Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connemarathon 1/4/2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

menoscemo wrote: »
    Not yet. We went to a nice pub last year but I can't remember the name of it. If anyone wants to suggest the name of a pub, we can all meet up there (say at 8pm) and take it from there....

The pub we were in last year was the Quay Bar in Quay Street (thank goodness for Google Street View)

Brilliant Spot. It had live music till about 12 then we all went upstairs for the dischko! :cool:

Dont let ClaraLara bring her Laser card this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Aimman wrote: »
    The pub we were in last year was the Quay Bar in Quay Street (thank goodness for Google Street View)

Brilliant Spot. It had live music till about 12 then we all went upstairs for the dischko! :cool:

Dont let ClaraLara bring her Laser card this time.

There we go so.
    This is the pub : http://www.galwaycitypubguide.com/all-pubs/the-quays.html

It's half way between the Cathedral and the Spanish arch so it sould suit most. See you all there from 8pm (although I'll probably be there before).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

There is indeed. You will be given a plastic bag at race registration. Put your clothing/good etc in the bag, place this in the appropriate area and it will be taken to the finish line, where you can join the other 2,500 people searching for their respective bags (though they are separated by race distance and number groupings). Try not to leave any valuables in your bag, on the remote chance that you are unsuccessful in being reunited with aforementioned bag. Good luck in the race!

Yeah not expecting it to be easy to find the bag but wanted to have a change of clothes for after, anything valuable will be on me so not the end of the world if I can't find the bag :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭The_Boy_Wonder

Best of luck to all. Hope you get the reward for all your preparation!

And of course enjoy the Apres-Hills and Apres-Marathon!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Just trying to keep the indigenous Irish beer industry alive!
    None of those English beers, like Guinness, Smithwicks, Harp and Kilkenny, or Dutch beers Like Murphys and Beamish.

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭ger664

Best of luck to everyone running tomorrow and Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Cutex

Good Luck to everyone running tomorrow. You ultra marathoners are nuts but would love to join you next year.....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Good luck lads, nice 3 and a half hour drive ahead of me to get to Galway...joy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Mick Rice

Am out in Connemara helping with the race director's invitational. Grahame Colhoun is pushing at the front with 15 miles done. He's running the ultra tomorrow. Some man for one man. Colin Joyce and two others in close attendance. Conditions are perfect here light breeze an 12 degrees.

Listening to Morcombe and Wise singing 'Bring me Sunshine' on the radio. Perhaps not.

Roll on tomorrow :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 bookshelf

I'm doing half marathon and I've done zero training, I mean nothing. Does this mean i'll die. I'm still hoping to do it under 1hr 50min. I ran a few 5km last year thats about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭hot to trot

Why are you posting? Do you want everyone to say your are mad? or just go for it anyway and see how you get on and worry about the fall out after? , or just attention seeking?

There are sooo many people who would love to be doing this on Sunday, who were willing to put in many hours training and dedicate themselves to it in the hope of having a truly memorable and successful race with thousands of others but who couldnt get a place because a small number of others who couldnt care less , didnt train, took up the places and they couldnt get an entry.

I know its first come first served , but please dont post pointless messages like this!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 bookshelf

Why are you posting? Do you want everyone to say your are mad? or just go for it anyway and see how you get on and worry about the fall out after? , or just attention seeking?

There are sooo many people who would love to be doing this on Sunday, who were willing to put in many hours training and dedicate themselves to it in the hope of having a truly memorable and successful race with thousands of others but who couldnt get a place because a small number of others who couldnt care less , didnt train, took up the places and they couldnt get an entry.

I know its first come first served , but please dont post pointless messages like this!:mad:
    Jaysus chill out a bit man. It's only a last minute thing that i'm doing it as my friend pulled out due to injury. I know you're not meant to take anyones place but it's better than going to waste. I'm wondering from people with more experience is it possible to do it in 1hr50min without any training. I'd do a 5k in about 20min.
    I didn't mean to anger anyone with that last post so apologies if I did

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭jonny99

bookshelf wrote: »
    Jaysus chill out a bit man. It's only a last minute thing that i'm doing it as my friend pulled out due to injury. I know you're not meant to take anyones place but it's better than going to waste. I'm wondering from people with more experience is it possible to do it in 1hr50min without any training. I'd do a 5k in about 20min.

I just think youre being irresponsible on a couple of fronts.But to answer your question..I dont know, but i'd doubt it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 730 ✭✭✭gosuckonalemon

Your friend will have to register at the hotel today as they require photo ID. He can then pass on his chip to you.

If your friend had to cancel he could defer to next year. You cannot give your pass to anyone else (officially)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

I'm doing half marathon and I've done zero training, I mean nothing. Does this mean i'll die. I'm still hoping to do it under 1hr 50min. I ran a few 5km last year thats about it

You have run a few 5k's done no training for one of th ehardest half marathons in Ireland and didnt even enter it yourself.

You will get out of it exactly what you put in.

Haha, you obviously nailed it because he closed his account. Don't think he got the reaction he was hoping for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭chinguetti

I can't wait to read that report on Monday. Also a photo of his face when he turns for the Hell of the West would be lovely.

Has to be a wind up though lads, he can't be that silly, can he?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nonioshea

liamo123 wrote: »
    For those of ye staying in Galway have ye decided on where to meet for post race hydration ;)....

theres an official after party upstairs in the quays, just found this on facebook!!! its starting at 9:30!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Connemarathon-2012-After-Party/364939283527617

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow!

Think I'll have to give the long run a go there next year after all the enthusiasm from everyone here :)

nonioshea wrote: »
    theres an official after party upstairs in the quays, just found this on facebook!!! its starting at 9:30!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Connemarathon-2012-After-Party/364939283527617

That's mad. Complete coincidence that we decided yesterday to go here for beers after the race. Double reason to go now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Good luck everyone tomorrow - say hello to that gigantic never ending hill at the end for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Good luck everyone tomorrow - say hello to that gigantic never ending hill at the end for me :)

The one you legged it up ahead of me, is it? ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Wally Runs

All quite but sunny here in Clifden, runners all getting ready and giving each other that look! The weather looks to be perfect.

Wally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Any live tracking? Want to keep an eye on one of my horsies

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Bambaata

havent been able to find one myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

No live tracking as far as I know. Will have to be happy with 70.3 Texas instead:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

All the 5:30 guys should be finished now. Claralara should be somewhere around the HOTW and digger and aimman probably still have about 20 miles to go ;)

Who needs live tracking when you've got RQ.

Keith Whyte 2nd
    Mick Rice 3rd
    Liamo and TFBubenforfer - both sub 5(Liam 4:51, Tomas 4:53)
    Meno - 5:39
    ClaraLara - 5:48
    MarthaStew - 5:49
    Izoard - 5:57
    Oisin - 6:10
    Ultraman - 6:17 (must have hitched a ride for about half of it :pac: )
    Digger - 6:24
    Belcarra - 6:39

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Unbelievable weather out west. I drove through the marathon start line 15min before the off and I was very jealous. This country is an amazing place on days like today. Would have loved to have been running this today.

• Advertisement

Forgot to mention. The ultra winner was well under 4 hours apparantly :eek:

And KC finished 5th in the half in around 80 mins.

Ultra results in previous post updated...

Advertisement