was starting to lose it big time...I'm supposed to be an adult and laugh that stuff off but man I was raging.. Cars and other stuff exploding while I'm 20 feet away and I'm dead... Kids running with dead mans hand and last stand sometimes in groups of four on the other team Jesus F Christ.

Only real enjoyment I got out of it recently was when I'd hear a pred missile coming my way I'd throw down my c4 and suicide....no pred missile kill for you holmes.

I'm heading into town sometime this week and I'll probably buy BF3 just to keep me ticking over...I'll add you.

Nice one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

I got so pissed off with the game only a few days that I set up a class called "CÚNT CLASS". It consists of:

ACR - Silencer/Baby monitor
    RPG (although dual FMG's were a close second)
    Semtex
    Concussion

Blind Eye Pro
    Assassin Pro
    Dead Silence Pro

SAM Turret/Recon Drone/EMP
    Dead Mans Hand

That to me is probably the most annoying set up to come against so I decided if I end up in a shítty lobby that I'll just use that.

Fight fire with fire and all that

I got so pissed off with the game only a few days that I set up a class called "CÚNT CLASS". It consists of:

ACR - Silencer/Baby monitor
    RPG (although dual FMG's were a close second)
    Semtex
    Concussion

Blind Eye Pro
    Assassin Pro
    Dead Silence Pro

SAM Turret/Recon Drone/EMP
    Dead Mans Hand

That to me is probably the most annoying set up to come against so I decided if I end up in a shítty lobby that I'll just use that.

Fight fire with fire and all that

LoL bad ass class right there :D

Hope you were sitting in a nice dark corner almost invisible to the naked eye for full effect.

Saw a guy the other day with a baby monitor on his acr and he was pressing YY every second or two...it took me a few minutes to figure out that every time he pressed YY to switch weapons his baby monitor refreshed and he didn't have to wait until it did it by itself, had to laugh at this.

Also that recon drone has to be one of the most annoying "rewards" in the game...when that things up in the air I lose it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

*cough*
    Yimrag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,580 ✭✭✭✭klose

Recon drone was a good idea, pretty down.to earth untill they decided that you somehow get flashed when tagged, must they make everything annoying in some way? Yes.

Recon drone was a good idea, pretty down.to earth untill they decided that you somehow get flashed when tagged, must they make everything annoying in some way? Yes.

What's more annoying is that a little remote control toy chopper has flares...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

I reckon I must have used the recon drone over 2000 times and it doesn't get dull, it's been reduced in effectiveness with updates (lowered the flying ceiling and possibly speed, introduced time delay to tag the recently spawned) but I still like using it. Blind eye pro and lmgs is the only real thing to worry about.

Some recon drone music

I still get a buzz flying straight into the enemies spawn or into a tiny room and tagging the sh*t out of them. Another thing I've been trying to do is to annoy teammates by blocking their view or pinning them against a wall or end up in the game winning killcam like Arney Pie in the sky.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

The new maps aren't terrible but I've somewhat lost all interest now.

The new map in the park has some of the worst campers I have ever seen. Using tac insert to spawn with a sniper rifle behind a wall next to the flag. Never moving. No interest in whether the flag is yours or not. Just waiting to whore some kills.
    I'm on level 80 again staring down the prospect of a 2nd prestige and I just couldn't be arsed. Spawning is crap where it really matters in KC TDM and FFA, there are no killer maps still IMO and nobody plays the objective in objective based games, just show up to kill whore and max their stats.

So I dusted off BF3 and turned it on for the first time in months. 2GB of updates to download. Jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,580 ✭✭✭✭klose

And another big ass patch coming out soon, tomorow I think on ps3. Literally had to uninstall games on me xbox to keep that beast going. Worst game ever to play hungover though.

On topic... The mp7 is way too good for an smg (guilty myself of using it sometimes) but ffs like acoss the other end of the street with a silencer, GTFO

• Registered Users Posts: 12,495 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

patch probably for the content drop 3 for the PS3 Elite members coming this Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

I noticed this in black ops also but it's far more frustrating in mw3, but you're character model is unable to look directly up leaving a big disc-shaped blind spot that you're unable to hit. I was trying to take out a chopper overhead on lockdown and it's nigh on impossible to do it unless you stand in the open. In black ops you could see the skybox easily but not so in mw3. Activision needs to send the character models to a chiropractor and sort out their backs or ease up on their lego/minecraft fixation for future games.

Another thing I hate on lockdown, is pretty much every building is 4 stories high, but you can only go up to the first floor, making the map far too close in and claustrophobic. The map designers must all have undiagnosed fear of heights. That map is easily the biggest waste of potential space for map design and most frustrating to try and take out enemy support. On other maps, the uavs etc. fly higher up but on lockdown like on resistance and hardhat they fly behind buildings blocking the shots. If you can't see the enemy killstreaks behind buildings then they shouldn't see you.

Finally, it seems to me that uavs seem to have been fitted with a hotwheels colour changing ability/global hypercolor technology and change colour to match the sky in various maps. It's little wonder players default to assassin when the game makes the alternatives strategies infeasible.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

think i had my most raging evening ever of Mw3, people just camping and doing the most retarded things ever, i was in a game of domination on hardhat were i died 17 times by the one guy camping at the tunnel near B dom and then using his sentry gun to defend himself from another direction so he could camp for longer. Imo they should take out any sort of statistic out of the game, because that is the reason these kids ads in corners, for a number on a screen that doesnt mean anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Why do you post about 100+ kill games if it doesn't mean anything?

There's only a select few players who I know of that don't care about their stats at all...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

IPAM wrote: »
    Why do you post about 100+ kill games if it doesn't mean anything?

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

There's only a select few players who I know of that don't care about their stats at all...

I care about stats, I always try for a high K/D but the win comes first

IPAM wrote: »
    I care about stats, I always try for a high K/D but the win comes first

Yea, I mean don't get me wrong, I like to finish a game with positive K/D but if we're losing, that goes out the window! :pac: Also, running around with an MSR doesn't help anything!

I was a total stat whore in all previous COD games. This one just doesn't have the same appeal for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

A decent K/D and a good player usually go hand in hand. Not always though! One person on my FL in particular has the highest K/D of my friends but is utter muck. Campy campy camp

I don't think having a good K/D makes you a good player. Having a good K/D and good W/L playing solo is the sign of a good player, IMO of course.

Look at me for example; My K/D is something like 1.5 and my W/L is 5.3 but I (and a lot of others :pac:) wouldn't consider me a good player.

I don't think having a good K/D makes you a good player. Having a good K/D and good W/L playing solo is the sign of a good player, IMO of course.

Look at me for example; My K/D is something like 1.5 and my W/L is 5.3 but I (and a lot of others :pac:) wouldn't consider me a good player.

Not saying it auto makes you a good player but they usually go hand in hand.

Score per minute was a fairly good indicator in blops I feel, depending on Killstreaks ofc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

I generally don't give a **** about the stats on cod at all.I feel they restrict me from having fun in game.I prefer having a **** kd and enjoy the game instead of having a really high one and camping in a corner the whole game(not that all people with high kds are campers).Saying that though, the reason my k/d isn't great is from playing at launch on my own alot and playing the objective while randomers on the team avoided capping flags...that and being really impatient.
    Think K/d should be taken out or an option should be available to hide it from every one else. Reckon you'd notice a bit of a difference in how some people play.

LakesKeane wrote: »
    Score per minute was a fairly good indicator in blops

This was the nuts! Really gave you a good idea who was in any way decent. Miss it :o

I generally don't give a **** about the stats on cod at all.I feel they restrict me from having fun in game.I prefer having a **** kd and enjoy the game instead of having a really high one and camping in a corner the whole game(not that all people with high kds are campers).Saying that though, the reason my k/d isn't great is from playing at launch on my own alot and playing the objective while randomers on the team avoided capping flags...that and being really impatient.
    Think K/d should be taken out or an option should be available to hide it from every one else. Reckon you'd notice a bit of a difference in how some people play.

True, some people play for that number,the worst of the worst. Don't know what they were thinking taking out caps/defends and all that after Treyarch put it in?! Everyone seemed to like the idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

this really, my k/d and w/l on mw3 is probably appalling lol I've barely been playing it lately

Advertisement