Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

WWE have made their greatest matches section of their site free and there's oodles and oodles of stuff to watch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

WWE have made their greatest matches section of their site free and there's oodles and oodles of stuff to watch.

If you live in the US....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

i'm fairly sure No Way Out is still being used in Germany, who apparently are still uncomfortable about the word "Chamber", be it Elimination or otherwise

rovert wrote: »
    If you live in the US....

I thought so, the thingy I use for US Netflix gives me access to that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Came across this on PWInsider
    WWE announced today that starting
    with Wrestlemania, they will be
    distributing PPVs via Apple devices,
    including iPads and iPhones.
    My own POV is that they should do it with Xbox Live and PSN too.

• Advertisement

I completely agree. Their TV shows/web shows should all be distributed on XBL/PSN/(Do nintendo do online?) etc. I'd imagine there's a huge crossover of wrestling fans and gamers. Just get it out everywhere possible, where people watch media. Although WWE have updated themselves to the 2000s with stuff on FB, Twitter and YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

GTR63 wrote: »
    Came across this on PWInsider
    WWE announced today that starting
    with Wrestlemania, they will be
    distributing PPVs via Apple devices,
    including iPads and iPhones.
    My own POV is that they should do it with Xbox Live and PSN too.

We probably wont get those on our itunes over here. Sky basically have the market out right here for anything wwe, same as certain tv shows being available on itunes and not here, afaik.

JP LIZ will be delighted with this.
    WWE is advertising the return of Christian for Friday's Smackdown television show. He will be hosting The Peep Show with special guests John Laurinaitis and Teddy Long.
    Seen this on ProWrestling.net no point of showing the POV he only looked for Correspondents for the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Folks, this is a thread for snippets of news, not for chat. I have split the Brodie Lee discussion to its own thread.

NO CHAT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Jesus that is nasty,poor auld Balls,has the face of a meth head too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

This is enough to make Danny Hodge cry.

The Oklahoma State Athletic Commission sent out letters last week to promoter announcing that they will not be accepting applications for pro wrestling, MMA and boxing events to be held in the State beyond 3/31, effectively banning the events from legally taking place in the State.

The letter noted that the Commission is being "threatened" by an "Out of State threat that could greatly affect the Commission's ability to provide for public safety and for the health and safety of the athletes" competing in the State.

The State currently taxes PPV buys made by Oklahoma residents 4%, no matter where the events are held. The flagship MMA company UFC has made it clear they intend to sue the Commission to stop the tax from continuing. The Commission is claiming that without the tax, they cannot maintain the overhead needed as an authority. The tax currently accounts for 2/3rds of their budget.

Until the threat of the lawsuit is resolved, the Commission has yanked all licenses, including for events already set and scheduled, as of 3/31.

WWE has a live Raw broadcast set for 10/1 in Oklahoma City. Tickets for that event are set to go on sale this summer.

Source: PWInsider

CMLL's Twitter posted this:

345c0p2.jpg

Fergal Devitt is beginning his tour of Mexico as New Japan's IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship. Not bad for a Bray lad.

After watching Psych, Miz is an absolutely horrendous actor.

How long will it take him to be put in one of the god awful WWE films now?

It took you till an appearance on Psych to reach this conclusion?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

It took you till an appearance on Psych to reach this conclusion?

kid.jpg?w=648

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Karn Evil 9

Fergal Devitt has had to pull out of the CMLL tour. Shame, was hoping to see some great matches .

From his twitter:
    @fergaldevitt: Im sorry to everyone in Mexico and CMLL, but Under Doctors orders i wont be able to preform this week due to a thorn calf muscle :-(

CM Punk's twitter and a trip to the warehouse confirms WWE keeps EVERYTHING:

AoRqhV2CIAAhBW_.jpg
    "Every casket ever"

AoRxQgzCEAEkWJC.jpg
    "Every ladder ever"

AoR6AMbCMAAxinw.jpg

AoR713QCMAADHHK.jpg

rovert wrote: »
    CM Punk's twitter and a trip to the warehouse confirms WWE keeps EVERYTHING:

Ah cool I always wondered did they keep all the old WCW stuff. I guess the Thunder sign confirms that they did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

So that's what Vince McMahon's house looks like.

That is some e-bay auction waiting to happen.

I remember WWE Magazine did a monthly section for a while where they went into that warehouse and looked at various things. Remember the Thunder sign being shown as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Classic:
    WWE World Champion Daniel Bryan posted the following on his Facebook page, offering tips to AJ on how she can become a better WWE Diva:

1. Be taller. Not sure how? How about trading in those Chuck Taylors for a nice pair of heels?

2. Adopt a strict vegan lifestyle to stay mentally and physically fit. Maybe if you stop eating eggs, you’ll stop walking on eggshells all the time.

3. Highlight your beauty through silence. Be seen but not heard.

4. Focus on inspiring others as a role model, exhibiting real beauty on the inside and outside … like me.

5. How about trading in those skulls you wear on your clothes for the butterfly of the Divas Title?

6. Remember that “gamer” really means “loser couch potato”.

7. Only champions have enough discipline to not get fat from eating vegan animal crackers. Please stop asking me to share and buy a second box.

8. Just consider that Pokemon is a silly children’s game and will prevent people from taking you seriously.

9. To create a constant glow, fill yourself with the blissful reality that you are dating the World Heavyweight Champion.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/251529-daniel-bryan-blogs-on-how-aj-can-be-a-better-wwe-diva

The word within TNA is that Rob Van
    Dam will be back in their storylines
    shortly. I haven't heard he's in Orlando today yet but it's expected he'll be back on TV shortly. Hopefully, the return will come with
    the company using him in a more
    prominent position as I can't
    remember a time period (and I am
    going back to 1996 here) where he
    had been booked worse and meant less than he had been over the last
    year in TNA. (Sigh)
    Anyone else sick of No Job Bob at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

John Cena has been in a car accident! Source
    John Cena was involved in a car accident today according to CBS affiliates who noted that he would not be appearing on their noon talk show due to the accident. WWE.com reports "The SUV the WWE Superstar was traveling in was reportedly rear ended by a tractor trailer. Police arrived at the scene and no immediate injuries were reported." It is believe the accident took place late afternoon as he did drive time media this morning

Hope he is ok - he has to meet the medical team later - before RAW.

(note to mods: the link is there &' this is not the full article - f*ck you Sean Sherlock!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

John Cena has been in a car accident!
    "I did it, fo' da Rock."

I love it when two of my favourite things randomly come together!

Keith Apicary is played by Nathan Barnatt, video game reviewer addicted to old consoles, particularly SEGA and the Neo Geo.

Aferbuzz is covering Smarkdown now with BRIAN KENDRICK:

Edit: Dont bother it is ****ing ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Is Danielson banging one of the Bella twins?

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m13ji1XFIy1qac9wfo1_500.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement