Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,551 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Some of the toys will be bigger than AJ :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I'd love someone to go up to AJ and act like she was a lost child or something :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Devitt got a nasty cut Wrestling in Mexico:

http://p.twimg.com/ApAwTVuCMAEDayg.jpg

NSFWish

I wonder if they have sudocrem in Mexico.

WWE's spunky new hire:
    WWE News: New talent development hire has a volleyball background
    Mar 27, 2012 - 11:49 AM

WWE has hired Canyon Cemen to serve as the senior director of talent development. He previously worked as a Fixed Income Analyst and Apprentice Trader at Diamondback Capital.

Powell's POV: The 39 year-old Cemen won the silver medal at the 1997 World Championships of volleyball with partner Mike Whitmarsh. He attended Stanford University and has a bachelors degree in economics and a master's degree in sociology. It would appear that he was hired to replace Ty Bailey, who was fired earlier this month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I hate Jason Powell and his points of view.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

He totally doesn't mean to come across as cuntishly smug as he does either.

He totally doesn't mean to come across as cuntishly smug as he does either.

I vaugely remember a picture of him that used to be on the site. Big smug smile while he length back folding his arms, looked like MVP's fatter brother unless i'm mistaken. He sickens me.

Jason is sound legit.

But his site has zero original content. Which is kinda sh*te as it is supposedly a scoopz site.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Powell did a few radio shows with BTR, seems like a nice bloke. Powell's POVs are more like additional facts though. But there's no alliteration in that :pac:

Basically, he googled your man and told us what he found on Wikipedia?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

i'm sure his site has a communal observer subscription :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2012/0327/551111/alex-greenfield/index.shtml

Very good interview with WWE writer above.Lots of stuff on Reys reign, women wrestling,Savage, Trips and Vince.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,551 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://tvpressfeed.com/2012/03/e-announces-four-part-wrestling-with-celebrity-wwe-special/

E! NEWS ENTERS THE WRESTLING RING WITH A FOUR-PART SERIES FEATURING WWE SUPERSTARS BEGINNING TONIGHT, MARCH 27TH
    Series Brings Unprecedented Access Into The World of Professional Wrestling With Extensive Interviews With “The Rock,” John Cena, Chris Jericho, Kelly Kelly and More
    Los Angeles, CA, March 27, 2012 – E! News suits up to bring viewers an exclusive look into the world of professional wrestling with a four-part series featuring one-on-one interviews with WWE superstars who have taken their fame to new heights. “Wrestling with Celebrity” begins Tuesday, March 27th just in time for WWE’s Wrestlemania XXVIIIfeaturing “The Rock” vs. John Cena which takes place on April 1st.
    Tune in all week as E! News tracks the last 30 years of the sport, from when it was a niche subculture to its rise currently as a pop culture phenomenon. Featured in the series are brand new interviews with David Otunga, Mike “The Miz” Mizanin, Eve, John Cena, Chris Jericho, Kelly Kelly, and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson right before his much touted return to the ring at Wrestlemania.
    Additional highlights from this week’s coverage include:
    TUESDAY: Wrestling Takes Over TV – From A-list arm candy to becoming bona fide movie stars, several WWE wrestlers have successfully made the transition into mainstream pop culture. Join E! News as we take a look at how wrestling turned into one of the biggest franchises on TV.
    WEDNESDAY: A Star Is Born – E! News sits down with “The Rock” in a one-on-one interview to discuss his rise to fame and how he transcended wrestling to become one of Hollywood’s top actors.
    THURSDAY: The Rise of the Diva – Wrestling superstars Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson and a slew of hot wrestlers prove that wrestling isn’t just for men. E! News reveals a group of empowering wrestlers that have become role models for young girls.
    FRIDAY: Wrestling in the Mainstream – Stacy Keibler and Chris Jericho took “Dancing with the Stars” by storm while “The Miz” and David Otunga turned their reality show fame into successful wrestling careers. E! News takes fans on a journey from the ring to pop stardom as we talk to wrestling superstars whose crossover appeal has skyrocketed.

E! News, Madonna, Flo-rida, MGK & Maria Mentos. Cringeworthy stuff for me anyhow. I kept hoping they'd get Metallica but even they wouldn't sell themselves out to join this wwe get-together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Just stuck this in here because Austin answers a question about Punk and Himself at WrestleMania 29

Devitt on Twitter
    About to crash land on Último Guerrero at Arena Mexico

ApOBWYlCQAAE4WV.jpg

Cant wait for his Mexico matches to surface.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Above thing about Austin was really good, if not a bit cringey in places. Good to see 1 to 1 interaction from people, really speaks wonders about networking and the way the world is going today...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I think this is news worthy enough but Stone Cold recently made a video roasting Zack Wylde, because apparently he couldn't make it to Wylde's roast or something. Anyway enjoy

Vickie Guerrero seems to be hinting on twitter in a rather obvious way that Michelle McCool is pregnant. Guess we won't be seeing her back any time soon.

Really happy for McCool if true given all the bumps she has taken with such a small frame and the eating disorders she suffered from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

HOF shown anywhere tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

D.Q wrote: »
    HOF shown anywhere tonight?

Think its being shown the hour before raw on monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Dave Finlay is back with WWE as an agent and officially started again with the company this weekend. Finlay will be finishing his independent commitments over the next several weeks.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/67254/update-on-wwe-bringing-two-veterans-back-into-the-fold.html?p=1

Good news even if it is just to improve the workrate of the divas.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Dave Finlay is back with WWE as an agent and officially started again with the company this weekend. Finlay will be finishing his independent commitments over the next several weeks.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/67254/update-on-wwe-bringing-two-veterans-back-into-the-fold.html?p=1

That's great news, he was let go under ridiculous circumstances in the first place.

Rjd2 wrote: »

And we will get a heel fakes an injury only to attack a concerned babyface spot at Mania.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

The April 10th Live edition of Smackdown is being advertised as 'WWE goes Old School!'. Scheduled to appear are: Rowdy Roddy Piper, Pat Patterson, Jimmy Hart, "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan, Tony Atlas, Mean Gene Okerland, Howard Finkel, Hillbilly Jim.
    Source: PWInsider

I hope we get the old fist titantron.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭Riddle101

That's great news, he was let go under ridiculous circumstances in the first place.

I thought he was let go because of the incident concerning The Miz interrupting the National Anthem. The US has always been a very patriotic country, and there were members of the National Guard in attendance who didn't like it. I suppose being fired was a harsh punishment, however I can understand why WWE did it. You just don't do something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I hope we get the old fist titantron.

I hope we get The Iron Sheik on a microphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭baldstuffandy

The April 10th Live edition of Smackdown is being advertised as 'WWE goes Old School!'. Scheduled to appear are: Rowdy Roddy Piper, Pat Patterson, Jimmy Hart, "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan, Tony Atlas, Mean Gene Okerland, Howard Finkel, Hillbilly Jim.
    Oh I remember the days when Hillbilly Jim, Tony Atlas and Roddy Piper and Pat Patterson competed on Smackdown!!!!

Seriously like, what are the WWE thinking...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Miz really is as annoying in real life as I'd always imagined..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement