Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drake [Take Care] + Upcoming Gig

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭IslandKid

hey pretty boy, i noticed you said earlier your friends lined up since 6 30 for those tickets, do you not think that was a bit dumb? i mean there are so many more ticketmaster hubs littered around the place! if they took the luas to DD shopping centre they coulda strolled up at 9:25 (like me) and bought tickets when the doors opened at 9:30 with no queue at all. was it worth them getting up that early anyway (were people waiting for tickets outside stephens green)?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

IslandKid wrote: »
    hey pretty boy, i noticed you said earlier your friends lined up since 6 30 for those tickets, do you not think that was a bit dumb? i mean there are so many more ticketmaster hubs littered around the place! if they took the luas to DD shopping centre they coulda strolled up at 9:25 (like me) and bought tickets when the doors opened at 9:30 with no queue at all. was it worth them getting up that early anyway (were people waiting for tickets outside stephens green)?

but "real fans" que up tho!! someone said that to me , totally piss*d me off

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

If by "earlier" you mean three months ago, then yes, I did say that.

If I remember correctly, they drove into Stephens Green for around 6.45 and parked outside the shopping centre. They were the first ones to arrive and they sat in the car for a while. I'm pretty sure they listened to a Drake playlist while they waited. They started to queue up sometime after 8 and were the first to get their Drake tickets that day. They didn't know whether standing tickets would sell out on the day but didn't want to take the risk so they got up early. 2 of the girls are die hard Drake fans so they probably think it was worth getting up early for and maybe they'll do the same if Drake comes over here again?

Do I think it was dumb? I don't know. I mean, if they got an O2 priority code they could have gotten the tickets two days before they went on sale (like me) and if they wanted more after that they could have strolled into Dundrum at 2PM on the Friday and bought more (like me) and then sold those tickets at a considerable premium, covering the costs of the priority tickets while still having money left over (like me).

Why'd you get up, get the Luas and go to Dundrum for 9.25? Why didn't you just set an alarm, order them through the Ticketmaster website and then go back to bed for a few more hours? Do you not think it was a bit dumb that you got up early just to get Drake tickets when you could have done it my way?

sorry but . . . . .touts are just nakers!!!!!!!!

A V A wrote: »
    sorry but . . . . .touts are just nakers!!!!!!!!

Do yourself a favor and stop posting in this thread, look at the last few pages, you're embarrassing yourself.

• Advertisement

very good pal!!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Leave the moderating to the mods, and get this back on topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Has Kendrick and Rocky been officially confirmed yet?

It says here they are touring all over Europe with Drake, including Dublin.

http://kendricklamar.org/category/concerts/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

Is there anywhere I can find out what time Drake will be on stage at?

I'm not too interested in seeing the support acts so I'd rather head in when they're almost over.

dee. wrote: »
    Is there anywhere I can find out what time Drake will be on stage at?

I'm not too interested in seeing the support acts so I'd rather head in when they're almost over.

Probably 9ish.

• Advertisement

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Probably 9ish.

I see this concert being advertised on Facebook now..must be selling very poorly if they're going down that route to sell tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

I see this concert being advertised on Facebook now..must be selling very poorly if they're going down that route to sell tickets!

Standing tickets long since sold out but seating tickets must be selling slow.

If by "earlier" you mean three months ago, then yes, I did say that.

If I remember correctly, they drove into Stephens Green for around 6.45 and parked outside the shopping centre. They were the first ones to arrive and they sat in the car for a while. I'm pretty sure they listened to a Drake playlist while they waited. They started to queue up sometime after 8 and were the first to get their Drake tickets that day. They didn't know whether standing tickets would sell out on the day but didn't want to take the risk so they got up early. 2 of the girls are die hard Drake fans so they probably think it was worth getting up early for and maybe they'll do the same if Drake comes over here again?

Do I think it was dumb? I don't know. I mean, if they got an O2 priority code they could have gotten the tickets two days before they went on sale (like me) and if they wanted more after that they could have strolled into Dundrum at 2PM on the Friday and bought more (like me) and then sold those tickets at a considerable premium, covering the costs of the priority tickets while still having money left over (like me).

Why'd you get up, get the Luas and go to Dundrum for 9.25? Why didn't you just set an alarm, order them through the Ticketmaster website and then go back to bed for a few more hours? Do you not think it was a bit dumb that you got up early just to get Drake tickets when you could have done it my way?

No need to get touchy..? i was merely asking you. wasn't insulting them just questioning the logic behind it. even if i was insulting them why would you get testy about it? those were rhetorical questions by the way, please dont answer them. long story short, chill.

Anyways, i did try and order them on ticketmaster but they dont specify what method you can obtain the tickets before they went on sale, so as i sat refreshing the page at 5 to 9 i went through the process of booking them only to find out they send the tickets to the adress on your credit card ONLy, which was a huge inconvenience for me, so i walked (didnt take the luas) for 5 mins to dundrum to pick them up. did you actually manage to sell them to cover your original tickets? thats incredible haha i thought judging by the rate they sold out (slowly) that it would have been impossible to sell them on.

fair enough about them not knowing how quickly they would sell out actually, i just didnt see in my mind that many people queing for drake tickets, hes not AS popular as some of the other acts which i would expect people to be doing so for.

PS i wouldnt have gone to bed after that anyways as they went on sale on a friday, i have **** to do on weekdays, i am not on the dole haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvpKHPnVRwI&feature=player_embedded#!

Rumours debunked at 2:48 mark guys. looks like asap will definitely not be joining him and we already are pretty sure that kendrick won't be (due to his show in arizona two days after dublin date).

i pray to god drake brings an interesting act and not some up and coming pop singer. if it's trey songz ill be pissed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvpKHPnVRwI&feature=player_embedded#!

Rumours debunked at 2:48 mark guys. looks like asap will definitely not be joining him and we already are pretty sure that kendrick won't be (due to his show in arizona two days after dublin date).

i pray to god drake brings an interesting act and not some up and coming pop singer. if it's trey songz ill be pissed

I wonder if Drakes setlist for Europe will be the same as the USA one? I'd really love to see him perform Right Above It but he hasn't done that on this tour.

thats a good question, i was wondering that too. he performs "round of applause" in the american leg, but songs like that just arent known over here in fairness. it seems odd for him to keep the same setlist for europe- due to different musical tastes but we'll see. i think he will keep it the same though, it might fuuck with his head if he has to change the order of songs and **** and rehearse for the concerts all over again. by keeping it the same he can just come on stage and it will be like a second nature by now.

id like him to do some old tracks, and on that setlist are alot of songs drake has featured on, not hiss actual old songs , i think he should change it up abit,all artists do it !!

thats a good question, i was wondering that too. he performs "round of applause" in the american leg, but songs like that just arent known over here in fairness. it seems odd for him to keep the same setlist for europe- due to different musical tastes but we'll see. i think he will keep it the same though, it might fuuck with his head if he has to change the order of songs and **** and rehearse for the concerts all over again. by keeping it the same he can just come on stage and it will be like a second nature by now.

Yeah thats true. I just think that the European tour is a lot of dates so it might be worthwhile changing the setlist a little bit..especially because as you said, certain songs (he did a verse on) aren't too popular here. I think Right Above It made the charts here, not too sure. I would love to see him perform that. I would love him to do his verse from "whats my name" instead of Round Of Applause or Stay Schemin'...that song was really popular here so I will hold out a little bit of hope! He rarely does it live though, same goes for Right Above It..that was on his last tour.

At his concert in Illinois in November (a Club Paradise show) he did Right Above It/Every Girl/Bedrock combo, Fancy and Whats My Name..fingers crossed :)

Also hoping he starts performing the whole "Make Me Proud" song, because he cuts it off before Nicki's verse and thats one of my favourite songs on the new record. He always performs the whole of "Take Care" so it bugs me that he cuts off Nickis verse..especially because its less than a minute long.

After lurking on youtube I *think* the setlist for all of the November shows was different to the one hes doing now, and those dates were also the club paradise tour..In February he changed to the newer one (http://teamdrizzy.com/2012/02/16/drake-club-paradise-tour-set-list/) so I really do think he'll change it up a little for Europe.

Even though I am counting down the days to the concert, I kind of wish there was at least one European date before Dublin, so we could find out about the setlist. Still...it will be a nice surprise if we all arrive expecting the current setlist and he changes it up a bit with songs we prefer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

I'm still hoping Kendrick Lamar shows up because I've really got into his music lately. But yeah it's doubtful.
    And I don't really care about ASAP.. But he better bring somebody good. It'd be incredible if he did bring Tyga and that does seem more likely now that ASAP definitely won't be there.

• Advertisement

Also hoping he starts performing the whole "Make Me Proud" song, because he cuts it off before Nicki's verse and thats one of my favourite songs on the new record. He always performs the whole of "Take Care" so it bugs me that he cuts off Nickis verse..especially because its less than a minute long.

Why would he perform Nicki's verse? Probably the worst part of the album to be fair.

Why would he perform Nicki's verse? Probably the worst part of the album to be fair.

Each to their own, I like her verse. And I don't mean him perform it, but do the whole song and play her verse (rather than cut it out) like he does with Rihanna's parts in Take Care.

personally im glad that ddublin is the first date. its exciting to me that we are the first to see what his setlist is like (even if its the exact same), and seeing what the support act will be. if its not announced then we will be some of the very first people to find out.

i agree with the extended nicki verse tho, he should do it so the crowd "helps him rap her verse", kinda like what he did with im going in when wayne was in prison. it would probably be a bit fruity thinking about it now if he rapped along to "my shiits so wet you gotta paddle in". im pretty sure his management would tell him to perform whats my name as that song was MONSTROUS over here and girls will literally cream themselves if it comes on haha. when you think about it its probably the song that introduced people to drake in ireland in the first place

So I typed "drake dublin" into facebook and went onto the events section, theres an event for the Drake concert with over 500 people joined and apparently the support is this guy.. http://www.facebook.com/DJAHMEDFANS?sk=wall
    I never heard of him.

Theres also a page claiming to be hosting the "official" afterparty which Drakes dj is attending...anyone know if Drake ever attends any of these after parties? The dress code is dresses/high heels for women and shirt/tie for men...considering i'd probably have to wear the same outfit to the concert...I don't want to wear high shoes to the concert/all night for nothing lol.

Each to their own, I like her verse. And I don't mean him perform it, but do the whole song and play her verse (rather than cut it out) like he does with Rihanna's parts in Take Care.
    i agree with the extended nicki verse tho, he should do it so the crowd "helps him rap her verse"
    The hook for Make Me Proud is catchy and easy to sing along to. The crowd will sing along to that easily. Nicki's verse isn't catchy at all, it's too fast.

I'm really just saying don't get your hopes up, it won't happen.
    So I typed "drake dublin" into facebook and went onto the events section, theres an event for the Drake concert with over 500 people joined and apparently the support is this guy.. http://www.facebook.com/DJAHMEDFANS?sk=wall
    I never heard of him.
    DJ Ahmed isn't a "real" support act, he's a DJ that comes on before the support act, usually plays a lot of DMX and Fatman Scoop to get the crowd going. He's at most of the Irish hip-hop concerts with Frank Jez.
    Theres also a page claiming to be hosting the "official" afterparty which Drakes dj is attending...anyone know if Drake ever attends any of these after parties? The dress code is dresses/high heels for women and shirt/tie for men...considering i'd probably have to wear the same outfit to the concert...I don't want to wear high shoes to the concert/all night for nothing lol.
    Haha shirt and tie for men? Where is this?

Drake might go to a club afterwards (unlikely) but wherever he ends up I doubt it'll be the same place that's claiming their hosting the "official afterparty" because his tour DJ will be there :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Be weary of after-parties that are promoted, some are just clubs trying to get people in based on there being a big name doing a big gig that night.

Which venue is promoting this? I might be able to find out more for you.

Also, the star of the show never normally turns up to these things. Just normally the DJ, or the DJ's mate :D

Although, a few years ago I just happened to be at an afterparty venue, didnt know it was at the time. And in came DJ A-Trak and started playing songs, got yapping to him and got him to spin some of his own songs from Obscure Disorder. Then the manager of the place who we knew told us to skoot over in the seat because Kanye was coming in to sit beside us. He actually showed up as well but took a more quiet section of the club for security reasons. Got to say a quick hello to him as well.

So sometimes they are legit.

Is this the event? https://www.facebook.com/events/327540333941799/

Have to laugh at the last part of the description "YOU NEVER KNOW WHO WILL BE WALKING IN THE BUILDING." I was actually in there during the week, would be well and truly shocked if Drake ended up going there but I guess stranger things have happened.

A couple of years ago a gang of us ended up in 21's, there was a black Rolls Royce Phantom parked outside and I asked the bouncer about it as I was going in, he said Ne-Yo was in there and sure enough there he was. I can't remember much from the night but myself and my mates ended up with a large bottle of Moet champagne at our table, we didn't buy it anyway :pac:

Chris Brown and Rihanna made an appearance in 21's after his gig in The O2 a few years back too. Don't think the place is as popular now as it once was was though.

The Game and his entourage were in the Grafton Lounge a few months ago, in a VIP section but took a lot of pictures and talked with fans for the night.

The Wright Venue has hosted a good few afterpartys too, 50 Cent and Usher and a few others I can't think of right now..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Although, a few years ago I just happened to be at an afterparty venue, didnt know it was at the time. And in came DJ A-Trak and started playing songs, got yapping to him and got him to spin some of his own songs from Obscure Disorder. Then the manager of the place who we knew told us to skoot over in the seat because Kanye was coming in to sit beside us. He actually showed up as well but took a more quiet section of the club for security reasons. Got to say a quick hello to him as well.
    That sounds fúcking epic.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    That sounds fúcking epic.

just gonna say... i would have probably jizzed my pants if that happened to me

P.s Pretty boy, was the place not packed? if i stumbled upon 21s and ne yo was there id imagine millions of people to be spilling about the place haha, did you not get turned off by all of that?

• Advertisement

P.s Pretty boy, was the place not packed? if i stumbled upon 21s and ne yo was there id imagine millions of people to be spilling about the place haha, did you not get turned off by all of that?
    It was very busy but it was mid-week, a Wednesday or Thursday night I think. If it were on a Friday or Saturday I'm sure it would have been much busier, maybe even a ticket-only event. If it weren't for the new Rolls Royce parked outside I probably wouldn't have known he was there to be honest, would have just assumed the €2 drinks drew the crowds in :pac:

Advertisement