Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

My dinner is generally
    - rice
    - chicken fillet
    - curry sauce
    maybe a mushroom or two.

-or-
    penne pasta (has to be penne)
    chicken fillet
    mushrooms
    sprinkle of cheese
    and sometimes (but most often not) half of those dolmio light tubs.

It's very rare that my culinary skills allow me venture away from those two dishes! I'm a bit OCD with food

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

bluewolf wrote: »
    oh i figured you werent if you just had your hand soaking :)

Stuff in oven, doing emails etc while I'm waiting, that's when it buuuuuurns!!! :(:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Omg totally do it pantless!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

krudler wrote: »
    have my interview for that job tonight, its a video interview, so i gotta put on a shirt and tie and sit in my kitchen chatting to a webcam, am tempted to do it pantless lol, they'll never know

If your luck is anything like mine, dont!! Something will happen and you will have to stand revealing your pantless state = No job for you

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Nephew doing his best grandad impression :D

430130_10150701873331833_507951832_11133402_1441181585_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

have my interview for that job tonight, its a video interview, so i gotta put on a shirt and tie and sit in my kitchen chatting to a webcam, am tempted to do it pantless lol, they'll never know

Do it in full gear, I have had to do quite a few phone interviews and the advice is always wear what you would wear to a real interview, it puts you in the right frame of mind (like if you wear a tracksuit and slouch in the chair, it sort of comes across in your voice).

Best of luck anyway!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Acoshla wrote: »
    I would die as soon as my feet realised they were getting no socks for the day.
    I always have to have socks or I'd be FREEZING! In the winter I wear big boots and two pairs of those thick fluffy socks.
    (my winter boots are a size too big so two pairs of socks is a necessity anyway when I wear them..)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Do it in full gear, I have had to do quite a few phone interviews and the advice is always wear what you would wear to a real interview, it puts you in the right frame of mind (like if you wear a tracksuit and slouch in the chair, it sort of comes across in your voice).

Best of luck anyway!

time to suit up so :D I look like crap on webcams though (doesnt everyone?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

time to suit up so :D I look like crap on webcams though (doesnt everyone?)

I actually look BETTER on webcam, but I think that's cos of the lighting in the spare room/my office!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Thanks lads re the protein shake...gonna give it a go as it would be great in the summer, I always seem to miss meals in the summer. Not a big fan of drinking milky drinks but sure I'll it with water first or maybe a bit of milk and ice cubes.

Love your crafty bits IVY. My next project is some fancy napkins and handkerchiefs. Think I might give embroidery a shot too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I was at a screening/ pre-counselling thing for eating disorders. Big buffet table of food. Yeah that's a great idea :pac: Free mocktails though yum.

Everytime I talk to anyone at the health centre I get a free condom. I'm over grown with them and no use to me at all :(

Also people living in Ireland are not allowed to complain about the cold ever. Come live in Canada.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Also people living in Ireland are not allowed to complain about the cold ever. Come live in Canada.

My mum used to say something similar to us when we lived in Botswana! Well except Ireland was the cold one then. Constantly telling us that we don't know what it is to be cold or freezing!

Then we moved to Ireland (in the middle of winter with fecking blizzards thus my hatred for snow) and we learned how right she was.

I need to live in properly hot desert weather again...

Also Acoshla, there is nothing better for burns than raw, straight from the plant aloe vera if you can get it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I love when my da says Aloe Vera. He's from Offaly and says it like ALOHA Vera. :D

Everytime I talk to anyone at the health centre I get a free condom. I'm over grown with them and no use to me at all :-( .

This should help! http://kissndtell.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

hmm, my newphews communion is soon and I really dont want to go to the mass even though its assumed I will be, mentioned my dislike of the church to my sister and got "sure its not even about that anymore" yeah thats a modern catholic down to a tee :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Haha! Story of my condoms, stuck in a drawer incase my boyfriend ever visits! Think I'll just start handing them out to teenage couples at the mall, for my own entertainment.

I have gotten some super sad news :( A lot of people dropped out of my ski trip next week and it might not go ahead because they can't cover the transport budget now. I was really really looking forward to it. Will know later for sure but its not looking good. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

mentioned my dislike of the church to my sister and got "sure its not even about that anymore" yeah thats a modern catholic down to a tee :rolleyes:
    :D

Best of luck in your interview. I say wear trousers and shoes like you would to a normal interview. As tempting (and funny) as it would be to be business on top and casual down below (hey hey!) it will put you in a better frame of mind for the interview. Especially since you'll be in your own home so that will be difficult.

Haha! Story of my condoms, stuck in a drawer incase my boyfriend ever visits! Think I'll just start handing them out to teenage couples at the mall, for my own entertainment.

I have gotten some super sad news :( A lot of people dropped out of my ski trip next week and it might not go ahead because they can't cover the transport budget now. I was really really looking forward to it. Will know later for sure but its not looking good. :(

I refuse to use free condoms (avoid the bright orange ones!) after a bad experience with them so now I just have to find other uses for them! I wouldnt do that to the couples though either! :-D

So today I have burnt my finger, undercooked a cake, broken a plate, made three trips to the shops because I keep forgetting stuff....awesome. The undercooked cake is about 1% undercooked on one patch, so the rest of the lovely cake has to go in the bin, hate that :( Ate some bits of it, it's delicious, makes it so much worse.

Edit: Dropped a new roll of kitchen paper into the full sink, sigh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I have a numb bum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

im supposed to be doing a thesis.....im putting photos in an album!

yeah im going to fail!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

@pixie, it's well known that if you take regular relaxing study breaks it helps you concentrate for larger bodies of work.;)

@ honey-ec, rub that bum un-numb! :p or better yet, get help...

@ Acoshla, beware knives when having a day like that, my sister once severed a nerve in her finger by opening a blister pack of a new knife....with another knife :eek:

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I refuse to use free condoms (avoid the bright orange ones!) after a bad experience with them so now I just have to find other uses for them! I wouldnt do that to the couples though either! :-D

Funny balloon animals. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Oh well this has just ruined my day. Someone else in the office is using the same message tone as me. I keep thinking I'm popular but I'm not.

First world problem.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

give US the leftover cake :eek:

Eviledna wrote: »
    Acoshla, beware knives when having a day like that, my sister once severed a nerve in her finger by opening a blister pack of a new knife....with another knife

Edna! Hello!!! I wish you lived nearby, I've been craving a chat with you today (now everybody knows of my love for you, uh oh:p)
    bluewolf wrote: »
    give US the leftover cake :eek:

If only I didn't live in the shticks I could find people to give it to, it's still sitting on the plate here, looking all tasty and nice, except for the silly uncooked ring like a tree ring, sigh.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

If only I didn't live in the shticks I could find people to give it to, it's still sitting on the plate here, looking all tasty and nice, except for the silly uncooked ring like a tree ring, sigh.

I'm just saying, purely a self-less deed, but if you're coming in to Galway, I'll happily take it off your hands!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Edna! Hello!!! I wish you lived nearby, I've been craving a chat with you today (now everybody knows of my love for you, uh oh:p)

where did you say you live?

edit: nm i remember :)

Definitely do the interview pantless and, if you can, some of these sock holder-uppers

mens-garters-bsti-woods1.jpg

And at the very end of the interview, stand up and walk away, so they see everything.

You'll get the job guaranteed

• Advertisement

Daisies wrote: »
    I'm just saying, purely a self-less deed, but if you're coming in to Galway, I'll happily take it off your hands!

Nope not going into Galway at all, was there on Monday!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement