Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Bollix. Bookings for first sem only in Dromroe closed. :\:\

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭[Rasta]

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Bollix. Bookings for first sem only in Dromroe closed. :\:\

Ouchies!
    I applied for 2nd semester in dromroe and completed some induction thingy on the website, does that mean I got a place or not?

Seems confusing cause it says I completed induction and my application was processed, but above it says you will be contacted within 24 hours if you submitted an application... but I haven't been contacted/received email :pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

[Rasta] wrote: »
    Ouchies!
    I applied for 2nd semester in dromroe and completed some induction thingy on the website, does that mean I got a place or not?

Seems confusing cause it says I completed induction and my application was processed, but above it says you will be contacted within 24 hours if you submitted an application... but I haven't been contacted/received email :pac:

You probably have a room. Don't expect much contact from them. I didn't get a confirmation email last year for like a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Normally don't mind the room partiton in the computer room in the library for classes, but please, can you shout any louder? Seriously considering getting the earplugs out of my bag, this is ****ing ridiculous...the noise levels are actually a joke.

Started the day anticipating the co-op talk on international co-op opportunities.
    Ended the day with the realisation that I will have to repeat 2nd year if I actually want to get a decent placement/eventual degree. Fun fun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FredBaby!

Oh housemates, how I will not miss you... All of my tea-towels had mysteriously gone missing and I eventually found them shoved in one of the kitchen drawers because instead of giving them back to me so I could wash them they decided it would make more sense to hide them? Some of them have been there since last semester and have been used to clean up god knows what. Honestly :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

Anyone doing the Victorian literature module? Anyone know if that Famine thingy counts towards the tutorial attendance grade? I don't have time to be faffing about for 2 hours when I have 2 essays due on the same day at the same time :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Found my own tea-towel soaked in beer that a housemate decided to use for their spillage...No wonder I hide everything in my room :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

Courtesy of Belly_OS and bazkennedy, I am severely hungover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

**** you FYP that is all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

The campus really looks stunning when the weather is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

Skyrim wrote: »
    The campus really looks stunning when the weather is great.

As do the women :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

See someone has left their radio on in their car near the shannon ices van at the library, the windows are a fair bit down, the engine is on and no one inside, what are they thinking?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Ice Cream Van...
    Jesus Christ...
    Bet he's been getting **** business the past 2 years...
    No doubt he's smiling today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Ice Cream Van...
    Jesus Christ...
    Bet he's been getting **** business the past 2 years...
    No doubt he's smiling today
    Yes Ice Cream van and nothing eles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Jester252 wrote: »
    Yes Ice Cream van and nothing else.

What more do you want!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

What more do you want!

Something to sprinkle on the cone

YFlyer wrote: »
    What more do you want!

Something to sprinkle on the cone
    That makes the Ice Cream "extra" nice :pac:

How ignorant do you have to be to listen to rave ****e and experimental techno crap on your earphones at full blast in the library? I'm hearing it all the time now. Idiots

Mindkiller wrote: »
    How ignorant do you have to be to listen to rave ****e and experimental techno.

FYP ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    FYP ;)

Get out! That's my profession you're taking the p1ss out of there! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

There is some absolute dolt sitting at a computer in the library using his laptop.
    In what world does that make sense :confused:

I've done that before. Sometimes I need to do it to upload something from my laptop to dropbox. I don't have a USB stick you sees.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,831 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Was the PC on as well or had he just taken up a space to work off his laptop on?

The latter happened to me last semester at the Venus labs. 2 little tits sitting in front of a PC, which was still on the log in page, and they were working on a presentation on a laptop in front of it. THe whole lab was full. :mad:

In hindsight I should have approached them, but I was in too much of a shoite mood anyway (group projects)

Meanwhile, on a PC related note: People who sit at the tables near plug sockets in Red Raisins and other places and don't have a laptop or anything. :mad:

It sucks that you can't print for your laptop. It would cut down the need for PC

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭thats not gone well

It sucks that you can't print for your laptop. It would cut down the need for PC

you can here, well sort of, it only works on the library printer.
    i havent used this myself but if push came to shove i would.
    (gotta love having access to AMO labs :cool:)

you can here, well sort of, it only works on the library printer.
    i havent used this myself but if push came to shove i would.
    (gotta love having access to AMO labs :cool:)

Its hit and miss had it work once but not again. One of the library staff told me that it doesn't work too well. I haven't seen this one so they might have changed it.
    Also today as I am logging in to a computer some bitch comes up to me and tells me that was her computer. I told her it was logged off and she looked at me as if I was stupid and said she had logged off to go to with her friends so I told her to Fup off

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

You can.

go to start, run, \\payprint64.ul.campus, login with student ID (put UL\ before it) and password, select printer, happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Don't think we have the opposite of the daily bitch thread but UL was stunning today, in more ways than one. :pac:

• Advertisement

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Don't think we have the opposite of the daily bitch thread but UL was stunning today, in more ways than one. :pac:

We do, but it's kinda lonely. We seem to like bitching much more :pac:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=63026782

Advertisement