Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girl accuses lad of raping her, lad ends up murdered.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

cloptrop wrote: »
    The boy who cried wolf punishment could be dished out to her i suppose.
    Congratulations, your pathetic input wins the dubious prize of legitimising this post:
    Sindri wrote: »
    *sits and waits for the posts calling for the girl to be actually raped now, as that would learn her*

*puts kettle on*

Your parents must be proud. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭therealgirl

LH Pathe wrote: »
    Maybe she wishes he raped her cos I read how 8 out o 10 raped have the baby regardless, hmmm.. fùckd if I'm pondering that

So because some women choose not to kill the baby they were obviously wishing for the raping? Wow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Zulu wrote: »
    Congratulations, your pathetic input wins the dubious prize of legitimising this post:

Your parents must be proud. :rolleyes:

Whatever dude.

@therealgirl: I wouldn't bother trying to seek any sort of "wisdom" in that nonsense, tbh.

@therealgirl: I wouldn't bother trying to seek any sort of "wisdom" in that nonsense, tbh.
    If its wisdom you want go to a rape forum or to the doctor of rapeology this is after hours , where a silly post is much better than a post that adds nothing and just insults the silly post.

• Advertisement

Whatever dude.

Yeah...I know this is after hours and all but I am still amazed at what people let come out of their mouths sometimes...no sooner than I had responded to the post I wished I hadn't :)
    Guess s/he was just looking for people like me to say "what!!??" :o

Yeah...I know this is after hours and all but I am still amazed at what people let come out of their mouths sometimes...no sooner than I had responded to the post I wished I hadn't :)
    Guess s/he was just looking for people like me to say "what!!??" :o

Or for you to say haha he was joking.

Or for you to say haha he was joking.

what? This has gone over my head sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

It raises a point that I think people don't consider. Suppose you have two good friends and the girl accuses the fella of raping her, he denies it. Who will you "side" with? Is it easier to believe that you mate is a liar and a rapist or that your other mate is just a liar?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

tigger123 wrote: »
    I think that's more than a reasonable amount of speculation on what actually happened ... do we have any way of knowing how the interaction between the two of them went?

An awful case for all involved. It's a difficult area though on how/if she should be punished vs. encouraging other actual victims to approach the authorities.

Strange phrasing, considering she wasn't a victim of anything. I'd have left out the word "other" completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Creamsoda wrote: »
    Well seeing as you have over 18000 post in less than 5 years I'm guessing you have plenty of free time to take an extra few seconds to click on a link without it having any real effect on your life.
    crazygeryy wrote: »
    No whats worse about that are the 6 idiots that thanked him.

You two chill the jets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭tigger123

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Strange phrasing, considering she wasn't a victim of anything. I'd have left out the word "other" completely.

She alleged she was a victim of rape, versus other actual victims, IE, other people who are actually victims.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Whats the feminist opinion on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

Thats the danger of the all too common automatic believing of someone who claims rape. There always needs to be due process and a fair trial to establish the truth.

Accusing someone of rape is a horrible thing, even if they aren't prosecuted they have that stain for life, you can see it for yourself with people bemoaning the fact that relatively few allegations of rape lead to a successful prosecution, not a thought given to the fact that a decent amount of those people accused were probably innocent, and not "ones who got away with it".

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭SheFiend

Must remember that excuse.. "yeah, i killed someone, but the little girl made me do it".

Of course she's wrong for lying. But that doesn't make the murderer innocent of deliberately killing someone!

SheFiend wrote: »
    Must remember that excuse.. "yeah, i killed someone, but the little girl made me do it".

Of course she's wrong for lying. But that doesn't make the murderer innocent of deliberately killing someone!
    I don't think there's a single person that said that! But thanks for pointing out the blatantly obvious, Captain Obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭SheFiend

Im a Captain :-D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

biko wrote: »
    You two chill the jets.
    Isn't it "cool the jets"?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Isn't it "cool the jets"?

You'd need a ****load of ice to chill a jet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Horrible situation for all involved.
    Three words that a lot of people cannot grasp "Actions have consequences" and this is the perfect example of it.
    I hope this affects the girl badly, disgraceful thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Duggy747 wrote: »
    I fùcking hate these scumbag women. I came across a seroius amount of girls who flung around the rape and man-beater claim like confetti only to later admit they were lying to get one up in an argument.

You should try hanging around with a better class of person.
    she should be done on the grounds of conspiracy to commit murder.

That's a bit ridiculous. If that was the case then you could put that forward as grounds for a lot more cases.

I'm should be amazed by the reaction here but I'm not. Larry Murphy didn't come in for half the name calling and vilification that this girl has had. That old double standard again.... bitch, slag, cnut, whore etc whenever it's a woman in the wrong. It says a lot about what some posters really think of women but they only bring it to the table in cases like these. Unsettling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

John Doe1 wrote: »
    Whats the feminist opinion on this?

I'm not sure what you mean by the feminist opinion? What does feminism have to do with this topic? you wouldn't be assuming that if someone is a feminist that means they would condone or support what this girl did, now would you?

You read my posts here? then you have my opinion based on the facts of the case.
    And as someone who happens to be a feminist.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

That girl is a disgusting person.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I'm should be amazed by the reaction here but I'm not. Larry Murphy didn't come in for half the name calling and vilification that this girl has had. That old double standard again.... bitch, slag, cnut, whore etc whenever it's a woman in the wrong. It says a lot about what some posters really think of women but they only bring it to the table in cases like these. Unsettling.

While the name calling is rather immature it is hardly unwarranted.

The true double standard will be the leniency of the outcome because the offender is female.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Blatter wrote: »
    There's nothing more disgusting than a false allegation of that nature because unfortunately the 'no smoke without fire' thought is first nature for a lot of people.

Yes, you're absolutely right in that. One has to wonder how many innocent people have been convicted of sexual crimes on the word of a nasty little liar with a vicious agenda.:rolleyes: And, to use another cliché, how many genuine victims are not listened to because despicable little bitches of her kind have "cried wolf" in the past?:):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

tigger123 wrote: »
    She alleged she was a victim of rape, versus other actual victims, IE, other people who are actually victims.

Your new (bolded by me) phrasing makes sense and is accurate, the first was not.

If the poor guy wasn't murdered there is a high likelihood that she may not have withdrawn her original statement and he would have been branded a rapist for the rest of his life which would future career relationship prospects and could very well lead to suicide. Even if she withdrew her statement and he wasn't murdered he would still be tarnished with it on some level.

While rape is a very serious and horrifying reality there is also the flip side where there are a lot of women who have/would falsely accuse for whatever reason and that is an equally frightening reality for any man.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

py2006 wrote: »
    While the name calling is rather immature it is hardly unwarranted.

The true double standard will be the leniency of the outcome because the offender is female.

I rest my case.

• Advertisement

I rest my case.

I don't understand? Are you comparing my post to that of those who used certain words to describe that woman in question?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement