Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Love my Docs (wearing my purple ones at the moment), but also love my Cons. Particularly the Batman ones. :D

nanananananaananana CON-VERSE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Stench or Bluewolf (or anyone in the know)...whats the name of protein you use,I was just looking at that site and it looks a bit completcated.

I'm mostly grand with eggs or porridge in the morn but sometimes I'm not hungry and have to force myself to eat something. Do you think a protein drink would work in these cases. Can you just mix it with water?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I have pink cons and heeled black docs :)
    Don't really wear the cons but I loooove docs. Need more. Yes yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I actually use Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey which can be got from here or here (And I'm sure many other places) But if I'm getting some from myprotein I usually go for this one here

Nice flavours : Chocolate mint, chocolate nut (so bluewolf says!), cookies and cream

Avoid: Toffee - just doesn't taste like toffee.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

you can mix with water but much nicer with milk
    skimmed milk anyway i dont know about full

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

bluewolf wrote: »
    as for cons, i like mine, but the material at the back of the heels has completely torn and now there's a big hole on the inside in both even though i've hardly had them long enough
    does that happen to anyone else?

Ya that has happened mine :( Very disappointed. I want to get some green ones but I saw some really pretty ones with a multicoloured tongue!

you can mix with water but much nicer with milk
    skimmed milk anyway i dont know about full

Always with milk. Taste like death (I may be over reacting ) with water :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Just took a metal bowl out of 185 degree oven where it's been for 40 minutes...and promptly put my index finger on it :eek::( Lovely welt across it now, ouchies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Thanks bluewolf and Stench Blossoms! I figure if I get a good start to the day it'll be easier to stay on track :) I might stash some in work too, some days I barely get 10 minutes to eat something and I'll invariably grab something quick and rubbishy :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Here is what I have using my sewing machine for lately:
    A plushie penguin

6880794821_118cb7eb6d_z.jpg

Bibs and burp cloths:
    6880792219_41d21019e5_z.jpg

• Advertisement

Dolorous wrote: »
    Thanks bluewolf and Stench Blossoms! I figure if I get a good start to the day it'll be easier to stay on track :) I might stash some in work too, some days I barely get 10 minutes to eat something and I'll invariably grab something quick and rubbishy :rolleyes:

sometimes im lazy and have a nutrigrain bar
    i wont be starving but i know it's junk
    definitely feel much better having eggs or a shake though

Ivy they are adorable, you know what you need now? A baby to use them with! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Acoshla wrote: »
    Ivy they are adorable, you know what you need now? A baby to use them with! :D

I'm working on it, honestly! He's on strike though!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Ophiopogon wrote: »
    Stench or Bluewolf (or anyone in the know)...whats the name of protein you use,I was just looking at that site and it looks a bit completcated.

I'm mostly grand with eggs or porridge in the morn but sometimes I'm not hungry and have to force myself to eat something. Do you think a protein drink would work in these cases. Can you just mix it with water?

I find whey protein works best, put milk and a banana in a blender with two big scoops of powder, its a mini meal in itself, drink it straight out of the blender

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I actually use Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey which can be got from here or here (And I'm sure many other places) But if I'm getting some from myprotein I usually go for this one here

Nice flavours : Chocolate mint, chocolate nut (so bluewolf says!), cookies and cream

Avoid: Toffee - just doesn't taste like toffee.

Does your diet have to be very good if you want to take protein shakes after a weights workout?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Links234 wrote: »
    has he been playing guitar long?

I also think it was really cool that the Alestorm gig wasn't over 18s, there were loads of young metal fans that got a chance to see them who wouldn't have otherwise. was great :D

Been playing about 6 years now. Really impressing his school musical mates with his shredding skillz.

There's a Lamb of God gig coming up which is over 18s. He's pretty pissed about that and is currently concentrating on looking a bit older...

Does your diet have to be very good if you want to take protein shakes after a weights workout?

Well if your diet is good enough you shouldn't have to take the shakes. Or so I've been led to believe.

The reason I take them is because I work out so much I burn quite a bit of caloires and don't eat enough for what I burn. So I could eat a load of crap food to make up the difference but instead I use protein shakes.

Easier to digest rather that eating another chicken fillet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Seriously how's it Wednesday already?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Had my interview with the Samaritans last night and will find out next week if I made it on to the training programme. It could not have gone better if I tried :)

So fingers crossed that I am one of the ones that makes the cut. :)

Well if your diet is good enough you shouldn't have to take the shakes. Or so I've been led to believe.

The reason I take them is because I work out so much I burn quite a bit of caloires and don't eat enough for what I burn. So I could eat a load of crap food to make up the difference but instead I use protein shakes.

Easier to digest rather that eating another chicken fillet.

I'm sick of eating chicken lol, two fillets for dinner with rice or veg and a shake afterwards, seem be working though

• Advertisement

i love chicken
    om nom nom nom
    i would eat chicken or steak every day if i could

i take shakes if i need a breakfast or a snack because im hungry without it being dinner time or whatever, and they're a nice chocolate milkshake treat

Finger stuck in bowl of water now, thought I'd be finished work by now, want to walk the doggy in the woods :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Had my interview with the Samaritans last night and will find out next week if I made it on to the training programme. It could not have gone better if I tried :)

So fingers crossed that I am one of the ones that makes the cut. :)
    Congrats!
    I did some volunteering with ChildLine and while it's tough (training esp) it's so rewarding!

Got I can't eat anymore chicken. I'll turn into one!

Although I'm making almond coated chicken later for dinner. Can't wait.

i love chicken
    om nom nom nom
    i would eat chicken or steak every day if i could

i take shakes if i need a breakfast or a snack because im hungry without it being dinner time or whatever, and they're a nice chocolate milkshake treat

oh I like chicken, just the amount of it I've been eating lately is getting tiresome, think i'll make pork chops tonight, nyom

Finger stuck in bowl of water now, thought I'd be finished work by now, want to walk the doggy in the woods :(

go to the chemist and get hydrogel

ps i swear i dont work for them

go to the chemist and get hydrogel

ps i swear i dont work for them

We have burn gel here (boyfriend being fireman has its uses!) but I can't put/keep anything on my hands when I'm working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Congrats!
    I did some volunteering with ChildLine and while it's tough (training esp) it's so rewarding!

Thanks so much. We had the information night a while back and that was really good - we were told what to expect and that it isn't for everyone. I have wanted to do this for so long (as in back in the late 90s) but for work reasons I was unable to.

I left feeling really positive about it and I think my passion came through in my interview. We'll see what they come back with next week. :cool:

We have burn gel here (boyfriend being fireman has it's uses!) but I can't put/keep anything on my hands when I'm working.

oh i figured you werent if you just had your hand soaking :)

• Advertisement

have my interview for that job tonight, its a video interview, so i gotta put on a shirt and tie and sit in my kitchen chatting to a webcam, am tempted to do it pantless lol, they'll never know

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement