Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

I think this cake was made for me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Something wrong :( Only a teeny dribble of water coming out of the showers in my house. I want to shower :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Happy birthday shinikins!

My boyfriend and i both arrived home with steaks to cook the other person. So steak tonight and tomorrow! Huzzah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Why does it take so long for your brain to connect with your stomach when you're eating your dinner...so full. bleugh

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Happy birthday shinikins! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I had a lovely Valentine's Dinner. Burger and onion rings and a very romantic Corporate Ethics textbook for company <3

I had a dream about delicious red wine last night and have been craving some all day. Damn class till late and early tomorrow. Going on a brewery tour Friday night though so ale ahoy! Not as nice as wine, but sure have to be a local now.

I did get to Skype my Valentine from the study room though :) He cancelled his plans for tonight so we could have a chat, sweetie pie!

My sister sent me a photo of my dog looking at his Valentine card, it has a picture of a dog just like him on it. He clearly loves it and is thinking of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Ophiopogon wrote: »
    Why does it take so long for your brain to connect with your stomach when you're eating your dinner...so full. bleugh

This has caused many "food babies " for me!

Happy birthday shin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Heh, got home today to my fiance ranting about all the saps he'd seen in town with bouquets. Then I walked into the kitchen to flowers and milk tray, he was delighted with himself lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

I really don't see the point in Valentines day, especially after 7 years with the boy, but seeing photos on FB and people putting up statuses about their meals etc, really has me wishing my boy didn't live on the other side of the country. I'd kill for just one hug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

tomissex wrote: »
    I really don't see the point in Valentines day, especially after 7 years with the boy, but seeing photos on FB and people putting up statuses about their meals etc, really has me wishing my boy didn't live on the other side of the country. I'd kill for just one hug.

Meet your sister! A hug would be amazing right now. And chocolate.
    Hope you get to see him soon :)

• Advertisement

Goodnight my boards lovers! Mwah! :D

bluewolf
    Fishie
    Millicent
    Lola92
    rainbow kirby
    jujibee
    Acoshla
    Ciarrai76
    caprilicious
    IvyTheTerrible
    Susie_Q

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

After doing something to my ribs from coughing so much - very sore on my left hand side any time I cough or laugh, at least its after easing down in the last hour or two

Looking forward to tomorrow night - dress looks good, will post pictures after the ball, hopefully the tan will come out alright, hotel booked - must remember to print out the confirmation tomorrow, all set for the ball :D Hopefully this pretty bad pain in my ribs will be gone by then!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Well I had a lovely day spreading a bit of love to people. Nice to let people know you remember them! People have put such a bad stereotype on the day though, too much bitterness around. Begrudgers! Let me have my cheesy love day!

I suspect many ladies here are doing something due to the uncharacteristic lack of posts this evening.

Got a parcel from my mam. A calculator ¬_¬ Not even a note inside!

I gave myself an early night from college. Sad when getting home before 10pm is an early night. Having a lovely cup of tea and a cinnamon bagel that claims to be best before Feb 4th but tastes fine to me. Sure we'll know if a few hours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Such an amazing night ruined by a stupid phone call recieved at 3:55.
    I am so upset, again, and I can't even be mad because one thing he never is, is vulnerable -- but my god he looks and sounds it now. I'm tired of him getting into trouble, getting into messes and expecting me to fix them for him. Why is it always me that's sitting up, going out of my head with worry? Why isn't it someone elses problem? Hell why isn't it even his own problem. He's just so selfish and I know it but I just can't stop it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Such an amazing night ruined by a stupid phone call recieved at 3:55.
    I am so upset, again, and I can't even be mad because one thing he never is, is vulnerable -- but my god he looks and sounds it now. I'm tired of him getting into trouble, getting into messes and expecting me to fix them for him. Why is it always me that's sitting up, going out of my head with worry? Why isn't it someone elses problem? Hell why isn't it even his own problem. He's just so selfish and I know it but I just can't stop it.

Your brother again, Storm? I know the feeling. Tell him what you just wrote here, that you can't be his safety net anymore because you have your own family now and you owe it to them not to be cracking up over his choices. Don't pick up the phone anymore.

---

In other news, the symbolic eggs my mum gave me yesterday got yanked off the shelf by the toddler and smashed on the ground - The symbolism continues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

:mad: I really hate when people/self appointed food police feel the need to point out the calorie content of the food I'm eating as if it must be BRAND! NEW! INFORMATION! to me.

Gauge wrote: »
    :mad: I really hate when people/self appointed food police feel the need to point out the calorie content of the food I'm eating as if it must be BRAND! NEW! INFORMATION! to me.
    There are.. calories in this??! Why thank you for telling me, I'd never even heard that word before. Does it start with a 'K?' :rolleyes: :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i am going to kick someone in the fcuking face if i dont get this fcuking stick out of my fcuking arm NOW
    im ringing the clinic tonight or tomorrow :(

Posy wrote: »
    There are.. calories in this??! Why thank you for telling me, I'd never even heard that word before. Does it start with a 'K?' :rolleyes: :pac:
    well it is kcals
    ha ha
    *runs away*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Posy wrote: »

From now on I'll ingest only the finest free range, organic air :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Happy Birthday shinikins

The boy surprised me yesterday when he finished work he came to my house after work and gave me a gorgeous bunch of flowers, Pink and Purple Tulips :D I went to his house after football and we had Chinese :D Whoop! I made him chocolate buns for V-Day :D Thanks to Lola92, my boy seems to be developing an addiction to buns/cupcakes :D

I made apple & cinnamon buns yesterday and they were all gone, not even an hour after being taken out of the oven lol :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Good morning loungers, how are all you lovely people today? :)

I just woke up but himself is still asleep beside me. He looks so cute when he's asleep. :o

Had a lovely day yesterday. We didn't go out or anything. It was just nice because we were together. Last year we couldn't get to see each other. Last night we cuddled up together watching The Big Bang Theory and it was so lovely. :D

Storm and bluewolf - Are you both okay?? xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

:) Wednesday is almost over. Tomorrow is Thursday which means it's almost FRIDAY!

Going clubbing in Seoul with friends on Friday and I have a potential date on Sunday! I'm excire!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Gauge wrote: »

I do this. But I only do it to one person. Who constanly tells me it doesn't look like I've lost any weight to get a rise out of me. And he's really fat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I made apple & cinnamon buns yesterday and they were all gone, not even an hour after being taken out of the oven lol :D

Told you they were good! :)

I'm incredibly disorganised and incredibly disinterested in the work I have to do today, want to go back to bed, sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,358 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Can't wait for the Arsenal match tonight and to top it off, one of my lecturers has cancelled a double lecture so I get to go home early:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Had a really wonderful dinner with my girlfriend last night. First time I've had a valentines day that was special, and oh wow was this special. :D

Also, on a completely unrelated note, its really funny how hormones effect you sometimes. I've got the joy of having cold feet all the time these days. No kidding, before HRT I couldn't stand wearing socks in bed, now I wear them loads. These days if my toes poke out from the covers at all, I can't stand it! Kinda funny, isn't it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

you're now cold all the time?

yeah, you'd know you're a woman...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Acoshla wrote: »
    Told you they were good! :)

I'm incredibly disorganised and incredibly disinterested in the work I have to do today, want to go back to bed, sigh.
    You did and you were very right :D They were scrumptious :D

Hehe I made 12 and a small cake from the left over mixture, my boyfriend had the scraps of the cake lol, feck all else for him.

I made him plain chocolate and also chocolate and orange buns which he loved :D I think the choc and orange buns need more orange though, he suggested putting terry's chocolate orange in them next time, like lil choc chips.
    bluewolf wrote: »
    you're now cold all the time?

yeah, you'd know you're a woman...
    Lol my boyfriend if always taking piss out of me because I always feel the cold, he thinks it's hilarious. :o

all the women around me anywhere i am keep going on "it's cold. are you cold?"
    me: "don't you know better than to ask me that?"
    i'm never cold when they are
    i'm obviously actually male in disguise

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

You did and you were very right :D They were scrumptious :D

Hehe I made 12 and a small cake from the left over mixture, my boyfriend had the scraps of the cake lol, feck all else for him.

I made him plain chocolate and also chocolate and orange buns which he loved :D I think the choc and orange buns need more orange though, he suggested putting terry's chocolate orange in them next time, like lil choc chips.

Lol my boyfriend if always taking piss out of me because I always feel the cold, he thinks it's hilarious. :o

Like the white chocolate the chocolate orange will burn and go funny if it is on top of the bun while baking, what did you use to get the orange flavour? Melt the Terry's chocolate orange for the topping and mix it through buttercream or just dip the top of the bun in it, better use of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement