Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

while bitch-slapping Kony with a rubber bracelet

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

And arguing with CSIS HoD...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    And arguing with CSIS HoD...

BULL****!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Again, the common room is in an absolute state, when will people learn?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Cydoniac wrote: »
    when will people learn?

when its too late

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Ew exams :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Have to wait a week and a half for a Pysiotherapy appointment when I'm in serious pain...Great :/

sup_dude wrote: »
    Ew exams :(

Got ours postponed by 2 weeks!

backpain-1292835351.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

3 exams out of the way :-)
    Know there's at least one more...
    Next week...
    Time and day is a mystery to me...
    So I'll assume its last thing Friday :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Thanks to campus life services for increasing the prices for next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Kiyomumizu

ryanf1 wrote: »
    Thanks to campus life services for increasing the prices for next year.

80euro is a reasonable enough increase. :rolleyes:

Its stayed the same over the last 5 years.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Kiyomumizu wrote: »

Would love to see the justification though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

In the current climate I dont think any increase is reasonable, in fact things should be going down in cost

ryanf1 wrote: »
    In the current climate I dont think any increase is reasonable, in fact things should be going down in cost

+1.

Take Dromroe for example. ~450 people living here (80Apts X 6 approx). I don't see how their costs could have gone up by €36,000 in the space of a year. I'd say something if the place had been refurbished like Plassey, but that's not the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Lost a lot of money last night (well, a huge amount to me anyways) :( Took up extra for the week to pay for something but it all fell out of my pocket :(:(
    I think it fell out on the bus and then someone who got on it afterwards took it because the bus driver couldn't find it when I rang, but if anyone has seen some money lying around between the stables and Kilmurry, let me know!!

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭OldGuysRule

Take Dromroe for example. ~450 people living here (80Apts X 6 approx). I don't see how their costs could have gone up by €36,000 in the space of a year. I'd say something if the place had been refurbished like Plassey, but that's not the case.

I thought (in fact I know) Dromroe was refurbished last year. Electricity and gas have both risen in the last year also . . .

+1.

The cost of running any business has gone up. The village was refurbished so that downs't support your baseless argument.

I thought (in fact I know) Dromroe was refurbished last year. Electricity and gas have both risen in the last year also . . .
    The cost of running any business has gone up. The village was refurbished so that downs't support your baseless argument.

Refurbished how? No difference in any of the houses I've been in this year compared to last year, apart from office chairs in bedrooms.

Full repainting, new flooring (except vinyl - repaired where required), new mattresses, new chairs, new blinds, new curtains, new water heating systems (in several) and all window frames repainted. All houses, all apartments, all rooms. All during summer 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Essentially just got a lecture on some PhD student's research. No one cares.
    P.S: if would help if you actually engaged the class rather than just reading off your sheet.

• Advertisement

Refurbished how? No difference in any of the houses I've been in this year compared to last year, apart from office chairs in bedrooms.

Every wall was re-painted, new curtains, couches, all carpets changed, new bedroom chairs and new mattresses in every room. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

Of course not...Just open you're eyes you clown!

Full repainting, new flooring (except vinyl - repaired where required), new mattresses, new chairs, new blinds, new curtains, new water heating systems (in several) and all window frames repainted. All houses, all apartments, all rooms. All during summer 2011.
    Every wall was re-painted, new curtains, couches, all carpets changed, new bedroom chairs and new mattresses in every room. :)

I'll take ye're word for it. Not all the couches needed replacing though, and I doubt they all were, seeing as some were in perfect condition. But meh, it's a non-issue really.
    Of course not...Just open you're eyes you clown!

Yeah... thanks for that contribution to the discussion. Very enlightening.

I'll take ye're word for it. Not all the couches needed replacing though, and I doubt they all were, seeing as some were in perfect condition. But meh, it's a non-issue really.

Couches were not replaced, only recovered, but yes all of them were. Your feigned apathy is however in contrast to the fact that you raised it as an issue, going as far as questioning whether anything was done. In the current discussion regarding cost increases, it is hardly a 'non-issue'.

Hard to disagree with the summation of TheSpecialOne though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Omg... In Javas... There's a girl laughing and it sounds like someone is trying to fist a llama

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Omg... In Javas... There's a girl laughing and it sounds like someone is trying to fist a llama

disgusted-mother-of-god.png?1321272571

SarahBeep! wrote: »

And you know what fisting a llama sounds like because....... ?

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

And you know what fisting a llama sounds like because....... ?

;)

Well I know what a llama in pain sounds like (long story) and I can only imagine it's a louder angrier version of that!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Failed our house inspection 'cause of some minor stuff...Now they decided to give us one on Tuesday, right after Paddy's weekend...The cruelty in that..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nolimits12

Aragneer wrote: »
    Failed our house inspection 'cause of some minor stuff...Now they decided to give us one on Tuesday, right after Paddy's weekend...The cruelty in that..

Its cruel when we passed even though our house was a complete disaster :) -Tea bags on the kitchen floor and got 7.7/10! I love pity for being in fourth year :D

Advertisement