Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drake [Take Care] + Upcoming Gig

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

well aware of the song they have been on with each other pal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

A V A wrote: »
    well aware of the song they have been on with each other pal :D

So why do you think Trey wouldn't suit as a supporting act? Any reason?

i just think trey would do good on his own, i dont think trey songs should be a support act to drake, they are on the same level of talent , ones no better that the other if you get me

i just think trey would do good on his own, i dont think trey songs should be a support act to drake, they are on the same level of talent , ones no better that the other if you get me

It's not about talent, it's about commercial success and Drake is a lot more successful than Trey. Do you think Trey would sell out a show at The O2 on his own?

well over here he might be more commercial but in america they are just the same , trey could do an olympia gig posibly a o2 date , but drake hasnt sold out the o2 yet so cant really say anything

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭IslandKid

gotta disagree with you there my man, drake and trey songz are not on the same level of fame/popularity in the states. although trey songz is indeed big, his last album sold 240k first week (quite a lot in todays standards) while drakes last one sold 600 something k first week and had now sold well over a million copies while trey has sold over 500 k copies. if you look at the statistics drake recently tied with jay z for most songs at number on on the billboard rap and r and b songs, miles ahead of trey songz.
    facebook likes? drake has over 10 million more,
    twitter followers? 1 and a half million more

if thats not enough just think of it like this - drake is appealing to both the woman and male demographic, while trey songz mostly appeals to the female demographic.

well over here he might be more commercial but in america they are just the same , trey could do an olympia gig posibly a o2 date , but drake hasnt sold out the o2 yet so cant really say anything

You really don't know what you're talking about.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

let's keep this civil please.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

The Rubberbandits have just been confirmed as the support act. Great news! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Paully D wrote: »

Are you serious?

• Advertisement

Please tell me you're joking...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭IslandKid

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    let's keep this civil please.

here man, stop taking your job so seriously like. there's back and forth discussion
    going on here, you sound like my mother.

PS there's no way rubberbandits are opening, drake/his management gets to select the acts.. the opening act is kept consistent throughout the european leg, they do not/would not have any appeal elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Can't remember the last time I wanted someone to be trolling

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

IslandKid wrote: »
    here man, stop taking your job so seriously like. there's back and forth discussion

PS there's no way rubberbandits are opening, drake/his management gets to select the acts.. the opening act is kept consistent throughout the european leg, they do not/would not have any appeal elsewhere

This is not my job, but I will continue to take things seriously here. In doing that, I will intervene when I feel is necessary when a thread has moved away from discussion of the topic to bordering on being more personal. This is a means of preventing an escalation. You appear to be new around here so you may not have seen how things can get out of hand without moderation.
    I would also appreciate if you didnt discuss how the moderation is performed on thread, this shall be the end of this on this thread. Please feel free to PM me or any of the other mods on how things can be improved.

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    You really don't know what you're talking about.

well thats your opinion , and i gave mine!!! my mates think the same so

IslandKid wrote: »

well the management dont necessary pick their support , they dont choose most of the time unless they bring them along(which does happen) , it depends on the promoter tho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Has everyone got their ticketmaster.ie printed tickets posted out? I'm still waiting on mine, close enough to the event like.

Has everyone got their ticketmaster.ie printed tickets posted out? I'm still waiting on mine, close enough to the event like.

Yeah received mine just before Christmas and know a good few that got theirs that same week. You should contact Ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Are you serious?
    PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Please tell me you're joking...
    Mr. Rager wrote: »
    Can't remember the last time I wanted someone to be trolling

Only joking lads, thank Christ :pac:

Only joking lads, thank Christ :pac:

Sad thing is that it was actually very believable, only in Ireland..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

I'm not fussed on support but I can't wait to see who it is. I didn't really want ASAP Rocky or Kendrick Lamar at first but now that Kendrick has been signed to Interscope I thought he must be good so looked him up more and he is, I'd love to see him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 SaucyJim

Cmere boys, drakes not worth a fag. he needs a dogs batin

i dont think drakes smoke's tha fags ,just tha kush , so i wouldnt give him a fag, just a 50 bag , it would be worthless , i think he would give you a dogs baitin for makin that mistake :) take care !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

i dont think drakes smoke's tha fags ,just tha kush , so i wouldnt give him a fag, just a 50 bag , it would be worthless , i think he would give you a dogs baitin for makin that mistake :) take care !!!!!

Drake give anybody any sort of batin? no. the lad had to send his bodyguard around to a tattoo artist to scare him because he couldn't have done it himself.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Drake give anybody any sort of batin? no. the lad had to send his bodyguard around to a tattoo artist to scare him because he couldn't have done it himself.

i wouldnt give that "tatoo artist" the steam of my p*ss for doing what he did

sure half of the hip hop lads or rappers, talk alot of sh*T these days , drake doesnt run his mouth about what he'd do tall the fcukin time, but id say he'd give u a slap!!!

sure half of the hip hop lads or rappers, talk alot of sh*T these days , drake doesnt run his mouth about what he'd do tall the fcukin time, but id say he'd give u a slap!!!

I severely doubt he'd even think about touching me, he's a bitch and he threatened that tattoo artist and then did fuúck all about it himself, this is a ridiculous and immature conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

"You think Drake might pull some **** like that you never know!".

yeah he has made remarks like that but not as much as the other ponce's!!!!

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    I severely doubt he'd even think about touching me

toooooo mad!!!! :)

• Advertisement

toooooo mad!!!! :)

With them 2 words alone you summed up why i think the thought of drake hitting anybody is a ridiculous and immature concept.

Advertisement