Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girl accuses lad of raping her, lad ends up murdered.

Options
  • 02-03-2012 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

http://www.kerryman.ie/news/teen-girl-i-lied-that-stephen-lyne-raped-me-3034806.html
    KILLARNEY teen Stephen Lyne was stabbed and killed because of a false claim of rape that had been levelled against him by a teenage girl, Tralee Circuit Criminal Court has heard.

On Tuesday the trial of Estonian national Martin Ollo, who is facing charges linked to the death of Mr Lyne in June 2009, heard from witness Jessica Klok who admitted lying about being raped by Stephen Lyne.

The trial has heard that Shane Regan, who has since died, had stabbed and killed Stephen Lyne in retaliation over the rape allegation made by Jessica Klok.

Miss Klok (18) admitted in court that she had made up the rape allegation against Stephen Lyne and that she had "communicated" that lie to Shane Regan.

Hope to she ends up in jail for this too. It's a disgrace that this happened. She has just as much fault as the fella who stabbed him.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

It's terrible, but is it as bad as posting a link to a news story without quoting the article?

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭milehip1

Creamsoda wrote: »
    http://www.kerryman.ie/news/teen-girl-i-lied-that-stephen-lyne-raped-me-3034806.html

Hope to she ends up in jail for this too. It's a disgrace that this happened. She has just as much fault as the fella who stabbed him.

unlikely seeing as she was 15 at the time,
    seem like a nice bunch of youths all in all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

She deserves life in prison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

There's nothing more disgusting than a false allegation of that nature because unfortunately the 'no smoke without fire' thought is first nature for a lot of people.

She didn't take it upon herself to murder the lad, so I'm not going to completely blame her for that, but there is definitely some blood on her hands and she should pay for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Why the hell isn't she on trial? For manslaughter....at the very least.
    You falsely acuse someone of raping you, in my eyes you're as bad as any rapist!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

That article is a nightmare to read

Looks like the paragraghs were copied and pasted all over the place and some sections get repeated

Took me about three attempts to read it all :o

Post one now has a good summary, better then the Kerryman full article

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

booboo88 wrote: »
    Why the hell isn't she on trial? For manslaughter....at the very least.!

Probably because she didn't commit manslaughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Creamsoda

mikemac1 wrote: »
    That article is a nightmare to read

Looks like the paragraghs were copied and pasted all over the place and some sections get repeated

Took me about three attempts to read it all :o

Yeah it badly written (typical Irish journalism) but you get the jist of it.
    Basically girl accuses boy of rape. Boy then gets stabbed to death for rape he didn't commit. Girl seems to get away with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

conspiracy to commit...what did she expect by accusing someone of raping her?

But she caused it by making false accusations.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

What do you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Zen65

One might think an "incitement to cause hatred" charge would be appropriate here? Or maybe that charge only applies when the incitement is based on race, religion etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

*sits and waits for the posts calling for the girl to be actually raped now, as that would learn her*

*puts kettle on*

It's terrible, but is it as bad as posting a link to a news story without quoting the article?

Well seeing as you have over 18000 post in less than 5 years I'm guessing you have plenty of free time to take an extra few seconds to click on a link without it having any real effect on your life.

Sindri wrote: »
    *sits and waits for the posts calling for the girl to be actually raped now, as that would learn her*

*puts kettle on*

*flicks your kettle off*

"Go find something better to do!"

*Flicks light switch on and off*

"fight! fight! fight!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 GrafenPills

That is bloody terrible :mad:
    She should get prison time. A person died because of her lie.

Lets dig deeper, why would she say he raped her in the first place? he wasnt interested in her? she hated him?

Some evil in this world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Maybe she wishes he raped her cos I read how 8 out o 10 raped have the baby regardless, hmmm.. fùckd if I'm pondering that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭johnners2981

Hope she goes to jail cause not only did her lie end up with someone getting murdered but it might make people question genuine rape victims

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Creamsoda wrote: »
    But she caused it by making false accusations.

Nothing a 3rd party does causes anything, we all bear responsibility for our actions

We all have free thought and responsibility for our actions.

Poor, poor lad who thought he had retribution has since died. How wrong was he?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

I hate that, chumps that act on manipulative bitter bitches' whim and fancy. And I aint talkin bout the dead guy, who denied her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

Women like her make my blood boil :mad: ruthless! poor fella's now dead over her sick lies, hope she's put in jail herself... and is made some obese ladies bitch :mad: girls like that have the power to give the rest of us an awful name:(

• Registered Users Posts: 39,119 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

LH Pathe wrote: »
    Maybe she wishes he raped her cos I read how 8 out o 10 raped have the baby regardless, hmmm.. fùckd if I'm pondering that

Did you really read that or just make it up.

Seriously, 8 out of 10 have the baby. Because when you get raped there's always a baby. :rolleyes:

I read it. Past-tense. And delivered in in typical cryptic semi-half concious read between the lines fashion. And obviously I am referrin to that ones that did conceive, chose to retain sure jaysus did they even put up a fight at all is it not that they just 'like it rough'.

.. anyways what; i don't like this thread. Rape threads are not my scene am a novice. Goodbye...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,361 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

K-9 wrote: »
    Nothing a 3rd party does causes anything, we all bear responsibility for our actions

We all have free thought and responsibility for our actions.

Poor, poor lad who thought he had retribution has since died. How wrong was he?

"Poor poor lad"? Better to save your sympathy for the guy who was stabbed to death after being accused in the wrong.

"Poor poor lad"? Better to save your sympathy for the guy who was stabbed to death after being accused in the wrong.

He was being sympathetic to the guy who died? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,119 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Blatter wrote: »
    He was being sympathetic to the guy who died? :confused:
    He guy who committed the murder has since died. Which was who he was refering to.

Poor lad my arse. He murdered somebody falsely accused.

Mellor wrote: »
    He guy who committed the murder has since died. Which was who he was refering to.

Poor lad my arse. He murdered somebody falsely accused.

Ah right, didn't know the guy who had committed the murder had died since. Assumed he was talking about the guy that was murdered.

Agree, I've no pity for him whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭talkinyite

I'd wish both of them would haunt her for the rest of her days but since someone said she was 15 at the time I don't know... she mightn't have understood the severity of her words. Tragic story.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Tomk1

Just wondering how the 2nd fellow died, did he commit suicide, out of guilt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Blatter wrote: »
    Ah right, didn't know the guy who had committed the murder had died since. Assumed he was talking about the guy that was murdered.

Agree, I've no pity for him whatsoever.

Agreed, I was wrong, no pity for people who seek retribution without knowing all the facts.

I'm on the wrong board, this is AH isn't it? AH is the board for retribution without knowing all the facts?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement