Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭OldManJenkin

Btw lads I found some amber and that blacksmith took it. He can craft Devine weapons out of +5 weapons? I don't have any green titanite :( got 3 blue, but no green :(. Are those divine weapons good?

Divine weapons are only good if you plan on raising your faith stat, as a weapons turned divine will get a stat modifier in faith but lower the other ones, although you will need one if you plan on killing the skeletons in the Catacombs.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Divine weapons are only good if you plan on raising your faith stat, as a weapons turned divine will get a stat modifier in faith but lower the other ones, although you will need one if you plan on killing the skeletons in the Catacombs.

So I better make one more +5 light crossbow for Devine weapon as it is useless of I am not in to Jesus and stuff?

Any other advantages of faith? As I started as knight, but now I am of to leather setup with high dexterity. I use shield/xbow and shield/rapier style weapon ( pointy slim and long sword )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Okay. snip.......

Unfortunately got Lille d by some goat looking. Dual wielding prick surrounded by dogs :(. Really tight space to fight that prick! Will have to resume it tommorow.

Thats the Capra demon boss, and he is a bastard. Only two bosses gave me real trouble and he was one of them. If you read back a few pages here you'll see some tips on beating his cheap arse.

I'm actually jealous that your only at the start of what I honestly consider the best game in many years. Feck it I might throw it on again now actually.

Well had a go tonight again. One shoted that dual wielding prick this time and very very easily, I have no idea why though, maybe I was more mentally prepared lol.
    Got key from some underground sewers. Holy crap I hate that part! I got curse death too! Horrible! Those bugeye bastards are easy to kill, but sometes they can get you off guard! Farming 6k souls to get to full hp was not fun :(.

Got invaded in sewers too! I shiet you not lads! We killed each other with last blows! Got 6k souls of him! But lost life :(.
    I found some fella who sells some armor, but very expencive stuff. It does not look good too to be honest ( stat wise) maybe there is something I don't know about it? Those crystal weapons look like useless too, can't be repaired!

Oh yeah, got killed by some big big boss on open area there now, some sort of 6 legend mouth... Any ideas how to handle him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Well had a go tonight again. One shoted that dual wielding prick this time and very very easily, I have no idea why though, maybe I was more mentally prepared lol.
    Got key from some underground sewers. Holy crap I hate that part! I got curse death too! Horrible! Those bugeye bastards are easy to kill, but sometes they can get you off guard! Farming 6k souls to get to full hp was not fun :(.
    You can buy them for 4k I think of the guy in the belltower

Oh yeah, got killed by some big big boss on open area there now, some sort of 6 legend mouth... Any ideas how to handle him?
    There should be plenty of summon signs near the bonfire thats at the end of the corridor of slimes. Solaire has a sign just before the Gaping Dragon too. Once you have someone to distract him he's very easy.

• Advertisement

So I get alive so and summi someone? Do I need something to summon someone? Like some mats? As i haven't summoned anyone even once.

So I get alive so and summi someone? Do I need something to summon someone? Like some mats? As i haven't summoned anyone even once.
    Once you're in human form you'll see these white or gold symbols on the ground. Walk over to one and click Summon and you'll have a pal to help you! :D Gaping Dragon is a real hotspot for summoning so it shouldn;t take long to find someone where I told you

So I better make one more +5 light crossbow for Devine weapon as it is useless of I am not in to Jesus and stuff?

Any other advantages of faith? As I started as knight, but now I am of to leather setup with high dexterity. I use shield/xbow and shield/rapier style weapon ( pointy slim and long sword )

I wouldn't advise making a divine crossbow, as it would be hard to kill a lot of skeletons if they crowd you (which they will), I would make some sort of sword divine. The only advantage of faith is to cast miracles, as some miracles have a high faith requirement, and miracles get better with increased faith.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

I wouldn't advise making a divine crossbow, as it would be hard to kill a lot of skeletons if they crowd you (which they will), I would make some sort of sword divine. The only advantage of faith is to cast miracles, as some miracles have a high faith requirement, and miracles get better with increased faith.

Don't bother making any Divine weapon it's a waste of time, just suicide run the Reapers (they don't respawn). You will probably die a few times but it's still much more time and material efficient than making a Divine weapon you will never really use again!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Ambrotos

Got invaded in sewers too! I shiet you not lads! We killed each other with last blows! Got 6k souls of him! But lost life :(.
    I found some fella who sells some armor, but very expencive stuff. It does not look good too to be honest ( stat wise) maybe there is something I don't know about it? Those crystal weapons look like useless too, can't be repaired!

Leave the Basilisks (bug-eyed guys) alone. They (and the horrible curse status) are not worth it. You can go a bit off the beaten track and kill a few of them to grab a ring which restores health for every killed enemy, but besides that the Basilisks only really help you to farm one item and you're not gonna need it for a loooonnnggggg time (if you ever end up needing it).

The invasion in the sewers is scripted if you're human, I think? Should've been some guy called Kirk, if I remember right? Probably wasn't actually another player Darkwraith though.

As for the Gaping Dragon boss, if you can find another actual player to help you then definitely restore your humanity and summon them. You should have problems then. Especially if you keep in mind that if you drink Estus it restores their health as well (as they can't drink Estus flasks while summoned to your world). You can summon Knight Solaire but don't bother, as he just distracts the dragon for a while and invariably ends up being killed. Also, make sure to kill the magic user who's up on a ledge somewhere (I forget exactly how to get to him, but you can) as he'll make your life a living hell in the fight. Once you've done that, the boss is actually really, really easy. He has an attack where he sort of floors himself and charges you after a few seconds. Just dodge that and he'll run into the wall and stop and you can pound him then. You can also cut his tail off for a ridiculously good greataxe (that requires 50 strength to use, though).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I recall there was a gold pine resin somewhere near Domhnall or Zena who should be near where you fight the dragon. I also suggest not using lock on as you'll be able to run behind him and let rip.
    I also found the cursebite ring EXTREMELY useful for the basilisk.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Well two shoted him, used only 1 pot and that was my stupidity. Was easy enough solo, just kite kite and xbow in his lovely body with no basic aiming.

He droped key to blightown? So I guess that's my next location? Will it be more underground again? :( I really liked outside castle theme!

Anyway. I did not knew I can kill npcs... One of those sealing sludges drop on me and while I was attacking it I hit that crystal fella :( had to kill him! So what now about him?

Now one more issue. I am using dark leather, but I found hardened leather set. Unfortunately it makes me very slow!!! :(. If I up my endurance will it mean I will get faster in hardened leather?

I can have max 55 load on me, with my current setup I can go up to 26 and be very agile. Though if I go little bit over I become as slow as plate armor :(. So if upgrade my endurance and up mac load to 56, will it mean that I will get slower at 27, not 26?

Well two shoted him, used only 1 pot and that was my stupidity. Was easy enough solo, just kite kite and xbow in his lovely body with no basic aiming.

He droped key to blightown? So I guess that's my next location? Will it be more underground again? :( I really liked outside castle theme!

Anyway. I did not knew I can kill npcs... One of those sealing sludges drop on me and while I was attacking it I hit that crystal fella :( had to kill him! So what now about him?

Now one more issue. I am using dark leather, but I found hardened leather set. Unfortunately it makes me very slow!!! :(. If I up my endurance will it mean I will get faster in hardened leather?

I can have max 55 load on me, with my current setup I can go up to 26 and be very agile. Though if I go little bit over I become as slow as plate armor :(. So if upgrade my endurance and up mac load to 56, will it mean that I will get slower at 27, not 26?

The door to blighttown, which is indeed another underground place, is right beside the NPC you killed, he provides nothing essential, although he sells some good armour later on in the game.

You will move fast if your equip burden is less than half your max( and even faster again if it is less than a quarter ), so raising your endurance will increase you max equip load and allow you to equip heavier armour. Endurance is the best stat to raise, as it increases stamina, defence and equip load, which in turn allows you to equip heavier, better armour, increasing your defence even more.

The door to blighttown, which is indeed another underground place, is right beside the NPC you killed, he provides nothing essential, although he sells some good armour later on in the game.

You will move fast if your equip burden is less than half your max( and even faster again if it is less than a quarter ), so raising your endurance will increase you max equip load and allow you to equip heavier armour. Endurance is the best stat to raise, as it increases stamina, defence and equip load, which in turn allows you to equip heavier, better armour, increasing your defence even more.

Awesome, really helped m8. I did experimented with 1 point after writing my post. And it worked same way you said it.
    Now I dislike that Blightown with a passion! Poison poison covered in poison with small dickheads spitting poison arrows from somewhere very dark! I am already at 9k souls and keep doing on that part. This last run I cleared everything and had only 1 pot left, so I just went back in to reset. Those bastords do give 500 souls, but it is annoying to kill them!

Any poison resist pots in game which I can swallow before fights to get my poison resist higher?

Awesome, really helped m8. I did experimented with 1 point after writing my post. And it worked same way you said it.
    Now I dislike that Blightown with a passion! Poison poison covered in poison with small dickheads spitting poison arrows from somewhere very dark! I am already at 9k souls and keep doing on that part. This last run I cleared everything and had only 1 pot left, so I just went back in to reset. Those bastords do give 500 souls, but it is annoying to kill them!

Any poison resist pots in game which I can swallow before fights to get my poison resist higher?
    The blow dart guys dont repawn when you die btw. So suicide run them if you get hit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Ambrotos

The above post is absolutely spot on about those guys not respawning, so go a few suicide runs and make killing them your top priority. I would add that you should probably put the black leather armour back on as it has a higher poison resistance and might (hopefully) let you survive that bit longer. If you're really stuck, you could make a slightly annoying trek back to Darkroot Garden and farm Blooming Purple Moss from the treant enemies there.

Oh, finally, don't run around without your shield up around those blow dart guys. I speak from painful, painful experience. Try to use your shield to help you close distance before you inevitably get toxic (which is more or less being doomed to die if you don't have Blooming Purple Moss).

Thanks lads. I will go in after work tonight there again! Of those bastords, domt respawn then it will make way easyer for me!
    I will spend on ps3 quite a bit more them then pc in the next few weeks. I am babysitting our 2 months old dachshund, so I can't leave him alone for long. :) so ps3 and 3ds are my best friends when he passes out after food/play routine!

Some armour pieces have much higher poison resistance than others, which increases the size of the poison bar, taking it longer to fill up. In blighttown somewhere, i'm not sure where, there is a set of armour called Shadow Armour, which has extremely high poison resistance.

Some armour pieces have much higher poison resistance than others, which increases the size of the poison bar, taking it longer to fill up. In blighttown somewhere, i'm not sure where, there is a set of armour called Shadow Armour, which has extremely high poison resistance.

Found it. Will check it out.

Okay, just to clear up - I hate blightown zone with a passion. So far worse part ever. I really loved everything up untill dn sewers and then this... :(
    It's hard to navigate, hard to see, annoying poison enemies. I can just imagine how much fun boss of this place.
    I think I found where is he. After killing some sort of weird plug like monster I can get to some spot with white light. There was a good luck mark too, so I bet it is it.

Oh yeah, got killed like little butch today by phantom here :(. I used my trusty weapon and I did 40 damage max to him!!! Then he put on some sort of scytle shaped on handed weapon with electricity and just killed me with few hits. Looks like he could ignore my 100% shield with if. Wrf was it?!

Found it. Will check it out.

Okay, just to clear up - I hate blightown zone with a passion. So far worse part ever. I really loved everything up untill dn sewers and then this... :(
    It's hard to navigate, hard to see, annoying poison enemies. I can just imagine how much fun boss of this place.
    I think I found where is he. After killing some sort of weird plug like monster I can get to some spot with white light. There was a good luck mark too, so I bet it is it.

Oh yeah, got killed like little butch today by phantom here :(. I used my trusty weapon and I did 40 damage max to him!!! Then he put on some sort of scytle shaped on handed weapon with electricity and just killed me with few hits. Looks like he could ignore my 100% shield with if. Wrf was it?!

He was someone who went and cleared the game, but without leveling much, so he can come back to areas with low level people, but with end game equipment, it's extremely noobish and annoying.

His weapon is call a Shotel, it's R2 attack bypasses any shield, and you were getting hit with electricity as later on you can make weapons Lightning with a certain blacksmith, which makes half their damage electric, like having a permanent Lightning Pine Resin applied to a weapon.

• Advertisement

He was someone who went and cleared the game, but without leveling much, so he can come back to areas with low level people, but with end game equipment, it's extremely noobish and annoying.

His weapon is call a Shotel, it's R2 attack bypasses any shield, and you were getting hit with electricity as later on you can make weapons Lightning with a certain blacksmith, which makes half their damage electric, like having a permanent Lightning Pine Resin applied to a weapon.

So be is a total version of bastordish twink?

Gobshiete... What they get for invading my world and killing me? Outside of increasing theyr e-pemys size?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 mscupcakes

Yes and no, upgrading a weapon with Lightning removes all stat bonuses, so if you were a dex build and made a Lightning Iaito you'd end up with a worse weapon all around. I don't think Pine Resin removes any stat bonuses. So +15 Iaito with Pine Resin will do more damage than +5 Lightning Iaito

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I wish this would come to PC but I know it'll never happen :(

mscupcakes wrote: »
    Yes and no, upgrading a weapon with Lightning removes all stat bonuses, so if you were a dex build and made a Lightning Iaito you'd end up with a worse weapon all around. I don't think Pine Resin removes any stat bonuses. So +15 Iaito with Pine Resin will do more damage than +5 Lightning Iaito

To be fair, he was swapimg between some long axe yoke and that scytle. He owned me so fast, that I had no chance to look at it. The other thing: why I couldn't even touch him?! I presume he was in heavy armor, but I got that long rapier type weapon which is for such sort of targets.

I wish this would come to PC but I know it'll never happen :(

I am pure pc head and I still got it for ps3 m8 :). I could wait, but **** that, 17eu for ps3 version was just way to tempting. I would even say: it's worth buying ps3 for it. I always say controler is shiet, but dark souls has the best controller setup ever, it flipping works :D. Even such controller noob like me can pull off some awesome stuff!

To be fair, he was swapimg between some long axe yoke and that scytle. He owned me so fast, that I had no chance to look at it. The other thing: why I couldn't even touch him?! I presume he was in heavy armor, but I got that long rapier type weapon which is for such sort of targets.

A lot of the time in PVP hits just don't register, so it could look like your about to hit them, and suddenly you're being backstabbed, the online isn't the best in Dark Souls. The only thing for him to gain is Humanity, and a meager amount of souls.

Blightown can go and **** itself.

This zone alone makes me want to quit this game. Not because it's hard, but because it's cheap. Frame rate is all over the place, Agro of monsters is all over the place. The bonfire between each other are ****ing idiocy. Got all the way down to and tried to go somewhere... All poisoned up with those little shirts flying around. Lightning area is so poor that you barely can see what's in from of you. I am not even talking about big assholes with stones.
    Got all the way to some sort of ladder and wheel lift thing. There was message of bonfire near by, but nothing there. So went up and got arse ****ed by 3 spitting poison assholes. Nice one...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Blightown can go and **** itself.

This zone alone makes me want to quit this game. Not because it's hard, but because it's cheap. Frame rate is all over the place, Agro of monsters is all over the place. The bonfire between each other are ****ing idiocy. Got all the way down to and tried to go somewhere... All poisoned up with those little shirts flying around. Lightning area is so poor that you barely can see what's in from of you. I am not even talking about big assholes with stones.
    Got all the way to some sort of ladder and wheel lift thing. There was message of bonfire near by, but nothing there. So went up and got arse ****ed by 3 spitting poison assholes. Nice one...

Guessing you never played Demons Souls and it's Valley of Defilement? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

blighttown was terribad, but thought tomb of the ancients was worse

something to look forward to lol

• Advertisement

It's not that it is very hard. It's just plain crap. Frame rate droping, very little light. Very confusing enviroment.
    Where do I even need to go? I got all the way down and found bonfire in tunnel. I got humanity up and kindled it up, I don't bother walking 2 steps from bonfire when alive, I will get invaded in next 3 mins anyway. So got invaded, but I bet it was npc maybe? It was thick as **** so I steam rolled him. Then started climbing up the other way and then just sliped on some branch... Awesome...

Btw targeting in this place is totally broken. Terrain is so uneven so it messes up lock in very badly. Most death I have here are because of games engine problems then hardness level.

So plain and simple: where the deck I need to go? Or will be soon level 5 million, just BECOUSE of wondering around in this place. Do I need to explore more this bottom place? As when I was going up by that wheel, I had a feeling that I am going back again, as messages all over place suggest me going the way I came.

Advertisement