Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drake [Take Care] + Upcoming Gig

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 cdotb

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    cdotb wrote: »
    You say it like it's a bad thing

That's kind of creepy.

Lighten up Patrick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭IslandKid

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Alcohol is overpriced everywhere, not just The O2.

Not really, I know where you're coming from. I used to smuggle drinks into clubs when I was younger. Never said there was anything wrong with it, just get the impression that a few of the posters here are under 18 or barely there. That's all...

yes alcohol is overpriced everywhere but if it's 5 euro for a regular pint in any given pub, what we're saying is it will be 10 euro for that same pint in the 02..

for the record i am of age to buy alcohol, and even when i wasn't i never snuck drinks in to clubs purely because a) we had pre drinks, therefore the desire for inebriation was already fulfilled and b) if we were able to get into the club there was no need to 'sneak' the drinks in as we already had entered the club, therefore our i.ds were no longer needed? we could purchase as much alcohol as we wanted. as i said before we're trying to get close to the front and as you can imagine we won't be able to walk to the bar and walk back to the front of the stage to our original places that easily once the concert is underway, (on TOP of their extortionate prices) hence the whole topic of trying to bring our own drinks in.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

Does anyone know what bus goes from The quays to The O2 .?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Haha my 2 mates (the girls that queued up at 6AM) just met Drake, their Facebook pages are being bombarded now, their phones must be going off the hook with all the notifications :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭MikeyCdublin

Haha my 2 mates (the girls that queued up at 6AM) just met Drake, their Facebook pages are being bombarded now, their phones must be going off the hook with all the notifications :P
    Where did they meet him

Where did they meet him

Don't know, but there's a garda station in the background of the picture :P

Her status: my life is complete! DRAKE is even more beautiful face to face! so friendly and cute, LOOVE him to bits, im actualy still in shock! best day of my life! he said to me..... "sorry im not dressed right" after we got pics hehe proper babe!!!!! ROLL ON TONIGHT <3

Wearing a black hoody and black tracksuit bottoms by the way...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Really ****ing enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Really enjoyed it myself.

I did think the break between Labrinyth and Drake appearing on stage was a bit too long though, and I felt the part where he was pointing people out in the crowd dragged on a bit too.

Other than that though no complaints at all, very good.

Paully D wrote: »
    I felt the part where he was pointing people out in the crowd dragged on a bit too.

Way too long, worst part of the show by far. I was up for the front and when he started going on about every member of the audience and I left my place and went to the bar, relaxed and watched the rest of the show from there. TBH felt songs like Shot For Me and Marvin's Room weren't great, he has plenty of other songs with more energy that could get a crowd going but chose to go with slow, mellow songs.

Really enjoyed Underground Kings, Crew Love, The Motto and Make Me Proud. Not the first time I've seen him live and won't be the last, have to say I enjoyed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

Just on the bus home, barely got any sleep but completely worth it, what a show!

We went out around 7.30 hoping Labrinth would be on/almost over but they were just playing random songs at that stage. Labrinth's set was not interesting at all and any time I looked over to the crowd most of them were just kind of standing still (don't blame them) that must be awkward for the performer to look out and see!

The gap between Labrinth finishing and Drake coming on was far too long. I ended up drinking more than I wanted to out of boredom! Browsed the merch, it was okay but seriously overpriced as all merchandise usually is!

Drinks weren't as expensive as I thought. €7.50 for a vodka and mixer or €13 for a double. Whatever orange juice they were mixing in the drinks was absolutely disgusting.

When Drake came on we tried to make our way to the middle (we were over on the right)....the dirty looks people were giving us were unreal. We weren't planning on stopping til we found a part with extra floor space, so we wouldn't have been blocking their view, we just needed to get past them. Found the crowd very unfriendly overall, I tried chatting to a few other girls around my age (21) but that didn't really work out.

Was kind of surprised how young the crowd was. I expected a lot of young people but just not the amount that turned out. I'm only 21 but I definitely felt old at times!

I enjoyed Drakes set. Loved Underground Kings, Crew Love (this was my favorite, I wish it had went on for longer!) Over and The Motto. I think the set list was almost the same as the USA one but with the addition of Best I Ever Had. The part where Drake gave shout outs to the audience went on way too long, I was bored of it after a minute. It's really lovely that he took the time to recognise his fans like that, I haven't seen another singer/band dedicate 4/5mins to that before, but I feel like he should have left it until the very end. Overall it was great though, he was great live even though I couldn't actually see him on stage for 70%+ of the concert. My bf who is not a fan of Drake/hadn't heard his music until last night really enjoyed it too!

Will try get a few photos up when I get home, I don't think my videos are too good because I couldn't help dancing (which resulted in shaky cam!)

Just a question though, did he cut a lot of the songs? Like only perform bits of them...I'm not sure if I was just drinking too much but I remember thinking some songs ended way too quick.

Oh and I wonder if he'll follow through with that tour with Nicki/Lil Wayne or was he just trying to give them a mention. That would be amazing but I don't really see it happening.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

i felt like i was in footlocker with the amount of white and black striped shirt or disco pants going around,also felt like i was at spin disco:D

and the amount of walkin attitudes was unreal :D

he dragged out pointing people out for way too long that was a bit to much but he took the time to thank his fans and thats cool !!!he also went from upbeat songs then too real slow songs, in a sudden change,that was a bit much, the group we were in ,air guns were thrown :D everyone else were dancin n sh*T , it was a real good time , apart from the little pr*cks haven a big brawl in the middle of us also who ended up nearly breaking one of the girls nose's !!! all i can say drake was savage:D:D:D

OVO XO

he kept doin little bits of songs for like a minute then cutting it, i know they weren't his songs but i felt like this happened alot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Jesus I definitely felt old at that being 26. Some serious talent though. Latex leggings are still in fashion with young women obviously. A lot of nordies as well.

Most annoying thing was lines of girls holding hands trying to get past me. They only travel in packs it seems. Just stay in ****ing one place when the gig starts! I made a point of standing in their way, the woe-is-me heads on them.

Anyone know if Drake went to Lafayette last night? Few of my mates were in there and text me saying he was going to be there in 15 minutes, my phone died then, judging by the lack of texts/facebook statuses/pics I'm guessing he didn't show up?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

We were fairly close to the front at the beginning of the night, but got constantly sick of people bursting through and kids asking me if I'd buy them drink (this must have happened at least 6 times before Labrinyth had even finished up), so ended up at the back before Drake even came on and enjoyed it down there to be honest. There was an older crowd who were drinking but weren't really messy and were just dancing and having the craic without thinking they were Mike Tyson like most of the people closer to the stage.

Stay Schemin' was good. Although I was the only person in about a 5 meter radius that knew they words to it. ;)

Happy to see Round Of Applause to get a run aswell.

^^^ that was the same ass me ,even me mates were like wtf??

i cudin help it, 'lemme see u . . .bust it . . bust it" and yellin brick squad hahah

we lined up to get into lafayette too but i think only 40 was in there, thats what i was told from some guys out the front anyway. we didnt bother going in they were tryna charge us 15 euro per head, it seemed like too much of a scam to be honest "drake official dj plus a very special guest"
    in other words it coula been anyone. my friends also went in there but again with the lack of statuses i doubt drake was in there

• Advertisement

i ended up not bringing drink in which resulted in me killing half a litre of vodka in the space of 1.5 hours with no food in my belly.. not a smart idea. i feel like i didnt really get my moneys worth haha, i can't remember certain parts and when he was pointing to people i just wanted to K.O out of tiredness. still i remember most of it, was a great show drake has good stage presence. crew love was sick, i feel like he shoulda done more from so far gone. what did he say before he performed stay schemin again? something like, " if you are a die hard fan you'll appreciate this, if not i hope you still appreciate this" or something like that?

IslandKid wrote: »
    i ended up not bringing drink in which resulted in me killing half a litre of vodka in the space of 1.5 hours with no food in my belly.. not a smart idea. i feel like i didnt really get my moneys worth haha, i can't remember certain parts and when he was pointing to people i just wanted to K.O out of tiredness. still i remember most of it, was a great show drake has good stage presence. crew love was sick, i feel like he shoulda done more from so far gone. what did he say before he performed stay schemin again? something like, " if you are a die hard fan you'll appreciate this, if not i hope you still appreciate this" or something like that?

Not an exact quote but pretty much:

"This one is for my real niggas. Now, when I say nigga, you can be white, asian... whatever, but this one goes out to all my real muth****in niggas." Then the beat kicked in.

Never understood why people feel the need to get hammered for a concert for all the reasons Island Kid just mentioned. I had a few cans beforehand but didn't get anything in The O2, maybe it's just me but I enjoy concerts more when I'm not twisted and going in and out of the bathroom throughout the performance. Can remember it all as well...

Was hoping he would do his verse from Aston Martin Music but when Stay Schemin came on I pretty much knew he wasn't going to do another Rick Ross track, enjoyed it nonetheless.

Also really enjoyed I'm On One and HYFR, really looking forward to the video for that one, hopefully it's better than the video for The Motto.

IslandKid wrote: »

Same thing happened me. Didn't eat yesterday (not purposely, I forgot to) and got drunk far too easy. I said afterwards how I wished I hadn't got drunk, because when i'm drunk time goes by so fast, and even though Drakes set was only 1hr 20mins, it felt more like 20 mins to me and I don't remember all of it.
    I probably wouldn't have drank so much if the gap between the support & Drake was shorter, because my bf was just getting me drinks when he was getting his own..and we only stayed at the bar during the support. When Drake came on I didn't drink or go to the bathroom during his set.

I know this guy who is paparazzi and he was looking out for Drake, told me he wasn't at Lafayette. I wasn't there so I can't confirm that for sure, but I don't think he was. There was no posts about it on FB or twitter.

After the gig I made my bf go to Drakes hotel with me (my inner fangirl clearly comes out too much when i'm drunk...) and we sat outside for a while then I fell asleep so we got a taxi home. Didn't see Drake while we waited so either he went in a different entrance or went to party somewhere else.

Oh and I love the pictures he posted of him having pints in Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

dee. wrote: »
    I know this guy who is paparazzi and he was looking out for Drake, told me he wasn't at Lafayette. I wasn't there so I can't confirm that for sure, but I don't think he was. There was no posts about it on FB or twitter.

After the gig I made my bf go to Drakes hotel with me (my inner fangirl clearly comes out too much when i'm drunk...) and we sat outside for a while then I fell asleep so we got a taxi home. Didn't see Drake while we waited so either he went in a different entrance or went to party somewhere else.

Oh and I love the pictures he posted of him having pints in Dublin!

So what hotel was he in?! And where are these pics?! You're leaving major details out!

I see Labrinth is support for all UK dates as well, delighted. If we missed out on ASAP and Kendrick at least the Tans did as well.

So what hotel was he in?! And where are these pics?! You're leaving major details out!

I see Labrinth is support for all UK dates as well, delighted. If we missed out on ASAP and Kendrick at least the Tans did as well.

He was in the Four Seasons, Ballsbridge and the pics are on his instagram! If you don't have an iphone/the app you can view them here:

http://web.stagram.com/n/champagnepapi/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

I loved the night! I thought it was cool that he took so much time to talk to fans, but it did drag on, although when he held up the 'Drake lick me' and said he'd love to that made me laugh. And I didn't really like Labrinth, I think most people weren't too happy about him being there, and the gap was far too long between the two.
    My favorite songs were Round Of Applause, Take Care (mainly because the whole place knew the words and erupted) The Motto, Crew Love and UGK.
    As for drink, I did manage to sneak one can in, but they took one off me that was on the top of mu bag, they literally only looked into the bag and then left it, and he just said, sorry and threw it into a bag. The pints weren't bad, €6 for a Carlsberg is steep but not as bad as I expected.

• Advertisement

Never understood why people feel the need to get hammered for a concert for all the reasons Island Kid just mentioned. I had a few cans beforehand but didn't get anything in The O2, maybe it's just me but I enjoy concerts more when I'm not twisted and going in and out of the bathroom throughout the performance. Can remember it all as well...

Yeah, when I was 17/18/19 I went to a few concerts absolutely ****ed, and they were ****. Nobody likes being that arsehole that everybody in the section hates because he cant stop bumping into and hitting people, and then you wake up the next morning and think, Did I even go to the concert?

Last night I had a naggin and a few cans before hand, a pint in there before it started and I had a great buzz goin. Never over do it for a concert, whats the point in paying for a ticket if you cant remember the thing. The way I like to judge how drunk you should be at a gig is: If you are trying to sing along, and actually know the words but cant remember them, then you are too drunk.

Advertisement