Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Watch everything up to the commerical break

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Sandbagging his weight - poor show.

Dont read this before your dinner:
    http://www.wlky.com/news/30555922/detail.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭glenjamin

rovert wrote: »
    Dont read this before your dinner:
    http://www.wlky.com/news/30555922/detail.html
    Saw that there yesterday. I know I shouldn't laugh but LOL.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The Undertaker has surgery done on both his hip and shoulder during his time away from the ring. When he showed up last week at RAW, he was estimated at 275 – 280 pounds which is the lightest of his career. Many believed he would retire after WrestleMania 28, but as that hasn’t been hinted at his colleagues expect he will wrestle a few more years since he’s only wrestling one match a year. He’s also got his own gym and ring in his home.

http://www.prowrestlingscoops.com/wwe/wwe-news/major-update-on-the-undertakers-wwe-future/
    Chris Jericho’s band Fozzy announced today that they will be playing the Download Festival in the UK this June. Most bands who play this festival usually do a larger European tour over the summer, although Fozzy has not announced a tour like that yet. Obviously a large tour like that would impact Jericho’s WWE schedule.

Fozzy has stated that they will return to the studio soon to begin recording a new album. It’s isn’t known if Jericho will take time off from WWE to work on all these Fozzy projects or if his deal ends anytime soon. WWE is advertising Jericho for the post-WrestleMania live events.

http://www.prowrestlingscoops.com/wwe/wwe-news/the-latest-on-chris-jerichos-wwe-future-more/

• Advertisement

People do realise Cary doesnt own ROH anymore and it was just recently bought new owners - Sinclair Broadcasting Group right?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

James Roday of Psych fame will be guest star on the March 12th Raw which should be fun (there was actually a Camel Clutch and Tombstone attempt in the most recent episode of Psych).

Macho Man is apparently in the WWE Hall of Fame
    http://www.wwe.com/inside/bring-it-back-superstar-props-photos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Wow, day late, dollar short? Still nice to see him in there.

Oops nvm :)

HHH's new Wrestler contract is amazing:
    WWE has published their 10-K report for 2011 and it includes their wrestling contract with Paul Levesque (a/k/a Triple H). The new agreement went into effect January 1, 2012 and expires on March 30, 2016, when he is 46 years old.

Highlights:

* Levesque will be paid a ‘Minimum Annual Compensation’ of $1 million for each year under contract.

* Levesque will be limited to 180 dates per year, unless both parties mutually agree to extend beyond that number.

* Levesque cannot work or perform in any capacity for any ‘martial arts’ organization while under contract.

source: PWInsider.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Damnit, I really wanted to see him appear in UFC :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

rovert wrote: »
    Macho Man is apparently in the WWE Hall of Fame
    http://www.wwe.com/inside/bring-it-back-superstar-props-photos

Do you mean he's been inducted this year? or that he was put into Hall of Fame by WWE without WWE telling us:D

He should have been inducted years ago tbh. Stupid Vince McMahon, what could he possibly have against Savage besides that stupid rumor that he slept with an underage Shane McMahon.
    just kidding I know it's about Stephanie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Wade Barrett underwent surgery on
    his dislocated elbow earlier this week. Unfortunately for Barrett, the injury is said to be far worse than originally diagnosed. After the surgery, he is now not scheduled to return to the ring for 3-4 months, so Wrestlemania is absolutely out of the question for him. Barrett's injury will have a major ripple effect on the Mania card. Multiple sources have indicated that there were plans to have a Money in the Bank match at the PPV with Barrett getting the briefcase. With Barrett out, the match has been scrapped.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Well damn it, the Mania MITB match was usually pretty good. Also a pretty big shame about Barrett, I'd grown to like him more over the last few months.

Denny M wrote: »
    Well damn it, the Mania MITB match was usually pretty good. Also a pretty big shame about Barrett, I'd grown to like him more over the last few months.

I'm not that high on him his style is a bit boring and nothing he does stands out from the crowd imo (good on the mic alrite) but if he'll be back for the MITB ppv in July he'll be a sure thing to win a briefcase that nite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Denny M wrote: »

except for that headwrecking new theme song

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

I was under the impression that the MITB match was only a former-champion only type of deal, Barrett wouldn't fall under that category. It sucks for him that he got injured right before an apparent briefcase push at Mania, but a year and a bit ago, there were plans for him to face Taker at Mania so who really knows what they had in store for him.

And well to all those guys in the back who were moaning and b!tching that Dwayne was taking up an extra spot at Wrestlemania, will they now be celebrating that Barrett's injury has just re-opened a spot?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

GTR63 wrote: »
    I'm not that high on him his style is a bit boring and nothing he does stands out from the crowd imo (good on the mic alrite) but if he'll be back for the MITB ppv in July he'll be a sure thing to win a briefcase that nite.
    I dont think it's in the schedule for 2012.

A bit stupid to scrap the whole match because Barrett is injured. Have someone else win and have Barrett win the case off him later in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I dont think it's in the schedule for 2012.

Atm, it is

From WrestleZone.com:

WWE sent an updated list of future pay-per-views to their media affiliates. The Money In The Bank event on July 15th, 2012 has been moved to the US Airways Center in Phoenix, Arizona. It’s original location was Las Vegas.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

except for that headwrecking new theme song
    Yeah, End of Days was way better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

If this is true about Barrett being the MITB winner at Mania, I wonder if they'd go with him winning it at the PPV??? Like it would be pretty obvious now...maybe they could have him build up to the title another way?

Is the money in the bank actually on at Mania? i've heard that it will and it won't be so it's confusing. But if Barrett was supposed to win MITB then yeah he proberly will win at the ppv if it's on this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,057 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

WWE.com has added Darren Young, Derrick Bateman and Percy Watson to the SmackDown roster. All three wrestlers have largely appeared on NXT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    WWE.com has added Darren Young, Derrick Bateman and Percy Watson to the SmackDown roster. All three wrestlers have largely appeared on NXT.

now Cena's gonna be on both shows ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Imagine if the colour on your telly was gone! :pac:

Or at least a black version. Don't know why but now i'm thinking of the freaks episode of South Park that was on last nite. Its not Incredibly Obese Black Man its Incredibly Black Obese Man.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

The "Missing Link" returns:D

• Registered Users Posts: 85,057 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Vickie Guerrero has named her stable of Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler - American Perfection

The iPPV return is...

"Chikarasaurus Rex:
    How to Hatch a Dinosaur"
    Saturday, June 2nd
    Philadelphia, PA

Very, very happy about this. Their first iPPV was sincerely life affirming stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

WWE will be holding events at the Ibirapuera Gymnasium in Sao Paulo, Brazil on May 23rd, 2012 and the Maracanazinho Gymnasium in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil on May 24th, 2012.

Quite surprised to read this, I didn't think WWE have a large fanbase in MMA crazy Brazil. Nobody I spoke to over there had even heard of WWE and I don't even think it's on TV over there. Been over there the last 3 years on the trot and met a lot of people and was always trying to find out how much they knew, if anything, about Pro Wrestling.

Remember last year TNA booked South American shows which were cancelled due to low ticket sales, and these WWE dates are only announced 10 weeks in advance in a relatively poor country where people are probably already saving up for the forthcoming UFC show this year.

Who am I to argue Vince McMahon's business strategy though :o

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/66406/wwe-heading-to-brazil-raw-sold-out-tonight-henry-talks-hall-of-fame-induction-latest-on-senator-linda-and-more-wwe-news.html?p=1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement