Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭joey12

I saw no signs in the SU for the blood drive at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

joey12 wrote: »
    I saw no signs in the SU for the blood drive at all!

They don't officially endorse it because of the wording of some of their stuff. Gay rights and what not.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭roro1neil0

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    They don't officially endorse it because of the wording of some of their stuff. Gay rights and what not.
    How long has this policy been in place? Was there a referendum or another form of democratic decision made? Is it just UL SU or do all the SUs in ireland feel this way?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

SarahBeep! wrote: »

Thats stupid really. I didnt know about it either.
    They are losing out on plenty of pints of blood not promoting it all because of gay rights. Gay rights dont save lives.

Maybe the su president will tell us why the su is not endorsing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

roro1neil0 wrote: »
    How long has this policy been in place? Was there a referendum or another form of democratic decision made? Is it just UL SU or do all the SUs in ireland feel this way?

I think it was decided at class reps council but I'm not sure.
    Ask in the SU if you want all the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

In another thread here Kelly said that the SU were not contacted in time to inform student. I don't think the SU has a boycott.

just another example of student ignorance.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

just another example of student ignorance.
    Too ture.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 auldpooky

Jester252 wrote: »
    In another thread here Kelly said that the SU were not contacted in time to inform student. I don't think the SU has a boycott.

Yeah thats what she said on facebook

S036h.jpg

But that was on the 27th and they were collecting blood on the 28th and 29th as well. The SU even sent out an email on the 28th in the evening and mentioned a bunch of stuff about an focal and ULFM but no mention of the blood drive. A bit dissapointing really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

auldpooky wrote: »
    Jester252 wrote: »

Yeah thats what she said on facebook

S036h.jpg

But that was on the 27th and they were collecting blood on the 28th and 29th as well. The SU even sent out an email on the 28th in the evening and mentioned a bunch of stuff about an focal and ULFM but no mention of the blood drive. A bit dissapointing really
    Thanks wasn't too sure where I saw it

Derek and Kelly need to be contacted directly about this and I have made antisoc aware of this.

Derek and Kelly need to be contacted directly about this and I have made antisoc aware of this.

They must be terrified now. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

You don't have to wait until the blood drive is on your doorstep to give blood. It's a non-issue in all fairness. It was advertised, although poorly. I live off campus and saw signs for it every morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,831 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

SULIS down for anyone else?

no try it again

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Gene Parmesan

Down for me too

I'm getting invalid log-in

• Registered Users Posts: 26 BlueFlowers

'There is a serious issue with student access to UL resources including SULIS, Sample Exam Papers and Library databases.

All student accounts are being reset. The process will take several hours.

Please check this student Email Account for updates.'

This has just been sent out to all students about 5 minutes ago :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Dromroe vending machine... Y U NO WORK. :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Dromroe vending machine... Y U NO WORK. :(:(

There is a serious issue with student access to UL resources including blah blah blah & DROMROE VENDING MACHINE! :pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Polar Ice wrote: »
    There is a serious issue with student access to UL resources! :pac:

Wha-? Oh... :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Why must some lecturers only put up half the slides on sulis so that when you go to study them, your notes and the lecture slides no longer add up and confuse you... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I hate my course, I hate my major. No interest, no motivation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

^This.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »

I'm not quite to this level yet, but getting there. Mainly because I hate 2 of my modules which manage to ruin the enjoyment I get from others. *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭PunkFreud

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I'm not quite to this level yet, but getting there. Mainly because I hate 2 of my modules which manage to ruin the enjoyment I get from others. *sigh*
    In 3 years, I've always had at least 1 module per semester that I despised with everything in my body, either because they were ridiculously hard or the lecturer was a douche.

I just went to the lectures just so I would'nt have to study them as much when it came around to the exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Eire-Dearg wrote: »

Are you able bodied & healthy? If so then why not go and find a job somewhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Are you able bodied & healthy? If so then why not go and find a job somewhere?
    You do know what country we're in, yes?

Advertisement