Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drake [Take Care] + Upcoming Gig

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

21's a dive, i never understood why some acts went there, id say drake wont go anywhere after !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Is this the event? https://www.facebook.com/events/327540333941799/

Have to laugh at the last part of the description "YOU NEVER KNOW WHO WILL BE WALKING IN THE BUILDING." I was actually in there during the week, would be well and truly shocked if Drake ended up going there but I guess stranger things have happened.

A couple of years ago a gang of us ended up in 21's, there was a black Rolls Royce Phantom parked outside and I asked the bouncer about it as I was going in, he said Ne-Yo was in there and sure enough there he was. I can't remember much from the night but myself and my mates ended up with a large bottle of Moet champagne at our table, we didn't buy it anyway :pac:

Chris Brown and Rihanna made an appearance in 21's after his gig in The O2 a few years back too. Don't think the place is as popular now as it once was was though.

The Game and his entourage were in the Grafton Lounge a few months ago, in a VIP section but took a lot of pictures and talked with fans for the night.

The Wright Venue has hosted a good few afterpartys too, 50 Cent and Usher and a few others I can't think of right now..

Yeah, thats the event! To be honest the whole description is laughable:
    "Women: Sexy and seductively sophisticated dresses accented with stilettos, red bottoms or sexy heels. The event exclusively caters to the most beautiful, mature & sexiest crowd in the city."

But I was google-ing earlier and it seems like Drake actually shows up to quite a lot of the after parties his DJ is playing at. Some promoters (of an after party that already happened) told someone Drake would be there but they weren't allowed to officially announce it..not sure why..but then a few days later they had pictures of the after party up and Drake was in them!

I would love to go but I don't know if i'll risk wearing high shoes to the concert and then to the after party if theres a chance he won't even show up or the venue will be full by the time we get back into the city centre lol. I hate wearing heels to concerts.

I'm just hoping I get a good spot at the front, being short at concerts isn't fun! I think this is the first concert i'm going to in the o2 where i'm standing and the standing is fully sold out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭IslandKid

does anyone know where the after party is SAID to be?
    also dee, would you not just keep them in your purse or something, so many of the girls i know do that for nights out they just pull out their uggs at the end of the night. also, can i get a link for that facebook event please? the drake one

IslandKid wrote: »
    does anyone know where the after party is SAID to be?
    also dee, would you not just keep them in your purse or something, so many of the girls i know do that for nights out they just pull out their uggs at the end of the night. also, can i get a link for that facebook event please? the drake one

The link is https://www.facebook.com/events/327540333941799/

Sorry I didn't post it in my original post, i use my phone to post on boards usually and didn't have the link!
    Only thing is...you need to get on the guest list, if your names not on you won't get in (I seen that on the page of one of the girls who works there) so I sent two people a message on fb and also an email but none replied yet....it's possible it's full by now coz the concert is just a few days away.. Hopefully not though. Only a couple hundred people can get in!

Some guy wrote on one of the pages that the after party is in Sin nightclub but I doubt it.

As for the heels, I don't really wanna carry them around either. I usually jump/dance a lot so I don't want to end up hitting other people with my heavy bag! It's too bad there's no cloakroom in the o2 (at least I don't think there is) then I could wear flats and bring heels without having to carry them around!

That's the link that also provides the dress code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭IslandKid

sweet! thanks. do you think that if we got there at 6 we would get close to the front of the stage? doors open at 6:30

• Advertisement

Okay so A$ap rocky had his first UK show last night...so hes definitely over this side of the world. Maybe he will be supporting Drake in europe too?

Also the Take Care video comes out friday :)

IslandKid wrote: »
    sweet! thanks. do you think that if we got there at 6 we would get close to the front of the stage? doors open at 6:30

I have no idea to be honest...hopefully someone else can answer because im curious too. Ive only been to one concert in the o2 where standing was fully sold out..so im not too sure.

I dont know if i should go in at 6 and hope most other people will be skipping the support acts/not arriving til later.... or go in when the support acts are almost over and when people are going to the bathroom/bar before drake comes on..try get close enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

Just wondering if the after party is over 18's or over 21's.?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭MikeyCdublin

People are saying on twitter that he's announcing the support act tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭alexsmith

imagine he brought the weeknd as his support act.id ****ing love it

probably 90% of the people in there would'nt have a clue who he is

• Advertisement

id say its tha weeknd or asap , abel has been mentioning heavy rehersing going on on his twitter!!!

the weeknd are savage , house of balloons one of my favorite albums!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Wont be A$AP, he confirmed in an interview at SXSW that he was done touring with Drake.

A V A wrote: »
    id say its tha weeknd or asap , abel has been mentioning heavy rehersing going on on his twitter!!!

the weeknd are savage , house of balloons one of my favorite albums!!!

the weekend IS* savage.its only one dude,Abel.

you should have a listen to his latest mixtape echoes of silence,its really good.it came out a few months ago.same old song,Montreal,initiation are class.

is there a separate thread for the buying/selling of drake tickets or is that not allowed?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

alexsmith wrote: »
    is there a separate thread for the buying/selling of drake tickets or is that not allowed?

Not here I'm afraid. Try on adverts.ie

alexsmith wrote: »
    the weekend IS* savage.its only one dude,Abel.

you should have a listen to his latest mixtape echoes of silence,its really good.it came out a few months ago.same old song,Montreal,initiation are class.

yeah i know that ,simple mistake :) and of course i know that mixtape, it comes a close second after house of balloons ,i wasnt mad on thursday ,wasnt that good!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Do any of you have an idea what time the concert will be finished at? Cheers.

Paully D wrote: »
    Do any of you have an idea what time the concert will be finished at? Cheers.

I'd say about 11.30-12.00

I'd say about 11.30-12.00

I don't think it would be that late? Any gig I've been to in the o2 has been over around 10.30-11

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

11 at the latest I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

No news on supporting act? I'd love to know for sure.

I doubt the support act is anyone "big" or from abroad..maybe they'll prove me wrong but I think if it was, it would have been announced to help shift the rest of the seating tickets (they've been advertising the concert on Facebook in recent weeks..kind of desperate..)

dee. wrote: »
    I don't think it would be that late? Any gig I've been to in the o2 has been over around 10.30-11

Someone didn't go to the Guns N' Roses concert.

Got my name on the guest list for the after party (with a +1) If I don't end up going does anyone here want me to pm/text the details? I probably won't be deciding until during/after the concert so it may be short notice.

labrynth is supportin drake wtf :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Someone didn't go to the Guns N' Roses concert.

Ywah, guns n roses are a joke now :P they only played so late because their front man came on late IIRC? Aside from that concert, most end around 10.30

DAMN where did you hear that. I got all excited at the prospect of seeing ASAP and Kendrick live.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Ah balls to that. Where did you see that A V A??

Source??

• Advertisement

check out the mcd twitter i am fuming!!!!!!! he is an utter *****r

Advertisement