Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connemarathon 1/4/2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnn'ttttttttttt wait, and I'm only spectating :-) Good luck this weekend everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

best of luck everyone!

you shower of nutters :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

digger2d2 wrote: »
    I thought you were turning into Eamo for a minute :D(sorry Eamo);)
    I cant just imagine eamonn now, Must beat digger. he brings weapons to connemara you know, its like a mixture of an ultra and mad max:D

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Running Fool

5:30
    Menoscemo
    Caninemarathoner
    Corkrunner71

6:00
    Oisin
    Izoard
    Marthastew
    claralara
    Aimman

Somewhere in between…
    Digger

6:30
    Ultraman1
    Running Fool
    [/SIZE]

Gonna start with the 6.30 pack and see how it goes...............

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Best of luck to everyone heading to Conn at the weekend. Weather looks to be pretty perfect, with temps cooling down, and no rain forcast and just light winds. Enjoy :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Best of luck to all..... feel tired and sore at the mere thought of the ultra- you do know yer all mad right?*

*hope to see ye at the start line next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Best of luck to all on Sunday esp the mad ultra people who really need to get some decent box sets from Santa in future:D

Enjoy the hailstones and heatwave that Conn provides each year and as i cruise up the Kybher on Sunday morning, i'll be thinking of ye all turning right and having a look at the Hell of the West in all its glory and the lovely sweets that await at the top of the hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Ahh! illness has struck!
    What began the week as an earache has developed into slight case of tonsilitis (second time in a year - may need to get them yanked out!). After a tough evening last night I think I am over the worst but still pretty run down and sniffly. I'm hoping it's on it's way out of my system but it better move quick or Sunday could be in jeopardy!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

belcarra wrote: »
    Ahh! illness has struck!
    What began the week as an earache has developed into slight case of tonsilitis (second time in a year - may need to get them yanked out!). After a tough evening last night I think I am over the worst but still pretty run down and sniffly. I'm hoping it's on it's way out of my system but it better move quick or Sunday could be in jeopardy!!:eek:
    I got my tonsils out when i was 24 after 3 bouts of tonsilitis quince in a couple of months. get them out it is well worth it after the initial pain.
    With reagrds sunday, if you decide to you it id take it super handy and enjoy yourself as much as you can. last thing you want is to have to drop out in the middle of nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

"last thing you want is to have to drop out in the middle of nowhere."
    ...again!!:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭liamo123

For those of ye staying in Galway have ye decided on where to meet for post race hydration ;)....

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭EauRouge79

belcarra wrote: »
    Ahh! illness has struck!

Ah, sorry to hear that. Hope you recover in time. Id be some cranky fecker in your situation.
    Sitting on the bus heading home from work, yesterday with with people coughing and spluttering, I was fearing waking up this morning with an ailment as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Eeek I cant wait either and Im not running or spectating just thinking of ye all and wishing I was there to cheer ye on. Cant wait to hear all about it.

Best of luck and enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

Starie1975 wrote: »
    Hi all,

My wife and I ran the half last year for the first time. Both of us ran it just over 2 hours, so we were all set to break the two hour mark this year. I'm from the area, only five miles from the finish line.

We are both off work today with a chest infection. :( As things stand I won't be able to walk the prom not alone run 13 miles.

We can't find any contact number but we've seen on the FAQ that Connemarathon don't do refunds.

Does anyone know if they'll let us defer untill 2013. I've e-mailed but I'm sure they are flat out.

Anybody got any suggestions? Thanks.

It's offical, we are out of the race. :( We're both very disapointed. Heading up to the Pillo Hotel later on to see if we can get a deferal untill next year.

Best of luck to everyone taking part. We're both going to be in Maam Cross at the finish line to cheer everyone on.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭EauRouge79

Sunday 01/04/201200:00–06:0002n.32.png 8°0 mmvindpil.0075.010.pngModerate breeze, 7 m/s from north06:00–12:0001d.png 6°0 mmvindpil.0050.045.pngGentle breeze, 4 m/s from northeast12:00–18:0001d.png 10°0 mmvindpil.0025.035.pngLight breeze, 3 m/s from northeast

Looking good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

liamo123 wrote: »
    For those of ye staying in Galway have ye decided on where to meet for post race hydration ;)....

Not yet. We went to a nice pub last year but I can't remember the name of it. If anyone wants to suggest the name of a pub, we can all meet up there (say at 8pm) and take it from there....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

menoscemo wrote: »
    Not yet. We went to a nice pub last year but I can't remember the name of it. If anyone wants to suggest the name of a pub, we can all meet up there (say at 8pm) and take it from there....
    Will be staying in Clifden, but Against the Grain has three sister pubs in Galway, all worth a look (particularly for you craft beer snobs). The Cottage, the Salt House and Oslo. Addresses here. Just thought I'd mention a few options.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

hey guys, is there a baggage area I can leave a bag at at the beginning of the marathon and pick up before I get on the bus etc, nothing I'm seeing on the site about this (unless I'm blind), I'm assuming there must be

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

id be up for that. im quite likely to be drinking on the way down - ive an injury to forget about!

Meno and liamo - will PM you my mobile

Cabaal wrote: »
    hey guys, is there a baggage area I can leave a bag at at the beginning of the marathon and pick up before I get on the bus etc, nothing I'm seeing on the site about this (unless I'm blind), I'm assuming there must be
    There is indeed. You will be given a plastic bag at race registration. Put your clothing/good etc in the bag, place this in the appropriate area and it will be taken to the finish line, where you can join the other 2,500 people searching for their respective bags (though they are separated by race distance and number groupings). Try not to leave any valuables in your bag, on the remote chance that you are unsuccessful in being reunited with aforementioned bag. Good luck in the race!

• Advertisement

id be up for that. im quite likely to be drinking on the way down - ive an injury to forget about!

Meno and liamo - will PM you my mobile
    You doing the half? Race you to the pub.

Will be staying in Clifden, but Against the Grain has three sister pubs in Galway, all worth a look (particularly for you craft beer snobs). The Cottage, the Salt House and Oslo. Addresses here. Just thought I'd mention a few options.

They look lovely. Problem is none are in Galway City centre. Most are staying near Eyre Square and won't want to have to hobble too far for a pub. I am onto Aimman about last years pub, he is going to find out and post it up later this evening. Then we can all arrange to meet there again and see where the night brings us :pac: (last year it brought us to some seedy nightclub until 3 in the moning :D)

Just realised ye are talking about post race hydration. I have to be back in dublin on monday :(

im looking for pre race hydration if anyone is interested though

You doing the half? Race you to the pub.

yip, hobbling the half with two mates - said id pace one of them and dont want to go back on it.

Just realised ye are talking about post race hydration. I have to be back in dublin on monday :(

im looking for pre race hydration if anyone is interested though

:eek: What do you take me for? This is my Goal race, i can't go on the beer the night before, can I? :pac:

:eek: What do you take me for? This is my Goal race, i can't go on the beer the night before, can I? :pac:

even I wouldnt try to tempt you into that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

So where are the beers going to be flowing in Clifden?

Finally looking forward to it again, Had a Viral infection all week and it's now shifting at last, has been a stressful week to say the least. Roll on Sunday.

jester1980 wrote: »
    So where are the beers going to be flowing in Clifden?

Finally looking forward to it again, Had a Viral infection all week and it's now shifting at last, has been a stressful week to say the least. Roll on Sunday.
    E. J. Kings is the spot to be. The bar in The Station House can be good at times, but I've also seen it empty at other times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

PLEASE..... No craft beers, I was lured into drinking some muck after MSB... Krusty, don't be leading them astray ;):D

• Advertisement

digger2d2 wrote: »
    PLEASE..... No craft beers, I was lured into drinking some muck after MSB... Krusty, don't be leading them astray ;):D
    Just trying to keep the indigenous Irish beer industry alive!
    None of those English beers, like Guinness, Smithwicks, Harp and Kilkenny, or Dutch beers Like Murphys and Beamish.

Advertisement