Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drake [Take Care] + Upcoming Gig

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    You did say it..

Anyways we'll find out soon enough, would be good to see him but I won't get my hopes up.

was just goin off what was said to me , i dont see why they just cant announce it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

My girlfriends dad's cousins friend happens to be the janitor at the o2 and he confirmed Drake will 100% be there guys. Just thought I'd let you know.

any chance of getting us into the private bars or backstage :O

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Think I've found myself a ticket for this. Obviously still hoping for Kendrick.

Honestly though, it doesn't matter to me who is opening because I'm only in it for Drake. Support only crossed my mind when I seen it being discussed in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Ye true , Im just gona hang out and see closer to the date and look for a 2nd hand ticket etc if it's sold out.

i just missed out in december and it's hard to get standing tickets man, lowest price i see is 80 snots. hopefully a lot more will appear close to the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

Ye true , Im just gona hang out and see closer to the date and look for a 2nd hand ticket etc if it's sold out.

Too big a chance to take ATM because I'd only be going to see Lamar as much as I like ASAP he still doesn't appeal to me that much so if Lamar is not there, theirs no point in me going.

Anyway I'm broke after getting 2 watch the throne tickets ! Lol
    in all honesty mate, if your only interested in seeing kendrick id give it a miss, ive always found the support act to be forgetful.
    not because of who it is or anything, but being ireland everyone is out in the bar until the main act are on, or the majority of people in any how.
    doesnt make for a good atmosphere/ show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

If you really aren't a fan of Drake then you really shouldn't pay €80+ to see the supporting act who'll perform 3-4 songs at most. I'd like to see Kendrick but I wouldn't pay €20 per song...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

i just missed out in december and it's hard to get standing tickets man, lowest price i see is 80 snots. hopefully a lot more will appear close to the gig.

Use Gumtree.ie mate, €50 standing tickets are popping up every other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Forgot about gum tree!

Ye if I went, I'd more than likely stay to see drake even though he really doesn't interest me in the slightest be a waste otherwise really.

Even the audience I imigane at this concert will be very young mostly little girls if we are going to be honest, I know my little sister wants to go with her freinds and she's 15 so I imigane there will be a lot of that age group At the concert going by the majority of drakes fan base.

Would be a nice concert to bring the missis to I suppose but I'm single so that's out of the question but tbh I'd rather get seating tickets for this type of concert instead of being stuck with a load of teeny boppers standing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Use Gumtree.ie mate, €50 standing tickets are popping up every other day.

ya that's what i'm keeping an eye, tickets going very quick though, especially at 50.

Even the audience I imigane at this concert will be very young mostly little girls if we are going to be honest, I know my little sister wants to go with her freinds and she's 15 so I imigane there will be a lot of that age group At the concert going by the majority of drakes fan base.
    When I saw him in London crowd was probably 50/50, male/female, mostly 18-22 I'd say, some older, some younger.
    Would be a nice concert to bring the missis to I suppose but I'm single so that's out of the question but tbh I'd rather get seating tickets for this type of concert instead of being stuck with a load of teeny boppers standing.
    Being single is an incentive to go in my opinion, there will be some cracking birds there trust me. I know London is a bit different but the women that were at his show were unreal, packed with absolute stunners. Really, it's not a kids concert, there will be plenty of teenagers there but there is at any big rap concert over here. I'd say I know at least 30 girls going to this, youngest of them would be 19. Predictions of what the crowd would be like would never put me off going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

When I saw him in London crowd was probably 50/50, male/female, mostly 18-22 I'd say, some older, some younger.

Being single is an incentive to go in my opinion, there will be some cracking birds there trust me. I know London is a bit different but the women that were at his show were unreal, packed with absolute stunners. Really, it's not a kids concert, there will be plenty of teenagers there but there is at any big rap concert over here. I'd say I know at least 30 girls going to this, youngest of them would be 19. Predictions of what the crowd would be like would never put me off going.

So the tactic is go to the concert, eye up the victim target, wait for "Find Your Love" to come on and then make the move :P

Mr. Rager wrote: »
    So the tactic is go to the concert, eye up the victim target, wait for "Find Your Love" to come on and then make the move :P

also check out adverts closer tot he day, some come up for face value :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Perfect ;)

just back from rammstein , . . . .im guna try swap my tickets for seating, the view is unreall and you can see everything!!! and i think ill enjoy it more

A V A wrote: »
    just back from rammstein , . . . .im guna try swap my tickets for seating, the view is unreall and you can see everything!!! and i think ill enjoy it more

Great. I've got seated tickets in block F. Do you know what block/row you were?

i was row 26 block e, 3 rows from the front, was class, just checked yours , f is still pretty good what seat?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

Can't wait for this gig!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭IslandKid

does anyone know who is opening for him? i know kendrick and ASAP rocky are both opening for him in the states, but does anyone know if they're joining him on european leg? yelawolf opened for wiz khalifa purely in europe so i was wondering if drake is bringing anyone different a long for the european dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Josh ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Threads merged as there is already some discussion about the potential support acts here.

ok just read this entire thread..

****KKK sake at kendrick most likely not being there.. also i'd just like to say people were telling me trey songz might possibly be opening for him but i pray to god that isnt true. much rather see some rapper, also why do people assume tyga will be opening? hes doing a concert on the 23rd in arizona..

IslandKid wrote: »
    ok just read this entire thread..

****KKK sake at kendrick most likely not being there.. also i'd just like to say people were telling me trey songz might possibly be opening for him but i pray to god that isnt true. much rather see some rapper, also why do people assume tyga will be opening? hes doing a concert on the 23rd in arizona..

your going on rumours aswell as us :P tyga kind seemed posible same with lemar n asap , but highly doubt trey would be a suport , oesnt suite it atall!!!

im sick og guessing ,ima just wait till the actuall day n see who's supporting, dont really give arats about the support i just want to see drake!!!

your going on rumours aswell as us :P tyga kind seemed posible same with lemar n asap , but highly doubt trey would be a suport , oesnt suite it atall!!!
    ^ Drunk?

Thought you were going on facts from your best friends aunties cousins boyfriend or something? And why wouldn't Trey suit a Drake concert?

gotta agree with pretty boy on this one, how doesn't it suit? im guessing you havent been listening to drake very long/been a fan for very long/dont watch interviews from him

trey songz was on his first (albeit very minor) hit, replacement girl. hes a longtime friend of drakes, he was also on successful off so far gone, and drake just retweeted one of his tweets recently.

^ Drunk?

Thought you were going on facts from your best friends aunties cousins boyfriend or something? And why wouldn't Trey suit a Drake concert?

:D:D twas indeed , was goint to edit it , but i thought id leave it to remind me how much of a tool i am for posting crap!!!

IslandKid wrote: »
    gotta agree with pretty boy on this one, how doesn't it suit? im guessing you havent been listening to drake very long/been a fan for very long/dont watch interviews from him

trey songz was on his first (albeit very minor) hit, replacement girl. hes a longtime friend of drakes, he was also on successful off so far gone, and drake just retweeted one of his tweets recently.

it would suite trey songs more to be over on his own

and here iv listened to drake before he signed to ymcmb !!!!! think that says it all doesnt it, and i dont know what watching interviews would do for fan that hasnt listened to drake for that long , how would that help any statistics to suggest trey songs would suite as a support!!!!!!

• Advertisement

and here iv listened to drake before he signed to ymcmb !!!!! think that says it all doesnt it, and i dont know what watching interviews would do for fan that hasnt listened to drake for that long , how would that help any statistics to suggest trey songs would suite as a support!!!!!!

What are you talking about..?? You're really not making any sense at all mate :confused:

Drake and Trey are good friends and have been for a long time. They have collaborated several times. They're have similar musical styles. Trey will probably not be supporting him but, if he was, it wouldn't surprise me. To be fair, Trey would suit perfectly as a supporting act.

Advertisement