Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ze Bulli

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Sounds like this raidy guy has a revolutionary atty under wraps, no coil, mesh....

Some of the pipes and mods he's designed (thread alec linked) are mad...

Must try a new wick in the next few days using his method, see if i can get the wicking issue sorted....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Gryzor wrote: »
    Sounds like this raidy guy has a revolutionary atty under wraps, no coil, mesh....

Some of the pipes and mods he's designed (thread alec linked) are mad...

Must try a new wick in the next few days using his method, see if i can get the wicking issue sorted....

Flicked through that thread, some mad looking mods alright.
    He seems to have some issue with the lads that made the Line over their new venture, something to do with copyright over the name of it in which they were calling it Silver Dog.

Be interesting to see what that new atty be like without coil and mesh.

Regarding the Line, i see another user has noticed a massive difference between the mesh from the mesh company and that of wires.co.uk in which i posted a link to on a previous page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭alec76

Regarding the Line, i see another user has noticed a massive difference between the mesh from the mesh company and that of wires.co.uk in which i posted a link to on a previous page.
    placed the order for mesh 400 and 0.20 Nicr wire , we'll see :)

alec76 wrote: »
    placed the order for mesh 400 and 0.20 Nicr wire , we'll see :)

Lifetime supply of wire Alec at a great price.

Hope the mesh makes a difference and you get that atty working to it's full potential, am sure ya will.

My RDA is in a sorting office in London.
    Brother can't collect it till Saturday so may wait till next week before trying that.

Tried the 15mm width on the mesh for the wick...just ended up with a bigger channel in the centre. I think getting the spiral through the centre is the key, lots of narrow channels for the wicking to happen...but i couldn't get a spiral into it....

Wonder what the effect of putting some bulli wick through the centre of the mash would be?? Might be too wet, and choke it...

• Advertisement

i think it is easy to test wicking performance....Just dip bottom of wick in to the juice( without atty) , leave it in upright position and see how quick/slow/far juice is rising ....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,065 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Anyone tried cannibalising a new Zippo wick?

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    Anyone tried cannibalising a new Zippo wick?

It's been done alright.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tips-tricks/203514-ego-t-how-make-new-wicks-work-great-cheaply.html

Made a new wick for the line with the mesh you linked derra, still not getting enough wicking that i don't have to tip it every now and again. Not too bothered, flavour and vapour are spot on. Gonna drop the nic on the next fill ( be about 5 mins the way thing goes through the juice :D )

Going back to the bulli, can't get any vapour outa the thing lately. Using 4 coils of .2, 4gf. Coming in at about 1.6ohm....

Made a new wick for the line with the mesh you linked derra, still not getting enough wicking that i don't have to tip it every now and again. Not too bothered, flavour and vapour are spot on. Gonna drop the nic on the next fill ( be about 5 mins the way thing goes through the juice :D )

Going back to the bulli, can't get any vapour outa the thing lately. Using 4 coils of .2, 4gf. Coming in at about 1.6ohm....

Was hoping that mesh would help :(

A lot of users seem to get it working no bother, some are having issues with the quality (leak,connector), seems to be a mixed bag so far.
    Once ya have it working properly it's great but i would of fired it out the window or snapped the posts by fiddling at them too much.

Goes through the juice big time does'nt it.

Reapired the Bulli earlier in less than 5 mins with 7 wraps of the .2 Nich...using a thinner needle and it's rocking at 1.8, that will do me.

• Advertisement

Made a new wick for the line with the mesh you linked derra, still not getting enough wicking
    got this mesh aswell. new wick - much better now ( not sure if the new mesh cause of it :) not entirely happy with the throat hit and flavour ...RTA still my first choice at the moment ....

derra wrote: »

Reapired the Bulli earlier in less than 5 mins with 7 wraps of the .2 Nich...using a thinner needle and it's rocking at 1.8, that will do me.

Must try a couple of extra turns, keep forgetting how I set the thing up with the different resistance wires... might actually write it down next time ;-)

got this mesh aswell. new wick - much better now ( not sure if the new mesh cause of it :) not entirely happy with the throat hit and flavour ...RTA still my first choice at the moment ....

Hit and miss atty i feel, mesh works for you and not Gryzor. Too many things to get right to achieve good results. One minute i am posting it is superb and the next minute it's not.
    I'm glad i got rid of mine tbh, thought i'd never get to the Post Ofice.
    Think i read it was selling for 200 sterling on ECF :eek:

This post summed it up for me ...

''I'm not knocking the craftmanship, engineering or looks of the line, but being able to easily replace a coil and wick and expect fairly consistent results is kinda the whole point of a rebuildable atty IMO.

If just changing the wick and / or coil out means hours or days of fiddling about to get back to nominal operation, then i'd say it's too much of a labour..it might be a labour of love, but faffing work nonetheless.

If i had to criticise a design aspect, it is probably what contributes most to the variability of results and consistency in the line - the terminals.

The fact that moving one or both of them, even a fraction of a mm means the entire operation of the device is changed, is too flakey imo.

I'd imagine even a slight temperature variation may throw off the 'sweet spot vape' that could of taken hours or even a day or more of fiddling to achieve, since as we know, metals tend to expand and contract with heat and cold.

Screw terminals would probably have been a solution to this.

In the end i was worrying even a tiny touch of the top cap on the terminals as i screwed it on was changing the performance enough to throw it off for me...life's too short for that in my book.''

Must try a couple of extra turns, keep forgetting how I set the thing up with the different resistance wires... might actually write it down next time ;-)

6 turns of Nichrome .2 with 1mm nail would get you around 1.8 Ohms which is probably the best configuration.

ps: I read on the german site about the Bulli 2mm wick, it's not great i believe.
    Wire cutting through too easy, falling apart etc.

Stick to the 1mm if buying wick from there, maybe he took the 2mm off the site as he was getting too many complaints.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.e-rauchen-forum.de%2Fforum-129.html

.RTA still my first choice at the moment ....

Did you try mesh in the RTA Alec ?
    Hoping the RDA comes tomorrow to try out.

6 turns of Nichrome .2 with 1mm nail would get you around 1.8 Ohms which is probably the best configuration.

I'm using kanthal, shouldn't make much difference, or does it??

On the Line, the messing with the posts hasn't been an issue for me, the last couple of wicks. I think I was putting too much voltage through it the first couple of times. I haven't had any hotspots since. I make it pretty much the same way Scott shows in his latest review...

£200 though, if someone wants it that bad, might be able to oblige :-)

I'm using kanthal, shouldn't make much difference, or does it??

On the Line, the messing with the posts hasn't been an issue for me, the last couple of wicks. I think I was putting too much voltage through it the first couple of times. I haven't had any hotspots since. I make it pretty much the same way Scott shows in his latest review...

£200 though, if someone wants it that bad, might be able to oblige :-)

35.0 ohms/metre is the Nichrome .20
    43.8 ohm/metre is Kanthal .20.

Easier to work with the Nichrome as it is thinner and so ya can get more wraps around the wick to achieve 1.8 Ohms due to the difference in resistance to Kanthal.

Maybe do 5 wraps of the Kanthal.

Well if your happy with the Line, keep it sure.
    On UKVapers you would definitely get €100 sterling.
    An american user wrote it was sold on ECF for big money.

Good description on Kanthal V Nichrome from UKV
    Kanthal holds it 's shape very well and is relatively very strong even when glowing red to near white hot. It's service temp is a bit higher than nichrome which also makes it a very good choice for vaping. It develops an oxidation layer very quickly as so the "off" taste of a new coil is gone pretty quickly (usually less than 10 good drags is needed to get to the broken in clean taste). This oxidation layer seals it from attack from liquids that it is contact with so it is also a very "clean" wire. Of course, as with all things where multiple materials will work to achieve a desired effect, some will prefer nichrome to kanthal for one reason or another. The tastes are slightly different too. With kanthal, the 'off" taste is more drastic, but disappears completely but with nichrome, the "off" taste is initially less and never goes completely away. Most of us are used to this taste because it is what is in almost all, if not all, commercial atomizers so the clear taste of kanthal after it is broken in may throw off some vapers. Subtle flavors come through better on broken in kanthal and strong flavors become even stronger. In the end I think it's best to experiment with them and decide what you like better. This is very easy with rebuildable atomizers like the iAtty so why not
    Your experiences may be different than my own, but this is what I have noticed so far."

The Nichrome is much cheaper too and as Alec said before, 6 turns covers alot of the wick so it won't go dry quickly. (if using .2 that is)
    Easier to work with as well.

Did you try mesh in the RTA Alec ?
    Hoping the RDA comes tomorrow to try out.
    er ... it is working so great , don't wanna spoil it..:)
    did u get RDA ? i think flavour wise it is better than Line . Vapor is warmer too...
    Probably due to chamber size ....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

ive spent the last 2 hours reading ukvapers getting myself all hyped up to order an RTA
    then I check clockworks profile, see most recent posts. 8 weeks waiting list :/

er ... it is working so great , don't wanna spoil it..:)
    did u get RDA ? i think flavour wise it is better than Line . Vapor is warmer too...
    Probably due to chamber size ....

Just leave it so :)
    Enjoy it without all the hassle of getting a mesh setup as i read it is not easy.
    Hoping tomorrow for the RDA, was posted from London on Saturday so maybe Friday.
    Maybe sometime in the future we can lend each other the atties to try out ?
    ive spent the last 2 hours reading ukvapers getting myself all hyped up to order an RTA
    then I check clockworks profile, see most recent posts. 8 weeks waiting list :/

And two weeks wait for the RDA at the moment which is not bad.
    Seems to take about 10 drops, pools at the bottom of the chamber and the wick feeds it to the coil.
    Someone put fluval at the bottom to soak in the juice allowing 1.5-2 ml of juice.

The RTA seems to be weapon of choice though.

A few opinions on both here...
    http://ukvapers.com/topic/16055-rda-or-rta/

yeah the RTA looks incredible from what ive seen of it. I might bight the bullet on an RDA next week, and if I get on well with building coils and whatnot put my name down for an RTA and go into a coma for 8 weeks.

my one concern with the RDA is vapour production. I can only find one video of it and the guy using it (while he said he loves the flavour and TH) was producing next to no vapour.. like trying to run a 3ohm on an ego battery. It's probably the least important part of the vaping experience overall, but vapour production is damned important to me.

maybe the RDA will teach me better I guess :)

Don't know what wire he used and how many turns?
    Maybe he was using a high percentage PG juice as well.
    Link us to the video.

Hopefully i'll find out tomorrow or next day what it's like.

he was just using it as it came

aye, maybe it was a high pg juice. saw someone on ukvapers comment on the high vapour production
    *shrug*

ill probably get ont next week regardless, even if only as training for the RTA

--edit

oh screw it, I'll just put myself on the list for the RTA next week. the arry tank oughta keep me amused for a couple of weeks and after that it's just a little bit of waiting for the RTA batches to get run through

--edit

oh screw it, I'll just put myself on the list for the RTA next week. the arry tank oughta keep me amused for a couple of weeks and after that it's just a little bit of waiting for the RTA batches to get run through

Two videos about them.
    He uses wick which a few of us did'nt like, will be using Bulli meself for the RDA.
    A post Alec made about the RTA and setup worth looking at.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77110638&postcount=193

everyone seems to go for low resistance on their repairables
    is there any particular reason for this?
    the only one I can think of is that low res atties would work better on lower voltages (thius longer battery life) and because it's repairable, it doesnt matter that it's going to die faster

is that all it is? or is there some sort of technical reason for it too

everyone seems to go for low resistance on their repairables
    is there any particular reason for this?
    the only one I can think of is that low res atties would work better on lower voltages (thius longer battery life) and because it's repairable, it doesnt matter that it's going to die faster

is that all it is? or is there some sort of technical reason for it too

Probably just you can stick it on an ego battery and get a decent vape, for me there's no other reason.
    If i know i'll be using the device at only at home, i generally go for a higher resistance, then i can use a greater range of voltages on the provari....

Got the RDA today.

Repaired it same as Bulli with 6 turns of .2 giving me 1.7 Ohms.

Clockworks said in a post about repairing that two strands is enough for Bulli wick.

I used 4GF just to be akward as i knew what measurement i would get and to see what it would be like at that.

At this configuration, ya know the atty has potential.
    The vapour was ok and taste was ok .

So just done a 2GF with 9 turns giving me 2 Ohms. (Seems excessive but it works)
    The flavour is intense, loads of vapour, nice draw out of it etc.
    Takes a lot of juice for dripping which is a bonus from just a few drops at a time into the Bulli.

Will read up on it a bit more and see what kind of reapirs people are doing and take it from there.

That's the difference between this and the Line for me.
    I won't mind repairing this till i find the right results.
    It's a simple process taking less than 5 mins to repair.

Won't work on Box mod, hoping an adapter will fix that tomorrow.
    So only have it on the eGo battery @ 2 Ohms and i'm even pleased with that, so will expect better throathit etc on a higher voltage.

Definitely gonna enjoy this atty.

• Advertisement

sounds cool, delighted about the vapour production :)

ive decided im gona get both :) rda should come in 2 weeks or so, and by the time the rta comes ill easily have enough saved up to pay for it so all good

im just looking through the thread on ukvapers now figuring out what the options are.. I know i want the tank with the screfill, but I can't remember where I read the damn options for the tube.. I had it open, but must have closed it by accident

im not even sure i really need the rta if the rda is gonna be that good but i suppose it's handier than keeping a bottle on me at all times

Advertisement