Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

eddhorse wrote: »
    Ah the Titanite Demon, took me a few lives alright, a lot of people say to use ranged weapons, I had bow and arrows to get him down a bit, then had to go melee with my sword, close fight, just beat him.
    Use the cover !!
    The Titanite Demon has a bit of a blind spot. If you get close to him and try to stay behind his right arm you'll be able to attack without him hitting you. You'll need to keep strafing as he's turning so you are always in the blind spot. He'll eventually jump to face you and you just need to repeat the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

well... where do i start...

grinded some souls and got +3 on light crossbow and 80 bolts. killed that headless lighting lizzard bastard.
    i started working my way up back as i did not explored properly the church. got up there and got raped by gargoyle... nice...

i found full set of leather armour too. WHY THE **** ON EARTH I AM USING HEAVY ARMOR?!?! I am just wondering if its worth it to reroll now, or just keep going as knight, but work around with leather.

then i got myself alive and put down some kindling to get 10 pots. brinded few more souls and got a lovely message: you have been invaded. well lovely i thought, then i got fist fecked by some knob in a monk suit who just electricuted me in one opening and droped my hp to 5%. lovely, now i lost souls, lost life and died small bit inside.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,859 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

No point re-rolling, it's only important for the start of the game then you can level up anyway you want.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

How do you beat the Catacombs? I always end up getting slaughtered by the titanite demon. The one time I didn't, a black knight got me.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,859 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pretty sure all the titanite demon's are optional. If you are in the section in the underground catacombs there shoudl be a destroyed section of wall you can get through before the titanite demon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,249 ✭✭✭✭noodler

How do you beat the Catacombs? I always end up getting slaughtered by the titanite demon. The one time I didn't, a black knight got me.

1st thing is you don't have to kill that Titanite demon.

The path to the next section is actually a hole in the wrong on your right before you reach the Titanite (as you must know already if you reached the Bloack knight).

Kill the two skeletons first before dropping down to the Black Knight. From there you'll be in a big open area that you need to be very careful in (won't ruin it for you just make sure you run and don't run in straight lines).

if i understand correctly there are 2 places where i can go from start? up and down?

well i am going up so far... in a way :D

You can also go backwards into the catacombs. Not advisable without a divine weapon though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I have a divine weapon thankfully. That's useful about the Titanite demon but I ended up in a room with a black knight, 2 skeletons and a necromancer (who I managed to kill).

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

That knight's got me about 6 times in a row. Anyone any ideas?

Just got him!! Dropped down and one of the exploding heads got him and missed me somehow!!!

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,249 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Whats the problem?

Are you facing him in isolation after you drop down?

Make sure you are facing him when you fall, hold shield and keep flanking him until he eventually attempts a hit that misses you completely (i.e. that doesn't even hit your shield) then you can backstab him.

Rinse and repeat.

Just got him!! Dropped down and one of the exploding heads got him and missed me somehow!!!
    You don't need to fight him btw, don't drop down the hole there should be a ladder there which takes you straight down to the archers with the necromancer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭johnners2981

Anyone around level 26 to help me with Ornstein and Smough?

There's no summon signs but I've been invaded a few times so there must be people that level about

Anyone around level 26 to help me with Ornstein and Smough?

There's no summon signs but I've been invaded a few times so there must be people that level about
    Are you deliberately trying to keep your Soul Level down? If not level to about SL40 and you'll find a rake of soul signs. You'll always find lower-level invaders as they usually deliberately build characters with low SL but high powered gear making them invincible to most.

penev10 wrote: »
    Are you deliberately trying to keep your Soul Level down? If not level to about SL40 and you'll find a rake of soul signs. You'll always find lower-level invaders as they usually deliberately build characters with low SL but high powered gear making them invincible to most.

Yeah trying to keep it low enough cause ng+ is supposed to be tougher the higher your level and still not sure what type of character I want.

Anyways beat them myself with solaire, wanted ornsteins soul though but I can't beat his second form :(

Yeah trying to keep it low enough cause ng+ is supposed to be tougher the higher your level and still not sure what type of character I want.

Anyways beat them myself with solaire, wanted ornsteins soul though but I can't beat his second form :(
    Didn't hear that about NG+ I think it just increases the enemies HP and ATK/DEF by 15-25%. According to the official guide anyway. NG+ is actually quite handy really bar one or two bosses so I wouldn't worry about it.

Increasing END and then VIT should be your priority if you haven't decided what kind of build you want yet. You really should try and keep a higher level if you want to get the most from the online aspects.

Although respect for killing O&S at SL26 with just Solaire:cool:

well i am off to play some dark souls, i feel like getting raped.. and misses is not even at home yet.

see you in a bit, i will be licking my wounds.

Lads, just a fast one while I am playing: can you sell ****? Or am I horsing all swords and armors for nothing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Lads, just a fast one while I am playing: can you sell ****? Or am I horsing all swords and armors for nothing?

Not exactly. There is a character that buys stuff off you later in the game, but for next to nothing.

You can also get a "Box" that you can put stuff in at any bonfire, again a little later in the game. It's handy for when you want to keep weapons for specific areas etc. The less stuff "on yoU" the easier it is to change weapons quickly

well i am proud of myself today! killed 2 knights and gargoyles on top of the church, i rang that damn bell, but i have no idea what it did. then farmed some souls and upgraded my weapon and crossbow to +4, got good few bolts and went down deep to that forest part. killed some weird crystal dudes and then sow something far away and very big!
    i legged i, because i had 3k souls and did not waste all that by just being curious.
    misses came back home and i had to shut down ps3 :(

• Advertisement

That's the first of two bells, the second bell changes things up.

You've a good few options, continue through the forest (doing so will teach net you a lot more than 3k souls, so don't worry), or go back to the bridge with the Dragon, there's a door near where you first found Solaire that you can open to the Lower Undead area, and eventually, the Second Bell... eventually

That's the first of two bells, the second bell changes things up.

You've a good few options, continue through the forest (doing so will teach net you a lot more than 3k souls, so don't worry), or go back to the bridge with the Dragon, there's a door near where you first found Solaire that you can open to the Lower Undead area, and eventually, the Second Bell... eventually

i have to say: i really dislike all this forest setting. lots of empty spaces, very washed out looking place :(. on the bottom of that "hole" i found a bonfire and a lift going waaaaaaaaay down. where the hell that leads me? there were few blue dragons, but my grapes are not big enough to go and pet them...

It may seem that way now, but that Forest has charms you have yet to encounter! It's a playground of PvP fighting

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Haha he said grapes !!

I Didn't go down any further than the butterfly, all the way back up to the red dragon on the bridge, and those fast dead dogs ! Had to google that door, never would have found it...
    Good work ShadowHearth, progress !!

This is probably the best site if you get stuck:
    http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/

This is great for planning a character build:
    http://darksouls.itsthatguy.com/

Lets you mess about like this:
    191075.JPG

Save file corrupted, nearly cried at having to manually delete it. 2 characters and 60+ hours gone. Don't know if I have the energy to start afresh, the thought of going through blighttown again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Save file corrupted, nearly cried at having to manually delete it. 2 characters and 60+ hours gone. Don't know if I have the energy to start afresh, the thought of going through blighttown again :(

Sorry to hear it lad, start again i say,blighttown isnt that bad.

Oh dear:( know the feeling, got the YLOD and lost about 150 hours with 3 characters.

Pick the Master Key as your gift and you can sneak into Blighttown the back way (via New Londo/Valley of the Drakes) thus avoiding the annoying journey down past the Depths. You can literally leave the Firelink shrine and have Quelaag killed within 15mins!

Well, I am off for some rape. Got some time before misses back home! C ya in a bit :D

• Advertisement

Okay. Met some big metal dudes which give 600 souls. Right behind them I met some sort of butterfly? I one shoted that armature! Light crossbow +5 like a boss! :D

Opened watchtower and got one shoted myself... That was cheap blow! Anyway looks like it it me back to that main bonfire. I was really used to blacksmith bonfire :(. Handy to spend souls before exploring. Went to that place mentioned before ( by the red dragon ). Was easy and opened that sewers shortcut too.

Unfortunately got Lille d by some goat looking. Dual wielding prick surrounded by dogs :(. Really tight space to fight that prick! Will have to resume it tommorow.

Btw lads I found some amber and that blacksmith took it. He can craft Devine weapons out of +5 weapons? I don't have any green titanite :( got 3 blue, but no green :(. Are those divine weapons good?

Advertisement