Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

I'm such a cold creature as well, though when I was a toddler I hated wearing clothes, I'd strip off to my nappy as soon as we got home :o

The bf is like an electric heater though, so I tend to cling to him like a baby koala. But he can go without central heating during winter if the oil runs out :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Novella wrote: »
    I'm never really cold. I constantly have people saying to me, "Oh, you must be freezing" 'cause I wear flats or whatever without socks in winter but no, I'm generally just warm. If I could just not own any winter clothes at all, I'd be pretty happy! I hate long sleeves and coats and stuff.
    hah, I'm like the complete opposite

I have almost nothing in the way of summery clothes what so ever. I practically never buy anything in the summer seasons, it's always winter :D gimmie big coats any day ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

bluewolf wrote: »
    mine's grown from the top of my ears to ... pretty long, in 18 months, and i get it trimmed quite regularly

I'm going to have to get it trimmed soon. I've got a kinda rats tail going on at the moment :D

I wore it down for the first time on Monday and everyone was asking me if I got it done. I was like 'nah just washed it!'

Links234 wrote: »
    tumblr_lykvp6r5d21qlq05h.gif

Oh, this is because Martin Freeman is apparently made of kittens.

tumblr_lrpb0rJwUE1qjiwx5o1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1329394402&Signature=mqlp09C4aWuDjFun83oTqgR3NwU%3D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Acoshla wrote: »
    I'm so jealous of people like you, wearing flats in winter, I would die as soon as my feet realised they were getting no socks for the day.

My feet hate socks, they feel so trapped! Every time I have a cold, my mam says to me, "Now! That's what happens when you don't wear socks!" :pac:

So jealous of you getting your hair done Novella. I can't wait to get mine done. Won't be for a very long time though because ever since I had to chop it all off I'm determined to have long hair :D

You will have long hair! :) I know the feeling though, my hair grows sooo slowly! Well, fringey thing grows like crazy but I'm pretty certain that the rest of my hair is stuck at the length it is. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭MsAllybear

emotional wreck this week.. still dunno whats going on. Just ready to cry and cry more. Had a drink last night cos had opportunity to.. I rarely drink so dunno why i even bothered.
    anything will set me off.. thank god i was distracted last night , got out of house for few hours.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Lol my boyfriend if always taking piss out of me because I always feel the cold, he thinks it's hilarious. :o
    Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    It must be a woman thing.. My feet are always cold.
    Acoshla wrote: »
    Oh my god Jane how do you wear Cons all the time? I'd freeze and die! I wear hiking socks and Uggs all the time, (even in summer when I'm working :o), I always wear the warm hiking socks (inside nice boots if I'm going anywhere nice), only time I don't is when I'm going out at night wearing heels!
    Posy wrote: »
    I'm a long time member of the 'always cold' club. Even on really warm days I'd be wearing a cardigan and sitting by a heater. :o
    ahh, how do you manage that!? :eek:

I wear my docs and knee high socks most of the time, and even then my feet can get a bit cold.
    I am always freezing. I need the water in the shower to be at the highest temperate or else I get so moany. Hate cold/luke warm showers.
    Ophiopogon wrote: »
    Just adding to the sterotype here but...It is bloody freezing today, I've three pairs of socks on and a scarf and now basically sitting on the raidiator.
    EmilyO wrote: »
    I'm such a cold creature as well, though when I was a toddler I hated wearing clothes, I'd strip off to my nappy as soon as we got home :o

ye bunch of girls!!!! :pac:

bluewolf wrote: »
    ye bunch of girls!!!! :pac:
    and proud! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I love being too warm, shower up to the last, or heaven is my electric blanket on 8 or 9 (it only goes to 9), hiking socks, pj's, vest top, hoody, duvet, love it!! I can only tolerate that level of heat for about an hour but it's so lovely, boyfriend practically burns himself if he puts his foot on my side of the bed, I think he's turned on his side of the electric blanket 3 times since we got it, all 3 of those were when he had no heating or water here for 11 days last Christmas :o He's always warm, people used to say he was too stingy to pay to turn on his heating, he'd be roasting and people would call over and be absolutely freezing and it wouldn't occur to him!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Yaaarrrr!

don't think I saw him tho. :( sorry. but cool video! he's kickin ass :D how old is he?

That's from last year I think. He's 17 now... :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

I prefare to be too cold than too hot as I find it easier to warm up but it takes me forever to cool down.

I don't really like sweating either, when I was working in America in the height of summer I'd be slick with sweat. One of the jobs required you to be bent over for a time and I'd have sweat rolling of my chest and dripping on my face, it was disgusting. Give me snow and ice any day.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

@ Acoshla and Links - Honestly I think it's just because they're purple! :o

Snap, I have purple Cons, and the reason I bought them was because they were purple!

On a side note, will this week ever end! Looking forward to a night out with friends this weekend. :D

cdaly_ wrote: »
    That's from last year I think. He's 17 now... :eek:
    has he been playing guitar long?

I also think it was really cool that the Alestorm gig wasn't over 18s, there were loads of young metal fans that got a chance to see them who wouldn't have otherwise. was great :D

Ophiopogon wrote: »
    I prefare to be too cold than too hot as I find it easier to warm up but it takes me forever to cool down.

I don't really like sweating either, when I was working in America in the height of summer I'd be slick with sweat. One of the jobs required you to be bent over for a time and I'd have sweat rolling of my chest and dripping on my face, it was disgusting. Give me snow and ice any day.

Oh yeah I prefer cold weather because I can wrap up, when I worked in Canada I liked Autumn best, summer was too hot (I remember talking on my phone as I walked to work and sweat dripping from where my elbow was bent up holding the phone! :eek:) and winter was feckin HIDEOUSLY cold, I liked the 20-25 degrees with a nice breeze, bliss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

@ Acoshla and Links - Honestly I think it's just because they're purple! :o

Best reason for anything ever :D

Had a lovely relaxed night in with the OH last night- pizza, xbox, icecream and wine. Mmmmm perfect.
    He even hand made me a card and wrote me a poem :o

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭OkayWhatever

My boyfriend thought it was a compliment to tell me that I have bigger boobs than any other girl, my age,that he knows. Is that even a compliment :confused: Hahaha!!

He also began my valentines card with "you're aware I hate all this Valentines Day stuff" :P Made me laugh! :p

He's to go to Swords to collect a gig ticket he bought, so i'm going into town to get him from college and then we're going to bus it out! Why do I agree to these things?! I'm so comfy on the couch!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

He's to go to Swords to collect a gig ticket he bought, so i'm going into town to get him from college and then we're going to bus it out! Why do I agree to these things?! I'm so comfy on the couch!!!

Let me know if you get lost :p

I too am always cold and the boy is always warm. Sometimes I call him a werewolf :p it's unnatural (or supernatural....) for someone to be that warm ALL the time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I'm often cold. I used to sit on top of the fire practically when I was a kid.

My parents don't visit me over here in the middle of the summer cos of the heat but I LOVE it! 30+ degrees is lovely, once you can get a bit of shade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

@bluewolf where do you get your protein shakes from? I think they would be a good brekkie option for me as I often can't stomach eggs so early ;s

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Dolorous wrote: »
    @bluewolf where do you get your protein shakes from? I think they would be a good brekkie option for me as I often can't stomach eggs so early ;s

yeah i originally started because of that and because they're quick

myprotein.com is where i get mine
    i have some kind of referral code i can PM you, i'm not sure but i think it gives you a discount of some sort, i don't know how it works
    the chocolate flavour is lovely and the choc nut is lovely too, but quite sweet, and i've gone off it

as for cons, i like mine, but the material at the back of the heels has completely torn and now there's a big hole on the inside in both even though i've hardly had them long enough
    does that happen to anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Yeh a few of my well worn cons have that problem.

Dolorous if bluewolf's referral doesn't give you the discount let me know and i'll PM you a code.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I’ve had two pairs of purple Cons, which I loved, but I think I must have wide feet or something because both pairs ripped on the inside of my foot, just back from my big toe.

I have purple Docs though and they’re so comfy :)

i got a knockoff pair of purple "cons" from M&S ages ago and they've actually lasted way better :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I always loved the look of cons (since they were in fashion in the early 90s) but I find they don't give me enough arch support, so they are too uncomfortable for me to wear. Love docs on the other hand!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

jJ8yv.png

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

What on earth are cons?

All hail Doc Martens! :D

(says she with 6 pairs and counting) :p

What on earth are cons?

converse-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Aw! I've seen them around. Don't own any though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

All hail Doc Martens! :D

(says she with 6 pairs and counting) :p

Love my Docs (wearing my purple ones at the moment), but also love my Cons. Particularly the Batman ones. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement