Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

g133103615413113489.jpg

Says it all really. Good to see Open Mic building back up though! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

I found it!!!!!!!! must have fallen out of my jacket pocket when i hung it on my chair. It was Hiding on the ground. Night was solely great now.

*victory dances around bedroom*

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

f0ggy92 wrote: »
    due to my diminishing supply i'd like all the tobacco i gave away returned :P
    I found it!!!!!!!! must have fallen out of my jacket pocket when i hung it on my chair.

Just as well cause you weren't getting it back anyway :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,569 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Tones66 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if all them fines are going to be followed up? what are the chances of not paying the €75 and them actually following you up? GUARDS ARE UNEDUCATED PIGS.

And I'm assuming the fine was completely unfair as all you were doing was walking home, not making any noise or causing any trouble yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,831 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I think the security guard actually waited for the moment I would be carrying several books and a cup of hot tea to start demanding people show ID cards going into the library. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

And I'm assuming the fine was completely unfair as all you were doing was walking home, not making any noise or causing any trouble yeah?

He was helping a granny cross the road at the time :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

while simultaneously rescuing kittens from a burning house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 kirbz

while simultaneously rescuing kittens from a burning house.

While also carrying another old ladies shopping and giving a piggy back to an injured person

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

kirbz wrote: »
    While also carrying another old ladies shopping and giving a piggy back to an injured person

And at the same time donating blood and bone marrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    And at the same time donating blood and bone marrow...

While teaching orphans to read...

• Advertisement

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    While teaching orphans to read...

And eradicating world hunger.

500th post!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

guys guys guys

You mean he was doing all that...at the same time :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

my new hero

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

in college still at 11.00 :mad::mad:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

freyners wrote: »
    guys guys guys

You mean he was doing all that...at the same time :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

my new hero

BOOOO! You broke the chain!!! :pac:

Get out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Lads, free £5 on eBay, use this code: CUKFB1

I got stuff for free, then decided to make another paypal account (with college address and stuff) and use it again :D

Daniel S wrote: »

I got stuff for free, then decided to make another paypal account (with college address and stuff) and use it again :D

Add To Cart...

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Don't bother with them, get the stuff with free postage!

I got this:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150765461973?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

and

Two of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250915731164?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

(had to pay £0.65 postage for them)

Haven't even got a car yet :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Can't sleep :(

On the plus side, my lack of sleep allowed me to find out about Kony and preceded in sharing the video and joining any relevant groups I could find :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Reiss Avfc

sup_dude wrote: »

On the plus side, my lack of sleep allowed me to find out about Kony and preceded in sharing the video and joining any relevant groups I could find :)

Exact same thing ive spent the last few hours doing :)

• Advertisement

Damn lecturer.... wish he'd just have the midterm in the lecture like a normal person instead of ruining my afternoon by having it seperate! :(

On an unrelated note, anyone recommend a good cheap dictaphone? Thinking of starting to record one or two of my lectures.

sup_dude wrote: »

Don't forget the event!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Daniel S wrote: »

How do you use it? (i.e at what stage of the order)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Damn lecturer.... wish he'd just have the midterm in the lecture like a normal person instead of ruining my afternoon by having it seperate! :(

On an unrelated note, anyone recommend a good cheap dictaphone? Thinking of starting to record one or two of my lectures.

I'd be careful of doing that. The lectures are actually copyright of the lecturers, so recording them is a breach of copyright, and this can be an issue with some of them. It happened in a few of my lectures and they weren't happy about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Deano7788 wrote: »
    I'd be careful of doing that. The lectures are actually copyright of the lecturers, so recording them is a breach of copyright, and this can be an issue with some of them. It happened in a few of my lectures and they weren't happy about it.

Normally if you ask them nicely and say you have trouble taking notes and would rather take them down from a recording in your own time instead of trying to do it in class and missing stuff. I often type my notes as the lecturer speaks coz Im a fairly okay typist. Worth typing if they say no to Dictaphone? Always worth asking though.

Damn copyright spoils all my schemes! :(
    SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Normally if you ask them nicely and say you have trouble taking notes and would rather take them down from a recording in your own time instead of trying to do it in class and missing stuff. I often type my notes as the lecturer speaks coz Im a fairly okay typist. Worth typing if they say no to Dictaphone? Always worth asking though.

I'd imagine they'd be fairly sound about it, it's only one or two I wanted anyway, but yeah, typing is definitely an option I might look into as well. Could be like a stenographer(?) down the back, typing their every word. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Unless you distribute the recordings to others I can't see a problem. If it were for my own use I'd record away quietly and say nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

OhMSGlive wrote: »

I've got two of them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

BOOOO! You broke the chain!!! :pac:
    Get out.

guys if i added any more people might start thinking it wasn't true :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,569 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

And eradicating world hunger.

500th post!

While inventing a cure for the common cold! let's keep this ball rolling!!!!!

Advertisement