Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

rovert wrote: »
    Listen to Colt's show. One of the best Colt has done. Nigel keeps mentioning concussions.

Listening to it now, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Threw in $50 also. He's up to almost 20 grand now with 20 days to go, should reach the goal no bother I'd say.

Gonna get stuck into to more of those Colt podcasts, not a fan of him as a wrestler but that was an enjoyable listen. Nice to hear Wrestling Road Diaries 2 is in production also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

Gonna get stuck into to more of those Colt podcasts, not a fan of him as a wrestler but that was an enjoyable listen. Nice to hear Wrestling Road Diaries 2 is in production also.

I listened to one or two of his shows and found him a bit irritating. Might give it another chance though.

I do like the LAW Review a Raw podcasts though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Do people not think $32,000 is a bit much to produce a documentary about an indie wrestler?especially considering he already has the footage shot(on a handheld camera too,not with a professional production crew),he just needs to edit it down and then put it on to DVD's/make it available for digital download etc.

No one forced him to work the ultra physical/stiff style that he did that's left him with various injuries/concussion's etc,I just think that he's playing on people's emotions a bit and hoping they feel sorry enough for him so that they'll give him a bit more money.

Can't blame the lad for trying,and if people are obviously willing to throw him $50 here and $50 there then more power to them,but he won't be getting any of my money.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Do people not think $32,000 is a bit much to produce a documentary about an indie wrestler?especially considering he already has the footage shot(on a handheld camera too,not with a professional production crew),he just needs to edit it down and then put it on to DVD's/make it available for digital download etc.

No one forced him to work the ultra physical/stiff style that he did that's left him with various injuries/concussion's etc,I just think that he's playing on people's emotions a bit and hoping they feel sorry enough for him so that they'll give him a bit more money.

Can't blame the lad for trying,and if people are obviously willing to throw him $50 here and $50 there then more power to them,but he won't be getting any of my money.

$22,449 and counting by the way.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/307482471/the-last-of-mcguinness

I probably paid $50 for the Colt DVD all told so no biggy.

Douchey type question but how much of his ROH career did you see and specficly the period during his title reign?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I can see where you're coming from but these things aren't cheap to produce. The music and video rights alone would eat a fair chunk of it and I imagine he'll have to hire a pro editor to go through some of it. Then there's design/packaging and shipping costs which will add up quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

he could get some piece of **** edited together for far less, but in general 32k is probably pretty low, I bet Memphis Heat cost a fair bit more than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

He probably wants to make a bit of money off it too considering he's limited to non-physical roles in wrestling.

Remember that bizarro Matt Hardy vs Sid indy match I posted a while ago? Well Sid no showed.

Matt Hardy vs. Jay Lethal

Lethal came out to Sid's music, wearing a leather vest and doing his mannerims and his entrance. Hardy cracked up and applauded. They announced him as Psycho Sid. The crowd chanted, "Lethal Justice." That's pretty damn funny. Lethal did a parody of a Sid blooper where he messed up and asked to do another take, only to be told they were on live TV.

Lethal kicked Hardy in the gut and went for the powerbomb but was backdropped over. He went to the floor and walked around the ring. They locked up in the ring and Lethal backed Hardy into the ropes and broke clean, continuing to do the Sid mannerisms.

They locked up again and this time Hardy backed him into the corner. Some fans started chanting. "DUI" at Hardy but they were drowned out by fans chanting for Hardy. Lethal then started doing his Flair mannerisms, which got a huge pop.

They went into Flair sequences with Hardy shoulderblocking Lethal down and Lethal selling it shocked in the corner. They locked up again and Lethal was backdropped over. They went back and forth until Lethal morphed back into himself, nailing the handspring elbow.

Hardy grabbed Lethal in a submission but Lethal ran Hardy into the buckles to break free. He locked on the figure four but Hardy grabbed the ropes. Lethal worked over Hardy and went for the flying elbow but Hardy rolled out of the way. He nailed Lethal with the Twist of Fate and pinned him.

Your winner, Matt Hardy!

Hardy got a big reaction coming out but was mostly booed after winning since it was Lethal's home building. He raised Lethal's hand after and asked for the mic. Hardy told Lethal that Rahway appreciates you and thanks for showing up, taking a shot at Sid.

The match was solid and the silliness was entertaining. Hardy has obviously been working to get back into shape and looked good in the ring. Lethal is just awesome as a worker right now.

PWInsider

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Is Matt Hardy starting to turn the corner now then, as in becoming serious about getting his wrestling career back on track and cutting out the idiotic drink/driving scenarios?

If he has truly turned over a new leaf, I would welcome him back to TNA. Still think he's a decent wrestler and I would like to see him feud with Austin Aries for the X-Division belt.

With Jesse Sorenson, Shannon Moore and Brian Kendrick recently gone from the X-Div, they could do with a couple new faces.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Bischoff just put this on his facebook status ha
    Thuig mé ach beidh mé ag taisteal ar Lá Fhéile Pádraig agus beidh a chailleann an ceiliúradh sa bhaile i mbliana. Buille faoi thuairim beidh mé ach a dhéanamh ar an chuid is fearr is féidir liom agus i Orlando!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Anyone able to translate :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Think it's about Orlando :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Judging by the horrid grammar, I'm assuming he was using Google Translate. It is attempting to say:
    I understood, but I will be travelling on Paddy's day and I'll miss the event this year. I'll do the best I can in Orlando.

It's very easy to spot Google Translate :)

Something about "The Dirtsheets"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

rovert wrote: »
    Something about "The Dirtsheets"

I thought it was about "DA MONEY" oh wait that was Vince, Bischoff's always said "next week" when he was GM of Raw.

That's not even hard Irish lads

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

It's gibberish. As dlofnep has already mentioned, Google Translate does awful things to the language.

It's bad but you can understand it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭deisedude

At least he tried to be fair to him!

• Advertisement

14 years, and all I can do is ask to go to the toilet and tell people to kiss my ass. :P

14 years, and all I can do is ask to go to the toilet and tell people to kiss my ass. :P

I hope you don't tell people to kiss your ass after going to the toilet :pac:

Found this interesting....
    2. Seth Rollins defeated Drew McIntyre. Rollins came out to a decent pop, as the older fans knew who he was. Rollins won in about 16 minutes. They were given plenty of time for this matchup. Rollins was getting lots of pops for his flashy offense. It was almost a squash match for Rollins, at least that's what it looked like until Drew made a comeback towards the end. Rollins hit his impressive finisher on McIntyre for the clean victory and received a huge pop for the win. He was very impressive live and no botches whatsoever. I can see him being a big player real soon.

Thats a long time to give two guys like that. Apparently the main event even only got 12 mins that night...

Also....

WWE.com

...has gotten another revamp.

Found this interesting....

Thats a long time to give two guys like that. Apparently the main event even only got 12 mins that night...

Really hope Rollins and Ambrose/Moxley get promoted from FCW soon. Both quality performers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

deisedude wrote: »
    Really hope Rollins and Ambrose/Moxley get promoted from FCW soon. Both quality performers
    I'd say they will leave Ambrose for another while. He's still a bit rough by WWE standards even though it adds to his character. Rollins wasnt exactly bad when signed and he's spent probably two years in development by now.

Ambrose will be a star if they let him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Also....

WWE.com

...has gotten another revamp.

Wonder if the Chat Room is back.

Charisteas wrote: »
    Wonder if the Chat Room is back.

Still waiting on the knock on door like the Anonymous lads got for my cyber terrorism of that place.

Nigel reached the 32k target last night and is now up to 34k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

WWE.com's website has "No Way Out" listed on their list of PPV's for the year. It's being listed prior to Summerslam (in August) and Money in the Bank.

This would be the first No Way Out PPV since 2009.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement