Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drake [Take Care] + Upcoming Gig

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

it was put up on the mcd twitter , , i am snapin , i hate anything to do with what he does!!!!

i think labyrinth makes drake looks like less serious act that what drake is , drake isnt supper commercial like labyrinth ,

i am snappin , i know where ill be when he's on . . . .!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

A V A wrote: »
    it was put up on the mcd twitter , , i am snapin , i hate anything to do with what he does!!!!

i think labyrinth makes drake looks like less serious act that what drake is , drake isnt supper commercial like labyrinth ,

i am snappin , i know where ill be when he's on . . . .!!!!!!!!

Totally agree with you. I despise Labyrinth, he is absolute dire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

Ah it's definitely confirmed so :( kinda guessed we would get a not-so-great support act over here...it happens quite a lot (sadly)
    I'll be making use of the bar during his set anyways!

Have to laugh at MCD calling him "the amazing Labrinth"

....yeah, no

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

If they are not trying to sell seats I don't see why he couldn't bring a genuinely good underground act.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 cdotb

Ok cool it children, yeah it's disappointing but i doubt it's just as simple as picking whoever he wants. ASAP and Kendrick are obviously doing their own thing and coming to Europe during the summer instead.

Hate Labrinth? Don't watch him then - go out and have a few drinks and come in for the main show.

cdotb wrote: »
    Ok cool it children, yeah it's disappointing but i doubt it's just as simple as picking whoever he wants. ASAP and Kendrick are obviously doing their own thing and coming to Europe during the summer instead.

Hate Labrinth? Don't watch him then - go out and have a few drinks and come in for the main show.

Obviously nobody is being forced to watch him but I still think people (myself included) are allowed to have an opinion and feel upset?
    Most of us knew it probably wouldnt be the same support as the USA tour but they has plenty of time to find a decent support act.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 cdotb

dee. wrote: »
    Obviously nobody is being forced to watch him but I still think people (myself included) are allowed to have an opinion and feel upset?
    Most of us knew it probably wouldnt be the same support as the USA tour but they has plenty of time to find a decent support act.

Fair point, but when you bought tickets you bought tickets to see Drake, there was no talk of a support act for Europe at that stage. Obviously it would have been nice to have a good support act but that didn't turn out to be the case, what's changed though, still get to see the show you bought tickets to.

Plus how do we know they had loads of time to arrange support? It looks like this is a very last minute decision, maybe they had something in place but it fell through? ASAP and Kendrick have both confirmed UK/European shows over last week or so, maybe they were going to come to Europe but there was a disagreement or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

A V A wrote: »
    labrynth is supportin drake wtf :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Did your best friends dads uncles sisters nephew tell you that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Who cares? Was anyone actually expecting the support act to be decent?

ASAP and Kendrick were announced long before the first US tour dates and today J.Cole and Wacka Flocka were announced for the second leg of the US tour. It was never going to be anyone great over here, if it was we would have heard about it weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

It's not gonna stop me having a great night out, that's for sure...I bought tickets for Drake at the end of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭IslandKid

what the ****.. you already know drake didnt choose this goofball to tour with him.

to all the people saying stop complaining - the reason why IM complaining( at any rate) is cause i have standing tickets and i want to be at the front of the stage when i get there. this means i have to go EARLY to the show and most likely stand at the front for most -if not the entire- time. i will have to suffer through his god awful music until drake comes on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Disappointed with Labrynth but by no means a deal breaker.

Will give me more time to get my hair done, nails done, everything did. ;)

well i was just annoyed in the heat of the moment that it was him of all people,i was shocked to be honest, i dont like labyrinth so im not going to watch him , going to go and have the banter with the lads , looking forward to it now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

not trying to be funny but I'd rather see labyrinth than drake tbh.

cdotb wrote: »
    Fair point, but when you bought tickets you bought tickets to see Drake, there was no talk of a support act for Europe at that stage. Obviously it would have been nice to have a good support act but that didn't turn out to be the case, what's changed though, still get to see the show you bought tickets to.

Plus how do we know they had loads of time to arrange support? It looks like this is a very last minute decision, maybe they had something in place but it fell through? ASAP and Kendrick have both confirmed UK/European shows over last week or so, maybe they were going to come to Europe but there was a disagreement or something?

I've said from the beginning that I'll probably wait til the support are over to go to the o2, so the support act hasn't affected me and I'll still enjoy the concert and have a great night. I think everyone will.

Bur I suppose I just held a bit of hope that if we weren't going to get big name support, the slot would go to someone deserving, maybe an upcoming/hardworking local act even. Just seems like no effort/thought was put into picking the support act...but then again it's Ireland, we rarely get decent support acts.

IslandKid wrote: »
    what the ****.. you already know drake didnt choose this goofball to tour with him.

to all the people saying stop complaining - the reason why IM complaining( at any rate) is cause i have standing tickets and i want to be at the front of the stage when i get there. this means i have to go EARLY to the show and most likely stand at the front for most -if not the entire- time. i will have to suffer through his god awful music until drake comes on

Do you reckon the only chance of getting close is to queue early? I was hoping to get close enough but wanted to wait til after the doors have opened to head out there. I just thought (hoped) maybe people would stay at the bar/wandering around while support was on...and anyone watching support would probably take a bathroom break before drake comes on..maybe I'm being too naive :P

Since the luas isn't operating this weekend, does anyone know if any buses stop near the o2 after the gig?

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    not trying to be funny but I'd rather see labyrinth than drake tbh.

thats great, so why are you following this thread then?

dee, why isnt the luas running this weekend?? we're getting a party bus at any rate. walk the tracks? haha

Apparently there was a fire somewhere and it's not safe to operate unless all the power is turned off or something.. the red line luas won't be back until at least Sunday

• Advertisement

and i truly dont know to be honest, it all depends on the fans' loyalty to drake. if people are obsessed with the guy then they will be lining up for hours (see Pretty Boy's friends). the earliest im willing to get there by is at 6 anyway so i dont care what happens after that.. you could always go early and chill by the bar if their arent too many people

if it's any help, i went to wiz khalifa in november in the academy and we got there 2 or 3 mins after the doors opened and we were already at least 3 rows of people from the front railings

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Apparently there was a fire somewhere and it's not safe to operate unless all the power is turned off or something.. the red line luas won't be back until at least Sunday

It's only a few stops not working.

Red-Line-Diagram-Service-Disruption.jpg

and i truly dont know to be honest, it all depends on the fans' loyalty to drake. if people are obsessed with the guy then they will be lining up for hours (see Pretty Boy's friends). the earliest im willing to get there by is at 6 anyway so i dont care what happens after that.. you could always go early and chill by the bar if their arent too many people

if it's any help, i went to wiz khalifa in november in the academy and we got there 2 or 3 mins after the doors opened and we were already at least 3 rows of people from the front railings

Thanks for that. I think I'll just go at 7ish and hope for the best. I'd love to get to the front but even if I don't I'll still enjoy the concert! Thinking about it..I have a feeling there will be a lot of young girls at it who will probably queue up hours beforehand. My cousin is 15 and all her mates are going, they mostly love drake for his looks, and I have a feeling them and other girls like that will want to nab a front spot!

Anyone know a rough price for spirits in the O2? I remember thinking they were very expensive last time but forget exactly how much they were. Sorry for all the questions, it's getting close now!

Can't wait for tomorrow too, looking forward to the Take Care video

its going to be mainly young girls and poxy girloes

Paully D wrote: »
    It's only a few stops not working.

Red-Line-Diagram-Service-Disruption.jpg

Someone on the commuting forum said its only operating from tallaght to hueston. One of the news websites said the same, I think it was the herald.

thats great, so why are you following this thread then?

Because I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Because I can.

:pac:

If ever there was a cop out answer..

In all honesty though Paddy, I'm intrigued to why you're actually following this thread and I was hoping you'd answer that other poster. Don't mean that a bad way or anything, it's just I know you don't like most recent hip-hop :)

Mr. Rager wrote: »
    :pac:

If ever there was a cop out answer..

In all honesty though Paddy, I'm intrigued to why you're actually following this thread and I was hoping you'd answer that other poster. Don't mean that a bad way or anything, it's just I know you don't like most recent hip-hop :)

It's because I haven't been to a hip hop gig in the o2 yet and I'm headin to jay z and kanye in june and i'm looking through this thread to see how things are done for gigs like this in the o2, such as gettin there, how long to cue up before the gig to get a good view and all, i imagine they're gonna be ran fairly similar.
    And my first reply was so short because I'm sick as a dog, tired as **** and have to be up for school in the morning
    Also i just had to comment when i saw how distraught some of the drake fans were when they found out labyrinth was backing him :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Someone on the commuting forum said its only operating from tallaght to hueston. One of the news websites said the same, I think it was the herald.

Yep, you're correct. Apologies, I was confusing myself there :pac:

Advertisement