Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girl accuses lad of raping her, lad ends up murdered.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Duggy747 wrote: »
    I fùcking hate these scumbag women. I came across a seroius amount of girls who flung around the rape and man-beater claim like confetti only to later admit they were lying to get one up in an argument.

Unfortunately, this was an extreme case of what the result would be. She should have the book thrown at her and repeatedly bounced off her head.

It's not just women who do that...Louis Walsh fiasco last year springs to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

That girl is a disgusting person.

Eric cartman calling someone disgusting. Hypocrisy thy name is you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

I'm should be amazed by the reaction here but I'm not. Larry Murphy didn't come in for half the name calling and vilification that this girl has had. That old double standard again.... bitch, slag, cnut, whore etc whenever it's a woman in the wrong. It says a lot about what some posters really think of women but they only bring it to the table in cases like these. Unsettling.

Indeed. I think what that girl did was very wrong and she should be prosecuted for criminal negligence perhaps (though I'm not sure that fits the what she did), but the reaction of some people here is appalling, and yes, double standards abound.

I wonder if the guys here who are using such pejorative and abusive language, and calling for the kind of punishment more fit for a serial killer would be equally as enraged and vituperative by a man's actions if the story was about a guy who falsely accused a woman of something similarily heinous that destroyed her life? would he be called all the names under the sun too?

Yeah somehow I don't think so...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Haelium

I'm should be amazed by the reaction here but I'm not. Larry Murphy didn't come in for half the name calling and vilification that this girl has had. That old double standard again.... bitch, slag, cnut, whore etc whenever it's a woman in the wrong. It says a lot about what some posters really think of women but they only bring it to the table in cases like these. Unsettling.

Yeah, everybody has always been civil about Larry Murphy on After Hours, and any thread relating to him has been civil and reasonable.

In all seriousness, people are angry because this bitch got away with it, while even if the guy wasn't murdered, his reputation would be ruined.

I would use this case as yet another example of why people should think twice before calling for lynchings on threads about court cases that are on going.

Greentopia wrote: »
    Indeed. I think what that girl did was very wrong and she should be prosecuted for criminal negligence perhaps (though I'm not sure that fits the what she did), but the reaction of some people here is appalling, and yes, double standards abound.

I wonder if the guys here who are using such pejorative and abusive language, and calling for the kind of punishment more fit for a serial killer would be equally as enraged and vituperative by a man's actions if the story was about a guy who falsely accused a woman of something similarily heinous that destroyed her life? would he be called all the names under the sun too?

Have you been on a thread related to a serial killer? Half the posts are usually something along the lines of "Kill him, he's a monster".

If your objection is to the use of words like "bitch", then I would point that few women are called "prick" or "dickhead".

• Advertisement

py2006 wrote: »
    While rape is a very serious and horrifying reality there is also the flip side where there are a lot of women who have/would falsely accuse for whatever reason and that is an equally frightening reality for any man.

I would imagine it's a terrifying prospect. I think some girls do it (especially immature teenagers) not fully understanding the possible long term consequences for the guy of what they're doing. Not that that excuses their actions by any means, just a point to add.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

That old double standard again.... bitch, slag, cnut, whore etc whenever it's a woman in the wrong.

No, it says a lot about people who stands up for and defends scum like someone who falsely accuses someone of rape.

The word "bitch" is a fair comment on what she did.
    It says a lot about what some posters really think of women but they only bring it to the table in cases like these. Unsettling.

Ridiculous. That's your preconceived bias talking. Did you ever stop to consider the fact that it "only comes to the table in cases like these" because they are - you know - talking about the specific type of women in cases like these ?

Decent woman : no namecalling
    False accuser : namecalling

Logical conclusion : people don't like false accusers
    up for anything's conclusion : people don't like women and only let it show when they have an excuse related to false accusers

Maybe you'd like to suggest that I'm subconsciously globally anti-man or anti-priest when I comment on the subset of those groups that rape kids or women ?

Ridiculous! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Larry Murphy didn't come in for half the name calling and vilification that this girl has had.
    Liar! I call shenanigans - Larry Murphy easily came in for half the name calling and vilification.

You poster, are a cad & a bounder! A peddler of untruths; a misrepresentor! A charlatan indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Oh please, that is just ridiculous.

Anyone who falsely accuses somebody of a serious crime for whatever reason is <<<insert nasty name>>>

Haelium wrote: »
    Have you been on a thread related to a serial killer? Half the posts are usually something along the lines of "Kill him, he's a monster".

I don't see the point you're making. I was referring anyway specifically to the posters on this thread who are so strong in their use of language against this girl. Unless they're the same ones who posted in that one then whatever point you're making is moot.
    If your objection is to the use of words like "bitch", then I would point that few women are called "prick" or "dickhead".

Don't be facetious. Like I said, it's the vituperative and OTT name calling and double standards I see on AH that's my objection.

• Advertisement

I would imagine it's a terrifying prospect. I think some girls do it (especially immature teenagers) not fully understanding the possible long term consequences for the guy of what they're doing. Not that that excuses their actions by any means, just a point to add.

That might be a fair comment on something completely different that wasn't despicable and illegal to begin with, but no decent person accuses someone else of stuff like this.

Long-term, short-term or even zero consequences are irrelevant.

It takes a particular low-life to accuse someone of any assault, let alone the worst one.

And as others have pointed out, they are merely making life more awkward for anyone genuinely assaulted, so maybe the raving and biased feminists posting here should point THAT out to their sisters and solve that particular made-by-females issue ?

I don't see the point you're making. I was referring anyway specifically to the posters on this thread who are so strong in their use of language against this girl. Unless they're the same ones who posted in that one then whatever point you're making is moot.

I'd be one of those using appropriate language about both. Low-life scum. Prick. Bitch. And if anyone wants to object then bear in mind that those adjectives apply because of the individuals' own actions and choices. Don't blame me that they fit - blame the individual.
    Don't be facetious. Like I said, it's the vituperative and OTT name calling and double standards I see on AH that's my objection.

No double-standards. Just telling it like it is. If you want to defend a twisted low-life who would ruin a guy's life (and contribute to it being taken) from being called what she chose to be then go right ahead. As I said, we are judged by our actions.

py2006 wrote: »
    Oh please, that is just ridiculous.

Anyone who falsely accuses somebody of a serious crime for whatever reason is <<<insert nasty name>>>

That's what you believe and I would hope most other people would, but that doesn't mean everyone here feels likewise and shows equal opprobrium to men who commit such serious crimes. The evidence tells me that's not the case.

There is indeed a lot of double standards on boards in general...it works both ways by the way!

If you don't mind me asking, what name would you give to a person who falsely accuses somebody like this?

That's what you believe and I would hope most other people would, but that doesn't mean everyone here feels likewise and shows equal opprobrium to men who commit such serious crimes[b/]. The evidence tells me that's not the case.

The funny thing about "evidence" is that whatever is being investigated has to be comparable.

If you can direct us to a thread where a scumbag guy falsely accused another guy of rape, and where the exact posters you are arguing with didn't post calling him a low-life <whatever>, then you might have some "evidence".

Otherwise you are just projecting your prejudices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

A woman falsely accuses a man of rape.

What would the scenario be the other way around?

A man falsely accuses a woman of...????

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    That might be a fair comment on something completely different that wasn't despicable and illegal to begin with, but no decent person accuses someone else of stuff like this.

Long-term, short-term or even zero consequences are irrelevant.

It takes a particular low-life to accuse someone of any assault, let alone the worst one.

And as others have pointed out, they are merely making life more awkward for anyone genuinely assaulted,

I agree fully, but nothing that I said in my post you're replying to stated anything to the contrary! Someone can perhaps not fully understand the consequences of their actions as I've said (as teenagers sometimes don't), that doesn't mean I disagree with your point that "no decent person accuses someone else of stuff like this".

The rest of what you said there I agree with too.
    so maybe the raving and biased feminists posting here should point THAT out to their sisters and solve that particular made-by-females issue ?

Eh?? you've lost me now, are you talking about me? I most certainly haven't been "raving and biased". If you read my posts here you'd know that. And using feminism as a stick to beat anyone you think that has posted in such a fashion is lazy and biased in itself.

I think perhaps your understanding of what feminism is really about is skewed.

I'd be one of those using appropriate language about both. Low-life scum. Prick. Bitch. And if anyone wants to object then bear in mind that those adjectives apply because of the individuals' own actions and choices. Don't blame me that they fit - blame the individual.

No double-standards. Just telling it like it is. If you want to defend a twisted low-life who would ruin a guy's life (and contribute to it being taken) from being called what she chose to be then go right ahead. As I said, we are judged by our actions.

Those were points I made to Haelium :confused: why are you jumping in?

And I don't understand your point. When men do something bad like murder a bloke for a ham sandwich, AH calls for him to be castrated and fed to lions, when a woman accuses a man of rape and gets him killed, they call her a bitch and want her to be jailed(Surprisingly few called for her to be raped).

Oh and BTW I NEVER defended that girl! where on earth are you getting that from??
    You obviously haven't read my earlier posts if that's what you think and are jumping to conclusions. But do please point out where I did if you think so.

• Advertisement

I think perhaps your understanding of what feminism is really about is skewed.

I think the whole feminism thing has both women and men confused about what its really about....but that merits a whole thread to itself.

I agree fully, but nothing that I said in my post you're replying to stated anything to the contrary! Someone can perhaps not fully understand the consequences of their actions as I've said (as teenagers sometimes don't), that doesn't mean I disagree with your point that "no decent person accuses someone else of stuff like this".
    Oh and BTW I NEVER defended that girl! where on earth are you getting that from??
    You obviously haven't read my earlier posts if that's what you think and are jumping to conclusions. But do please point out where I did if you think so.

That part in bold is COMPLETELY irrelevant. There is absolutely no point or need to introduce it, and you bringing it up just makes it look like a part excuse; I know you say you're not excusing, but making statements like that comes across as exactly that.

I "jumped in" because you were implying that people who rightly call her a bitch wouldn't call a male low-life what he deserved; i.e. proving you wrong.

The funny thing about "evidence" is that whatever is being investigated has to be comparable.

If you can direct us to a thread where a scumbag guy falsely accused another guy of rape, and where the exact posters you are arguing with didn't post calling him a low-life <whatever>, then you might have some "evidence".

Otherwise you are just projecting your prejudices.

Again, I didn't write that to you. And nice attempt to get me to try and prove something that's virtually impossible and is unfalsifiable.

Obviously you have pre-conceived notions about where I'm coming from on this issue so I don't think it's worthwhile continuing this conversation with you until you read back on my posts.

Not backing out but I have to come off line now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

crazygeryy wrote: »
    No whats worse about that are the 6 idiots that thanked him.
    Thanks
    Yakult wrote: »
    Horrible situation for all involved.
    Three words that a lot of people cannot grasp "Actions have consequences" and this is the perfect example of it.
    I hope this affects the girl badly, disgraceful thing to do.
    Sadly I dont think she'll give it much thought as she carries on with her life, which unfortunately same cant be said for the poor guy who was stabbed.

Are you actually serious? there was uproar over Larry Murphy, that thing is the scum of the earth.

To the people who are trying to bring this back to double standards, I am a woman, and I still think the girl in question is a manipulative lying b!tch.
    I think she should be put on trial for her actions.

and the guy who stabbed him,has since died...doing his party trick of knockin back a naggin of vodka....wise ass

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Lethal Lady posted this interesting link upthread:

http://46.51.155.42/teens-drunken-party-trick-led-to-death-158501-Jun2011/

In the comments beneath the article Jessica Klok makes a comment that tells you all you need to know about the type of person that she is.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

foxyboxer wrote: »
    A woman falsely accuses a man of rape.

What would the scenario be the other way around?

A man falsely accuses a woman of...????

RAPE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭catthinkin

I dont think there is any femminist stance on this ? The girl in questioned commited a terrible act and imo makes it far worse for anyone in the posistion of being raped to be believed . Anyone cryin wolf should be made to pay dearly for there actions.

The guy who acted upon it is just as reprehensible .

Both in my eyes are pure scum and would be if the sexes of the parties were exchanged.

Rip to their victum my heart goes out to his family .what a burden to bear your son was killed by malice and sheer thuggery.

Again, I didn't write that to you.

Irrelevant. You wrote it. Not standing over it is a cop-out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

No, it says a lot about people who stands up for and defends scum like someone who falsely accuses someone of rape.

The word "bitch" is a fair comment on what she did.

Ridiculous. That's your preconceived bias talking. Did you ever stop to consider the fact that it "only comes to the table in cases like these" because they are - you know - talking about the specific type of women in cases like these ?

Decent woman : no namecalling
    False accuser : namecalling

Logical conclusion : people don't like false accusers
    up for anything's conclusion : people don't like women and only let it show when they have an excuse related to false accusers

Maybe you'd like to suggest that I'm subconsciously globally anti-man or anti-priest when I comment on the subset of those groups that rape kids or women ?

Ridiculous! :rolleyes:

You read an awful lot into what I wrote! I'm not sure I get your meaning, are you suggesting that I am standing up for and defending someone who falsely accused another of rape? :confused:
    Zulu wrote: »
    Liar! I call shenanigans - Larry Murphy easily came in for half the name calling and vilification.

You poster, are a cad & a bounder! A peddler of untruths; a misrepresentor! A charlatan indeed.

And you are a jackass. :D

Larry Murphy - thread - page 8 before someone calls him 'a piece of dirt', he turned into a f'cker on page 11 and then 'a man in the loosest sense of the word'.

And then there's Larry Murphy being released - 6 pages and not a mention of him being a prick/bollix/bastard/wanker/cnut or any other demeaning word like that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement