Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Graduate Aptitude Test?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Amanda11

oh reading this really just makes me want to know i may ring cpl lol

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ckell081

I emailed CPL this morning in Dublin and they said they had no news and will keep us informed.... :(:(
    I wish i never saw this now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mustabeen

Orlaith88 wrote: »
    Ha nice one all de same!! Hopefully it wont be long now!! maybe they might do dubllin first!! lol! Also.. one more question.. did u come from a finance background? oh and last one promise... wat position were u goin for?

Thanks Orlaith, and to answer your questions:

1. Nope on the finance - degree in engineering
    2. Not entirely sure of the position, I originally applied for general branch banking role in North-East, but after an initial interview with CPL was bumped up to graduate openings in the central office. Was sent a job prospectus nothing like the original one and interviewed by two members of staff from this department. The job offer I got was nothing (I think) to do with that department. I think I'll be working in Dublin City somewhere, my guess being Ballsbridge.

Like I said, information is what you might call 'sketchy,' but as soon as I have some more I'll post here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 phonkillaz

ckell081 wrote: »
    I emailed CPL this morning in Dublin and they said they had no news and will keep us informed.... :(:(
    I wish i never saw this now :(

was it kelly in cpl in dublin who got back to yourself??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

Has anyone been called and given a no? i.e. if my phone rings today -is that likely a good sign ?? I know we are probably all putting way too much thought into this but its impossible to relax or think about anything else. Im on edge big time!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Dembo88

phonkillaz wrote: »
    was it kelly in cpl in dublin who got back to yourself??:confused:

I applied through the HR office in AIB so only God knows how I'll find out about it :D

closifer wrote: »
    Has anyone been called and given a no? i.e. if my phone rings today -is that likely a good sign ?? I know we are probably all putting way too much thought into this but its impossible to relax or think about anything else. Im on edge big time!

Well I'm thinking the longer it goes on the less chance we have, but who knows what way they'll work it! And I agree, we all are probably putting way too much thought into it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭crystalmice

I doubt they will ring with negative answers yet, I assume they would want to give people a chance to accept the positions first, there will always be a few people who get offers and reject them. I wouldnt be surprised if the cork interviews take longer, may not be til the end of the week at least..sick of waiting though!

phonkillaz

it was Lauren from CPL i was dealing with, they haven't heard anything so hopefully they are ringing the different recruitment agencies and they are yet to be rang !! She said she would let me know ASAP if anyone in CPL in Dublin hears anything... but she said don't be surprised if its not today... :(

I doubt they will ring with negative answers yet, I assume they would want to give people a chance to accept the positions first, there will always be a few people who get offers and reject them. I wouldnt be surprised if the cork interviews take longer, may not be til the end of the week at least..sick of waiting though!

Same as, I'm pretty much staring at the phone willing it to ring haha. I fear that the Cork interviews may take that bit longer too :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dee man

All i want to know at this stage is either i have a job or not. Hate this waiting ****

dee man wrote: »
    All i want to know at this stage is either i have a job or not. Hate this waiting ****

Unfortunately this is what we signed up for dee man ha :) We'll keep positive, only thing to do :D

Dembo88 wrote: »
    Unfortunately this is what we signed up for dee man ha :) We'll keep positive, only thing to do :D

True, all we can do is just wait patiently.... !

Dembo88 wrote: »

Yep exactly what we have signed up for.
    Just sit and wait. Thats all we can do really.lol
    least we know that offers r going and d person that did get oofered was a person who.got interviewed on d tuesday. I was thursday so a bit to go yet for me.lol

least we know that offers r going and d person that did get oofered was a person who.got interviewed on d tuesday. I was thursday so a bit to go yet for me.lol

I was last on Fri so thats another while for me !! :(

I was interviewed last Thursday too so I'm thinking its going to be that bit more of a wait as well. I mean who knows, it could be worth the wait! You just never know..

So has anyone else heard anything??

So has anyone else heard anything??

I emailed cpl about lunch time, they said they might have an update this afternoon??

I emailed cpl about lunch time, they said they might have an update this afternoon??

Ah ok, I've heard nothing since, have to try to stop thinking about it :p

At least ye have the comfort of asking the agency, I don't think it would look good if I rang the HR office in AIB asking if I have the job or not haha :P

• Advertisement

I'm checking mails every 5 to ten minutes to see if these boards update. iPhone's are great sometimes but at a time like this it's stresses you out!! Think I might call it a day and maybe check all this again tomorrow. Best of luck to ye all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ladd19

Got the call and got the job. Branch role in cork. woo woo. best of luck guys

I'm checking mails every 5 to ten minutes to see if these boards update. iPhone's are great sometimes but at a time like this it's stresses you out!! Think I might call it a day and maybe check all this again tomorrow. Best of luck to ye all!!

I think that is not a bad idea, I am constantly checking for updates i may just try to forget til tomorrow, best of luck, I know i need it !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Ourman

Just got the call. Starting the 27th. Happy with salary too. Got the call from cpl and all she knew was start date salary and location. Which is ballsbridge. Not sure if that's just for training or permanent. I was hoping for north east or mullingar !

Ourman wrote: »
    Just got the call. Starting the 27th. Happy with salary too. Got the call from cpl and all she knew was start date salary and location. Which is ballsbridge. Not sure if that's just for training or permanent. I was hoping for north east or mullingar !

Congrats, I hope I'm as lucky now!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Orlaith88

Got the call everyone.. Got one in bantry in west cork... !! Im From west cork so happy days:) handin in my notice tomorrow :)

what position were you offered?
    what day last week did you do your interview?
    did they say what the pay is?
    congrats girl, u must be delighted fairplay to ya:)
    @orlaith88

Got the call an hour ago, got offered drogheda, which is brilliant, live in Dundalk so only 30min commute!! Starting 27th too, I'm sure we'll have some training all together in dublin for 2/3 weeks!! Eek!!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Orlaith88

Went for it las Wednesday in cork...well I went for the analysis role.. So guessing its that...!! Forgot to ask the person on the phone..to make sure... Salary just under 25k which I'm delighted with...! Yeah still in shock...! Best luck everyone....!

• Advertisement

I'd say every successful applicant will get a phone call, everyone else will get a letter in the coming days...:(

Advertisement