Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girl accuses lad of raping her, lad ends up murdered.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Creamsoda wrote: »
    Well seeing as you have over 18000 post in less than 5 years I'm guessing you have plenty of free time to take an extra few seconds to click on a link without it having any real effect on your life.

Get back in your box, dearie. Nothing worse than someone commenting on somebody else's post count and free time. :rolleyes:
    LH Pathe wrote: »
    Maybe she wishes he raped her cos I read how 8 out o 10 raped have the baby regardless, hmmm.. fùckd if I'm pondering that

Good idea to back out of the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Tomk1 wrote: »
    Just wondering how the 2nd fellow died, did he commit suicide, out of guilt.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/courts/knifemurder-rape-claim-a-disgusting-lie-jury-hears-3034528.html
    He died in Tralee in 2010, aged 18, in an unrelated incident after a fall in a house.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

Tragedy all round really. Definitely should be legal consequences for what that girl did, though I can't think how one would catagorise it.

To falsely accuse a guy of rape is unconscionable and she should be punished for it, especially considering what happened to that poor chap as a result.

Plus in a country where women who are raped are treated badly by the justice system with only a dismal 7pc of rape cases reported to the Gardai ever resulting in convictions, false reporting like this does no favour to genuine victims and undermines society's and the judicial system's understanding and support for them. :(

Mellor wrote: »
    Did you really read that or just make it up.

Seriously, 8 out of 10 have the baby. Because when you get raped there's always a baby. :rolleyes:

Reeks of completely made up BS.

I read it. Past-tense. And delivered in in typical cryptic semi-half concious read between the lines fashion. And obviously I am referrin to that ones that did conceive, chose to retain sure jaysus did they even put up a fight at all is it not that they just 'like it rough'.

:mad: Are you ****ing serious?? victim blaming?? you think that women who are raped don't do everything possible to stop it happening to them, and sure it's not really rape anyway-they just "like it rough"?

FFS, I've heard it all now...:mad: what a vile, pig ignorant, stupid and repulsive thing to say.
    .. anyways what; i don't like this thread. Rape threads are not my scene am a novice. Goodbye...

Then why did you post here? oh yeah, because you wanted to post your uninformed, misogynistic sh1te here.

Think I'd better put this thread on ignore lest my head explodes after that.
    Or I get a ban for saying what I really think of people who have such neanderthal views.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Curva Sud

Bitch should be hung !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Curva Sud

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭gamgsam

Greentopia wrote: »
    Or I get a ban for saying what I really think of people who have such neanderthal views.

Please do not insult the neanderthals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

dlofnep wrote: »
    She deserves life in prison.

Agreed. People like this make it very hard for ACTUAL rape victims to come forward, which is hard enough to do, given their trauma. She should get 10 years minimum. But probably won't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Creamsoda wrote: »
    It's terrible, but is it as bad as posting a link to a news story without quoting the article?

Well seeing as you have over 18000 post in less than 5 years I'm guessing you have plenty of free time to take an extra few seconds to click on a link without it having any real effect on your life.

No whats worse about that are the 6 idiots that thanked him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭lastlaugh

Tomk1 wrote: »
    Just wondering how the 2nd fellow died, did he commit suicide, out of guilt.

Maybe the girl told him he had raped her too and he went mad at himself and started stabbing himself aswell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

Tragic stuff.

People do awful things to each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

She's worse than the guy that did the stabbing IMO. Yeah he's a total scumbag, or was thankfully, but she orchestrated the entire thing that wrecked three peoples lives aswell as her own. Yet she walks away scot free. If the other guy is ebing charged, why isn't she. **** her age, she was old enough to be an evil manipulative little cu*t, she can do the 30 years she deserves. The only problem with charging her is it might end up working against guys falsely accused in future when little ****s like her stick to their stories to the bitter end.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I fùcking hate these scumbag women. I came across a seroius amount of girls who flung around the rape and man-beater claim like confetti only to later admit they were lying to get one up in an argument.

Unfortunately, this was an extreme case of what the result would be. She should have the book thrown at her and repeatedly bounced off her head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

K-9 wrote: »
    Nothing a 3rd party does causes anything, we all bear responsibility for our actions

We all have free thought and responsibility for our actions.

Poor, poor lad who thought he had retribution has since died. How wrong was he?
    Of course third parties effect us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

she should be done on the grounds of conspiracy to commit murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

They should lock her up and throw away the key

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

talkinyite wrote: »
    I'd wish both of them would haunt her for the rest of her days but since someone said she was 15 at the time I don't know... she mightn't have understood the severity of her words. Tragic story.

Thats a pathetic excuse, at 15 although you might be naive, you still have a bit of cop on to realise you don't accuse people of things they didnt do.

I feel bad for the parents of the of Stephen Lynne, theyve lost their son cause of some manipulative b!tch

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Tragedy all round really. Definitely should be legal consequences for what that girl did, though I can't think how one would catagorise it.

To falsely accuse a guy of rape is unconscionable and she should be punished for it, especially considering what happened to that poor chap as a result.

Plus in a country where women who are raped are treated badly by the justice system with only a dismal 7pc of rape cases reported to the Gardai ever resulting in convictions, false reporting like this does no favour to genuine victims and undermines society's and the judicial system's understanding and support for them. :(

I have to agree here. A girl from my home town has made 3 x false allegations of rape in the past 10 years against various guys. She has yet to face any charges of any kind. Its all kind of quietly brushed aside and hushed up and the guys who had the allegations against them, who's lives went to hell (including one being left go from his job as a direct result) don't even get as much as an apology!! :rolleyes:

As it is, actual rape victims are then being treated like dirt by a very broken system and girls like this are doing them no favours.. An absolute disgrace!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

I think this may be a case of someone getting killed because of ignorant stupidity.

You know how when you're angry you say something like "I'm going to kill Brian for being late", you don't actually intend to commit murder :rolleyes:

The lad probably proceeded to third base, she might have made clear she was uncomfortable and he probably left it at that but the experience was regaled with pure ignorance as having been "raped".

• Advertisement

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    I have to agree here. A girl from my home town has made 3 x false allegations of rape in the past 10 years against various guys. She has yet to face any charges of any kind. Its all kind of quietly brushed aside and hushed up and the guys who had the allegations against them, who's lives went to hell (including one being left go from his job as a direct result) don't even get as much as an apology!! :rolleyes:

As it is, actual rape victims are then being treated like dirt by a very broken system and girls like this are doing them no favours.. An absolute disgrace!! :mad:

It would almost make you want to take out a full page advert in the local town news warning people about her as in a "You have been warned". Defamation lawsuit be damned,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

http://46.51.155.42/teens-drunken-party-trick-led-to-death-158501-Jun2011/

AN INQUEST HAS heard how a teenager fell down the stairs and later died after repeatedly performing his ‘party trick’ of downing a naggin of vodka in one go.
    Shane Regan, 18, from Killarney in Co Kerry died last August after he sustained severe head injuries from falling down the stairs in his rented home in Tralee after a drinking session, reports the Irish Independent.
    Regan had been drinking vodka earlier in the day with friends at a house in Caherane and then later in a park in the town.
    His girlfriend Jessica Clough, who was with him at the time, told the Coroner’s Court in Tralee how Regan’s trick was to drink half a bottle of vodka in one go and then drink a mixer. She told the told the inquest:
    He drank the naggin in one sup and then filled it again from the litre bottle and did it again. He did this three times and was twisted drunk at that stage.

RTÉ reports that the court heard that after returning to his accommodation, Regan appeared to sober up but fell down the stairs after backing out of his bedroom. After checking him, his friends thought he was asleep and covered him with a duvet. His parents arrived the next morning and Regan was taken to Kerry General Hospital but he died later that day.
    The coroner told the inquest that severe head injuries and brain damage contributed to the death. The alcohol also caused the onset of hypothermia which was also a contributing factor in Regan’s death. The jury returned a verdict in accordance with the medical evidence.
    At the time of his death, Regan was one of the main suspects in the investigation into the murder of 17-year-old Stefan Lyne who was stabbed to death near his home in Killarney in June 2009, according to the Irish Examiner.
    No-one has yet been charged with Lyne’s death.

Another article connected to this case worth a read. She seems to be stuck right in the middle of everything and even adds a comment after this article. Quite a dangerous person to be around it would seem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Its definetely slander, and damages are usually awarded based on the severity of the injury done to the victim. Seeing as in this case he died I've no idea what a judge would be able to do, especially since the accuser was a minor at the time.

Dirty oul situation all round, how do you punish people falsely accusing another of rape while still making things open and inviting for real rape victims to make a complaint?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Only good that can come of this is the publicity to show others the pain and torture false allegations against others can inflict.
    I'd like to say Death by Chinese Water Torture for the girl,but what end does it serve? Absolute tragedy all round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

What if they just legalised rape but taxed it heavily . Itd make a fortune in taxes and cut out organised crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

It would be interesting to see a statistic on how many alleged "rape victims" were actually raped. There are obviously a good few cases of genuine rape victims but all too often I hear people claiming rape for ridiculous reasons. I think one of the most common being regretting sleeping with the person.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭conorhal

This reminds me of the sad case of Pawel Kalite, that got a screwdriver in the head because a couple of lippy slag incited some fellow scumbags to murder him.
    They were involved in the initial altercation outside the chip shop and one of them later threw a bottle at him. She then summoned his killer with a phone call, in which she claimed that Kalite has stabbed his father.
    Then one of the girls went try to establish an alibi for one of the accused.

Were these vicious, socipathic, lying slags ever prosecuted for their part in the killing? Of course not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭tigger123

foxyboxer wrote: »
    I think this may be a case of someone getting killed because of ignorant stupidity.

You know how when you're angry you say something like "I'm going to kill Brian for being late", you don't actually intend to commit murder :rolleyes:

The lad probably proceeded to third base, she might have made clear she was uncomfortable and he probably left it at that but the experience was regaled with pure ignorance as having been "raped".

I think that's more than a reasonable amount of speculation on what actually happened ... do we have any way of knowing how the interaction between the two of them went?

An awful case for all involved. It's a difficult area though on how/if she should be punished vs. encouraging other actual victims to approach the authorities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

The boy who cried wolf punishment could be dished out to her i suppose.

• Advertisement

tigger123 wrote: »
    I think that's more than a reasonable amount of speculation on what actually happened ... do we have any way of knowing how the interaction between the two of them went?
    An awful case for all involved. It's a difficult area though on how/if she should be punished vs. encouraging other actual victims to approach the authorities.

Only based on her account. He's dead.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement