Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

I think last weekend is coming back to haunt me, and I'm getting sick. Not much energy, scratchy throat and weirdly hungry all the time. I think it's a cold mixed with sugar withdrawals after the crazy amount of bad food I ate in Galway.

Boo :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Ugh, they're back to the digusting Bovril coffee in work again. Luckily, I bought a jar of the nice stuff the last time this happened and stashed it in my pedestal. In yer face, cost-cutting Facilities department!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

so i need a week bit of a rant and im going unreg to do so!

so i tried the whole online dating malarky for a few months now!
    i dont have a picture up as i am insecure and i dont want people i know knowing i am there
    stupid and ridiculous i know!

so anyway i keep getting the same routine we chat for a while and its great
    we get along so well.....we have so much in common and i really like talking to them!

see then i send a picture or a link to my facebook and it all goes downhill!

they stop and ignore me its like they want nothing to do with me!

it just really really gets to me! and its starting to get me so down about myself! i dont want to do anything anymore coz i feel so hideous! and im about 99% im going to die alone!

ugh! i just dont feel pretty anymore online dating is seriously screwing me around! seriously i started to cry over it the other day which is not like me.....i dont cry over anything!

sorry about this mini rant! i just needed to get it off my chest!

Ps.....im pretty sure one of the guys im talking to is a boardsie! that should be interesting if he doesnt run away screaming! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

bluewolf wrote: »
    you're now cold all the time?

yeah, you'd know you're a woman...

ah well I knew that already :p

I just think it's kinda funny and really interesting the way that hormones can effect your body in ways you don't really think about.

also, scary how many posts my pic in the know your loungers thread has gotten! :eek: it feels so weird. :o

Just out of a bookshop where, upon noticing they were giving out free bookmarks said, quite loudly, "Ooo free bookmark. Yoink" much to the amusement of the guy behind the counter

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I was walking to my bus pretty late last night and this guy I'd never met before came up into my face and started shouting at me and threatening me. He didn't realise that my friend was walking me to the bus and my friend got really angry and told the guy to leave me alone.

It was kind of scary afterward though, because I don't know what would have happened if I'd been alone. Whenever I have to get the bus late one of the lads always offer to walk with me and I usually jokingly argue with them before letting them, but last night my friend was like "you're probably not going to argue with me again now :P" and I really don't think I will. Scary times!

I'm out of the woods pain-wise too, which is brilliant. Today is a nice enough day and my immediate group of college friends are all having dinner together tonight, which I'm very much looking forward to. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Links234 wrote: »
    Had a really wonderful dinner with my girlfriend last night. First time I've had a valentines day that was special, and oh wow was this special. :D

Also, on a completely unrelated note, its really funny how hormones effect you sometimes. I've got the joy of having cold feet all the time these days. No kidding, before HRT I couldn't stand wearing socks in bed, now I wear them loads. These days if my toes poke out from the covers at all, I can't stand it! Kinda funny, isn't it?

It must be a woman thing.. My feet are always cold. Probably doesn't help that I wear Converse nearly every day and they're not the greatest for holding in heat it has to be said.
    Acoshla wrote: »

Acoshla you are a legend! This exact routine popped into my head when I read Links' post! :D :pac:

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Woke up this morning and its clear that I missed a few spots last night with the tan :o Filled in the spots this morning, hopefully it'll be alright!

Got into work, found out that the mother of a person I went to school with died suddenly last night - Mam got a phone call last night to say her uncle in law had passed away. Kinda put a dampener on tonight - but I'll go and enjoy it anyway!

Oh my god Jane how do you wear Cons all the time? I'd freeze and die! I wear hiking socks and Uggs all the time, (even in summer when I'm working :o), I always wear the warm hiking socks (inside nice boots if I'm going anywhere nice), only time I don't is when I'm going out at night wearing heels!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

all the women around me anywhere i am keep going on "it's cold. are you cold?"
    me: "don't you know better than to ask me that?"
    i'm never cold when they are
    i'm obviously actually male in disguise

my office is like a furnace all year round, because if the temp drops below 25 degrees people complain its "chilly" chilly! thats warmer than the hottest day of summer in this country! I usually wear short sleeved shirts to work even in the dead of winter its so hot in here, complete sweatbox all the time, its actually uncomfortable to work in, makes me sleepy and ill sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Getting my hair done today. I actually hate going to the hairdressers but oh, I do love bouncy, swishy hair! :) And being able to see and not all fringey thing in face! :)

Aaaaaand tonight I'm going out :) I like today :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

you're now cold all the time?

yeah, you'd know you're a woman...
    I'm a long time member of the 'always cold' club. Even on really warm days I'd be wearing a cardigan and sitting by a heater. :o

Double post

Why are Irish women seemingly always cold?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Acoshla wrote: »
    Like the white chocolate the chocolate orange will burn and go funny if it is on top of the bun while baking, what did you use to get the orange flavour? Melt the Terry's chocolate orange for the topping and mix it through buttercream or just dip the top of the bun in it, better use of it.
    Aye I thought that, would it be OK just to put the terry's C.O in the mixture as chocolate chips, but not have it sitting on top of the buns?

I used the rind of an orange and one table spoon of juice from the orange. It gave a lovely flavour and the mixture wasn't too wet or runny, it was perfect.

Thanks for your suggestion, I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes.

Going to meet my boyfriend for lunch and heading to my fave restaurant :D Can't wait :D

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    It must be a woman thing.. My feet are always cold. Probably doesn't help that I wear Converse nearly every day and they're not the greatest for holding in heat it has to be said.

ahh, how do you manage that!? :eek:

I wear my docs and knee high socks most of the time, and even then my feet can get a bit cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

@ Acoshla and Links - Honestly I think it's just because they're purple! :o

Ah the joys of being a man :-P

Aye I thought that, would it be OK just to put the terry's C.O in the mixture as chocolate chips, but not have it sitting on top of the buns?

I used the rind of an orange and one table spoon of juice from the orange. It gave a lovely flavour and the mixture wasn't too wet or runny, it was perfect.

Thanks for your suggestion, I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes

Use orange essence for a more orangey flavour, if you cut up the chocolate orange just make sure none of the "chips" get to the top, eating chocolate generally doesn't do well when baked but worth a shot I suppose.

Jane I have a pair of pink Babycham runners with rainbows and deer on the side, I love them, I wear them a lot too. I have one pair of Cons, turquoise, I never wear them, one of my friends has 30 pairs.

• Advertisement

tumblr_lykvp6r5d21qlq05h.gif

That's precisely how I look when my tummy gets rubbed.

I was in Italy a few years ago. It was August, it was sunny, it was 35-40 degrees.
    I found the weather to be 'quite warm.' :pac:

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    @ Acoshla and Links - Honestly I think it's just because they're purple! :o

That explains it ;)

I need purple Docs though. I don't have a purple pair yet.

boots-doc-martens-docs-flowers-purple-Favim.com-141442.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I'm never really cold. I constantly have people saying to me, "Oh, you must be freezing" 'cause I wear flats or whatever without socks in winter but no, I'm generally just warm. If I could just not own any winter clothes at all, I'd be pretty happy! I hate long sleeves and coats and stuff.

Novella wrote: »
    I'm never really cold. I constantly have people saying to me, "Oh, you must be freezing" 'cause I wear flats or whatever without socks in winter but no, I'm generally just warm. If I could just not own any winter clothes at all, I'd be pretty happy! I hate long sleeves and coats and stuff.

I'm so jealous of people like you, wearing flats in winter, I would die as soon as my feet realised they were getting no socks for the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I'm quite a warm person too, if I ever complain of being cold jaws drop :pac:

The weather has been nice the last few days though, really pleasant and not too warm or bright :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I am always freezing. I need the water in the shower to be at the highest temperate or else I get so moany. Hate cold/luke warm showers.

So jealous of you getting your hair done Novella. I can't wait to get mine done. Won't be for a very long time though because ever since I had to chop it all off I'm determined to have long hair :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I am always freezing. I need the water in the shower to be at the highest temperate or else I get so moany. Hate cold/luke warm showers.

So jealous of you getting your hair done Novella. I can't wait to get mine done. Won't be for a very long time though because ever since I had to chop it all off I'm determined to have long hair :D

mine's grown from the top of my ears to ... pretty long, in 18 months, and i get it trimmed quite regularly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Just adding to the sterotype here but...It is bloody freezing today, I've three pairs of socks on and a scarf and now basically sitting on the raidiator.

Butterbut squash and fennel soup of lunch though nyom.

Found a load of gorgeous mohair wool in the charity shop today for a euro a ball. Turned into a bit of nutjob though as I thought someone was coming over to look in the box of wool so kinda paniced grabed all the wool. :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement