Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

penev10 wrote: »
    Get thee to the Giant Blacksmith and get Quelaags Furysword. Excellent mid-level weapon for DEX characters.

BTW dont level up too much beyond 45 as it will be harder to summon helpers for the Anor Londo bosses.

Giant blacksmith? Where is he? I only met the one before hate and the one in a cell.

I got big/huge amber. Do I give it to blacksmith too? Will I be able to forge some other weapons?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Giant blacksmith? Where is he? I only met the one before hate and the one in a cell.

I got big/huge amber. Do I give it to blacksmith too? Will I be able to forge some other weapons?
    Giant Blacksmith is in Anor Londo past Sens Fortress. Andre beside the

Undead Parish church takes the Large Ember off you to make better standard weapons (+6 to +10)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭OldManJenkin

The Giant Blacksmith is in Anor Londo, which comes after Sen's Fortress. Embers can be given to blacksmiths ( Different blacksmiths use different embers ), which all allow weapons to be modified in some way, I think the ember you found allows weapons to progress past +5, to +10, using large titanite shards, and another one later allows weapons to +15. Other embers allow weapons to become Divine, Chaos, Fire etc.

thanks lads.... to be honest it looks like i havent even scratched the surface of this game... :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's the game that keeps on giving :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's the game that keeps on giving :)
    No its a destroyer of controllers and sanity :p

No its a destroyer of controllers and sanity :p

funny enough... those ps3 controllers are quite sturdy... its not like i threw it in to the wall above TV after third death and third lost humanity on spider boss in blightown... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Gave up trying to beat four kings as level 1 - beat them at 6 with the extra attunement slots ... however ...

I presume the MP (on xbox) has been hacked to pieces? When I invade people's worlds as a level 6 I presume I should be invading SL 5/6/7 ?

Toons in worlds I'm invading are rocking all kinds of 30/50 faith spells - huge axes and shields with 30+ str requirements and seem to have massive HP (400 damage doesn't move their bar much). I can't see how this is possible on the levels I should be facing?

Is the PS/3 any better in terms of stopping hacking, or have the invasion rules been changed and I'm invading much higher chars or is the MP on xbox just hacked?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

I've just gotten to four kings on SL 75 and I find them rock hard! No way I'd even think about doing it on sl 1!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

pH wrote: »
    Gave up trying to beat four kings as level 1 - beat them at 6 with the extra attunement slots ... however ...

I presume the MP (on xbox) has been hacked to pieces? When I invade people's worlds as a level 6 I presume I should be invading SL 5/6/7 ?

Toons in worlds I'm invading are rocking all kinds of 30/50 faith spells - huge axes and shields with 30+ str requirements and seem to have massive HP (400 damage doesn't move their bar much). I can't see how this is possible on the levels I should be facing?

Is the PS/3 any better in terms of stopping hacking, or have the invasion rules been changed and I'm invading much higher chars or is the MP on xbox just hacked?

When you invade someones game it can be anyone above your SL. Be they the same or 200 levels above you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Just beat the gaping dragon, easiest boss yet but terrifying at first :)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭gammon_steak

How do you use those Titanite Shards? I've a load of them and whenever i'm at a blacksmith and try to select them the "Use Item" is greyed out. :confused:

How do you use those Titanite Shards? I've a load of them and whenever i'm at a blacksmith and try to select them the "Use Item" is greyed out. :confused:
    Talk to the blacksmith. On the menu you'll see upgrade weapon, upgrade armour, repair equipment etc. Picking upgrade brings up a list of weapons or armour and shows you how much it costs to improve it. All basic weapons and armour can be upgraded with regular titanite, other equipment might require twinkling titianite/demon titanite etc.

I must have been using them so. I've upgraded some weapons but thought it was just using souls to do so. Must have been using the shards.

Thanks.

I must have been using them so. I've upgraded some weapons but thought it was just using souls to do so. Must have been using the shards.

Thanks.
    The weapons/armour will still show on the upgrade menu even if you dont have the souls/titanite to upgrade them. They wont show when they've been fully upgraded or require ascension (to Magic/Divine etc.) to be upgraded further. Check the last menu option (cant remember what it's called, ascend weapon?) to see if any of your stuff shows up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,183 ✭✭✭✭noodler

The menus, upgrading etc still needs a bit of work but at least it is a million times better than the Demons Souls Clusterfcuk of a system.

noodler wrote: »
    If you use that humanity and get your body back then outside the bossroom you can find Solatire's summon sign on the left hand stairs in the hall (the stairs leading to the balcony).

Very useful to have the distraction. Probably the best boss fight in the game I have to say. Love the music, the stlye everything.

This turned out to be a lot easier. I reversed hollowing and there was a summon sign right beside the bonfire so I had this guy go through the whole level with me and he ploughed through them all :D
    I was keeping my last humanity but I should have used it sooner in hindsight as I was almost ready to give up on the game. Nice surprise after killing the Anor bosses.
    Warping to other bonfires
    . Did that make the game much easier all of a sudden?

Did that make the game much easier all of a sudden?
    There are still some very tough moments ahead. You're probably more accustomed to the game now so it probably will feel a bit less intimidating, especially if you've levelled up effectively. But there are a few bosses which will test you even more than O&S.

I actually feel the game got a whole lot easier after Anor bosses too. I managed to kill the Catacombs boss without needing a single estus blast. I think maxing my black knight sword has helped a lot too - most enemies fall after 1-3 hits. I have to say it feels like a totally different game since then. To get more humanity go to the sunlight alter bonfire in undeadburg. You can easily farm for it then from the rats down the ladder close by.

Issac wrote: »
    I actually feel the game got a whole lot easier after Anor bosses too. I managed to kill the Catacombs boss without needing a single estus blast. I think maxing my black knight sword has helped a lot too - most enemies fall after 1-3 hits. I have to say it feels like a totally different game since then. To get more humanity go to the sunlight alter bonfire in undeadburg. You can easily farm for it then from the rats down the ladder close by.

In fairness Pinwheel is a joke of a boss.

Things will get more interesting in Tomb of the Giants and the New Londo Ruins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,942 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

true about pinwheel, i had him killed in a matter of seconds , i think i just ignored the decoys and ran straight for him 2 handed !!

it does get much harder in the tomb of the giants
    i killed the two lads with the monk who sells the faith spells in the firelink shire. are these the 2 that appear in the tomb of the giants, because they caused me some hassle my first playthrough

Cool. Just heading into Lost Izlith. Solaire is still around - sitting depressed in the Demon Ruins shortcut. Here we go!

2smiggy wrote: »
    true about pinwheel, i had him killed in a matter of seconds , i think i just ignored the decoys and ran straight for him 2 handed !!

it does get much harder in the tomb of the giants
    i killed the two lads with the monk who sells the faith spells in the firelink shire. are these the 2 that appear in the tomb of the giants, because they caused me some hassle my first playthrough

They certainly are.
    Issac wrote: »
    Cool. Just heading into Lost Izlith. Solaire is still around - sitting depressed in the Demon Ruins shortcut. Here we go!

I hope you haven't gone from Catacombs to Lost Izlith?

I hope you haven't gone from Catacombs to Lost Izlith?[/QUOTE]

Ya I did it backwards - Catacombs then New Londo then onto Demon Ruins and into Lost Izalith. Only Tomb of Giants left now and then onto Kiln. NG+ then I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I had started to play this on my brothers PS3 but had to give it back. I just picked up a xbox 360 really cheap but the reason it was so cheap was because it was banned from xbox live. Is it worth buying this game if I can't patch it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

tuxy wrote: »
    Is it worth buying this game if I can't patch it?

Absolutely yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭HATCHET IRL

whats a good weapon for new game plus? bout to start it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Kiith wrote: »
    Absolutely yes.

Good :) Last time I played before the patches came out and I gimped my character by putting lots of points in dex. So I will just have to be careful and probably build a magic character right?

whats a good weapon for new game plus? bout to start it

I'm just setting myself up for NG+ too. Have a strength based character so I've gone for lightening Deamon Machete, fire Man-Serpant sword, chaos Great Axe, Black Knight Sword and Axe and a lightening spear. I have ascended my Zweihander another Man-Serpant and a Claymore. Think I'm covered! What type of stats does your character have?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

I decided to go for a type of weapon I never use to get divine and go through the catacombs with, so I made a Divine +5 Estoc. I don't think I'll be using those again.

Advertisement