Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Is Danielson banging one of the Bella twins?

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m13ji1XFIy1qac9wfo1_500.jpg

Storyline I'd say. It'll probably come up before Mania and lead to AJ inevitably costing him the title.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I love it when two of my favourite things randomly come together!

Keith Apicary is played by Nathan Barnatt, video game reviewer addicted to old consoles, particularly SEGA and the Neo Geo.

And since you brought up the subject, Barnatt is also part of one of my favorite music videos of all time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Source: The Wrestling Observer
    WWE officials notified Bright House Network Monday that they have opted to cease their affiliation with the Florida based sports network as they are shutting down Florida
    Championship Wrestling effective
    immediately. Florida Championship Wrestling programming, which was taped last Thursday in Tampa, Florida, will cease to air on the network in three weeks. Everyone involved with Florida Championship Wrestling will relocate to WWE's homebase in Stamford, Connecticut until a further decision regarding the developmental program
    is made. WWE employees were given the impression that a developmental promotion will ultimately open in Connecticut with the possibility of a second at an undetermined location. The promotion was started by former
    wrestler Steve Keirn in 2007 to be WWE's second developmental promotion when they ended their
    relationship with the Georgia-based Deep South Wrestling in early 2007. It became their sole developmental promotion in early 2008 when they ceased affiliation with Ohio Valley Wrestling.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Team Teddy winning so?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

GTR63 wrote: »
    Source: The Wrestling Observer
    WWE officials notified Bright House Network Monday that they have opted to cease their affiliation with the Florida based sports network as they are shutting down Florida
    Championship Wrestling effective
    immediately. Florida Championship Wrestling programming, which was taped last Thursday in Tampa, Florida, will cease to air on the network in three weeks. Everyone involved with Florida Championship Wrestling will relocate to WWE's homebase in Stamford, Connecticut until a further decision regarding the developmental program
    is made. WWE employees were given the impression that a developmental promotion will ultimately open in Connecticut with the possibility of a second at an undetermined location. The promotion was started by former
    wrestler Steve Keirn in 2007 to be WWE's second developmental promotion when they ended their
    relationship with the Georgia-based Deep South Wrestling in early 2007. It became their sole developmental promotion in early 2008 when they ceased affiliation with Ohio Valley Wrestling.

From PWInsider:

Sources within WWE are stating that there are no plans to shut down WWE developmental Florida Championship Wrestling.
    As we wrote earlier, the TV series on Brighthouse Sports Network in Florida is coming to an end, but there have been discussions to move tapings to another location and network.

All FCW training is ongoing as scheduled today. Talents have been told there is nothing to worry about. All currently booked FCW events are still on as scheduled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I reckon it'll end up on the WWE Network if it ever gets going.

I reckon it'll end up on the WWE Network if it ever gets going.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Happy to see FCW retained for developmental. They've invested quite a bit of money in facilities down there so you'd imagine their committed to Florida for the long haul.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,321 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Post-WrestleMania advertisements for the April 12th and 13th shows in Dublin Ireland and also Belfast Northern Ireland are featuring Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus vs Christian for the World Championship. This could be an indication that Christian will be thrown back into the world title scene again.

:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Well I can get on board with that :D

• Advertisement

WWE acknowledged the term dirtsheets today:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

STAMFORD, Conn., Mar 20, 2012 (BUSINESS WIRE) – WWE® WWE and NBCUniversal are joining forces to televise “Once in a Lifetime — Rock vs. Cena,” an epic one-hour special that follows WWE Superstars The Rock® and John Cena® on their respective roads to WrestleMania® XXVIII. This first ever behind-the-scenes special premieres Monday, March 26 on USA Network at 8/7c and will also air on NBCUniversal networks including Syfy, Bravo, E!, Oxygen, G4, Style, NBC Sports Network, mun2, CLOO and Universal HD leading up to WrestleMania on Sunday, April 1 at 7:00 p.m. ET. This lifestyle special is a candid and compelling look at two of the biggest icons in sports entertainment history as they prepare for their Once in a Lifetime main event match. From touring and training on the road to Hollywood movie sets to the 54th Annual Daytona 500, this in-depth look with exclusive footage gives viewers unprecedented access and a glimpse into the personal lives of these men.

Source: http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/the-rock-vs-john-cena-documentary-to-air-on-11-nbc-universal-networks/

That Rock vs Cena special is on Sky Sports 3 next monday nite.

In a period of tremondous economic, political, social and technological change it is heartening to know Low Ki is still Low Ki. Below is a recap of his interview on the F4W site
    Came across like an asshole to me throughout the entire interview with Bryan. Threatening to shoot on people if they were green. Talking about how NOW it's easier to be a pro wrestler as anyone could just take a few classes, pretending like 1998 was a different world in regards to wrestling schools. ****ting on FCW guys apart from Sheamus. Calling Punk & Bryan NON-Champions because they're not headlining Wrestlemania (obviously not understanding that Rock is the draw this year).

We get it, you throw SHOOT kicks in a WORKED environment, GOOD FOR YOU.

2h3vs7d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

I miss Layla,Kaval not so much.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Senshi is one of my favourite wrestlers but unfortunately he doesn't seem to grasp pro wrestling. I can't believe he'd rather toil on the indy circuit, killing his body 'being real' or whatever than spending a while in FCW and getting a break down the line. D-Bryan isn't doing too bad for himself; if Kaval got half the opportunity it'd be great for all of us. :(

I wish TNA stuck Senshi in with Angle, they'd batter/shoot on each other and have amazing matches.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Senshi is one of my favourite wrestlers but unfortunately he doesn't seem to grasp pro wrestling. I can't believe he'd rather toil on the indy circuit, killing his body 'being real' or whatever than spending a while in FCW and getting a break down the line. D-Bryan isn't doing too bad for himself; if Kaval got half the opportunity it'd be great for all of us. :(

I wish TNA stuck Senshi in with Angle, they'd batter/shoot on each other and have amazing matches.

Wasn't his reason for leaving WWE due to the fact that he asked and they told him they had no idea what to do with him? Can hardly blame him for looking to leave if he got told they don't know what to do with him. Add in the fact that he was losing almost every time and it wasn't looking likely they were ever going to do much with him.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Wasn't his reason for leaving WWE due to the fact that he asked and they told him they had no idea what to do with him? Can hardly blame him for looking to leave if he got told they don't know what to do with him. Add in the fact that he was losing almost every time and it wasn't looking likely they were ever going to do much with him.

He came clean on that a while ago. He was actually fired and wanted to be in WWE for the most part. WWE felt he was hurting locker room morale moping around the place being miserable as he was losing all the time and WWE having no proper plan for him. But you know yourself the key with WWE is to hang around until WWE notices, get a push, get a depushed, lose every match, win the World title, get depushed again. :pac:

I can't blame him for leaving wwe the place is a bit odd & not for everybody. You could be given a WWE Title if Vince likes you for even a brief period. Then they have these tests where they try to break you more or less testing your resolve. I have to kinda agree that Punk & Bryan are champs going into Mania but aren't doing the normal role of having the truly big matches on the card but Rock vs Cena was always taking going to take the spotlight whether anybody outside or in wwe like it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,383 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Kaval strikes me as a very proud man. From what i've read and seen of him. He takes wrestling seriously. Maybe he feels that losing means that WWE dosen't appreciate him or something. But still what did Kaval expect when he went there? That he'd be wrestling for the United States/I.C championship as soon as he got into WWE, and would be main eventing within two years? Kaval should have been content enough with what he had. Yet apparently he was moping around because he was losing all the time and that was effect lockerroom morale. I'd consider it paying my dues to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

If he has such a problem with losing, he should compete in a legitimate sport where his wins are important. Plus as he puts so much emphasis into looking 'real', surely a 'real' sport would suit him better?

I don't get it - wrestling is entertainment. You don't hear of Brad Pitt getting pissy because his character didn't fare so well at the end of Se7en. You didn't read about Arnold moaning about the end of Terminator. I do not like this attitude shown by the likes of Low Ki. It's not the result of the match that matters - it's what happens in the match that matters, as that's what people remember.

Hornswoggle posted a photo of "I'm sorry" written on his wrist this afternoon and said he just had a talk with The Rock. This was his way of apologizing after he made the following comments back on March 12th:

"Glad @TheRock needs to sing karaoke to get his $hit in. @JohnCena will always be a true professional, doesn't need scripted lines, bullet points, or #stupidsrxualinuendos like @TheRock"

The Rock wrote the following today, in response to Hornswoggle's apology:

"@wwehornswoggle Thank U but not needed. Its what friends do - talk it out. Plus, if U took a swing at me you'd hit my balls. #NoBallShots"

rockswaggle_crop_340x234.jpg

https://twitter.com/#!/wwehornswoggle/status/181888493251862529

Layla apparently returned to action last night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Taker photo without hat

01561faf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Layla apparently returned to action last night.

Not going to lie, really excited about her return, probably more so than certain FCW IWC icons been called up to WWE.:o

Rabidlamb wrote: »
    Taker photo without hat

01561faf.jpg

Is he going to wrestle bald at Mania :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,103 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is he going to wrestle bald at Mania :confused:

nope, he's growing his hair like crazy over the next 10 days.

Looks a Professional Drag Queen on a day off

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

He looks more like a character you would see on Jeremy Kyle

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    nope, he's growing his hair like crazy over the next 10 days.

regaine-for-men-regular-strength--60ml.jpg

Might work :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement