Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish rebel music

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

If you think the Irish rebel music is crap then don't comment It is a part of Irish culture so get of ur high horse u snotty nosed orange pr**ks

So what, not liking rebel music automatically makes one an Orangeman or a unionist? Also, I think you'll find everybody has the right to comment, seeing as this is a thread on that particular subject.

I bet ur 1 of doze people who are loyal to the old bag called the queen . No one needs u slagging irish music and as a member of Ireland's free state I have the right to talk freely And set u orange c**ts straight

You better return to under that rock you came from, otherwise some 'orange c unt' might steal it from you;)

I like rebel music. I've seen the Wolfe Tones live and a couple of rebel bands in Glasgow when I've been to watch Celtic. One of the bands in Glasgow I saw who sang more recent rebel songs actually went on in paramilitary uniform.

I've enjoyed watching them all. A good drink is often had and the place is usually buzzing. :cool:

And what, you find that okay?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    Should have reported it to the police. Could have been a dissident trying to recruit Scottish Celtic fans to join.

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Should have reported it to the police. Could have been a dissident trying to recruit Scottish Celtic fans to join.

Bit unlikely Keith to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Yeah, or it could have been Bin Laden under that balaclava. Jesus Christ, you don't do yourself or your side any favours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Blazer wrote: »
    And that's the reason I hate rebel music because it tends to attract idiots..mindless idiots at that.
    I can understand people liking it and to each their own but then we have comments like above that justify my view of people that enjoy it.;)

And other music does not attract idiots and mindless idiots at that and how can that posters personnel view justify your generalising of people who genuinely like it ?

So what, not liking rebel music automatically makes one an Orangeman or a unionist? Also, I think you'll find everybody has the right to comment, seeing as this is a thread on that particular subject.

And everyone who likes to listen to rebel music doesn't make them IRA supporters, I love banna strand and the wests awake myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Cringe.
    oh jesus christ

:D

I don't really think anything of it to be honest. I found it quite remarkable as I've never heard of a rebel band doing that before but it doesn't offend me no. I'm not particularly politically minded, I just enjoy some of the music.

I'm a young lad in my early 20s living in England. I have a hobby of getting tanked up on lager with my friends having a sing song and going to the football which a lot of friends my age like to do. Report away Keith if you must ;) :rolleyes:

realies wrote: »
    And everyone who likes to listen to rebel music doesn't make them IRA supporters, I love banna strand and the wests awake myself.

Good for you. I never suggested otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Yeah, or it could have been Bin Laden under that balaclava. Jesus Christ, you don't do yourself or your side any favours.
    We have been reading reports in the papers of the dissidents looking to Scotland to recruit people. So it isn't out of the question. There is videos on youtube of dissidents in halls making short speeches.

It is a fair question. Should have reported it to the police IMO.

I don't really think anything of it to be honest. I found it quite remarkable as I've never heard of a rebel band doing that before but it doesn't offend me no. I'm not particularly politically minded, I just enjoy some of the music.

To be honest with you I think it's kinda offensive

Your not very good at the jokes keith, keep to what you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

I wouldnt be offended but as an irish person and trad musician I would just be horribly embarrased

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

I accept some people find it offensive, I'm not going to argue with you. It doesn't offend me personally. I'd rather not get dragged into the Northern Ireland political situation with KeithAFC currently lurking about and myself being rather ambivalent and tired of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

I bet ur 1 of doze people who are loyal to the old bag called the queen . No one needs u slagging irish music and as a member of Ireland's free state I have the right to talk freely And set u orange c**ts straight

Why does the queen even come into it? You're doing your own argument more harm than good spouting nonsense like this. And you tell other people to stop expressing their points, then point out you have the right to talk freely? Brilliant. You couldn't make this up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

I wouldnt be offended but as an irish person and trad musician I would just be horribly embarrased
    Yeah, pretty much my sentiments. It's down there with burning Union Jacks on Hill 16, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

realies wrote: »
    And other music does not attract idiots and mindless idiots at that and how can that posters personnel view justify your generalising of people who genuinely like it ?

Of course other music attracts idiots...look at rap for god's sake :D
    And notice that I said it attracts a lot of lot of idiots which the Op proved but I also said there's always genuine people who like it as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

If you think the Irish rebel music is crap then don't comment It is a part of Irish culture so get of ur high horse u snotty nosed orange pr**ks

Banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Its all a bit 1960s this thread....

and most case's piss's me off...

seriously know one cares about weather you the minority of you hate the queen think all english people should die etc...

But how many of you walk around with Man u Liver pool, Chelsea or gooners football jerseys, your hypocritical selectively forgetful its all a bit put on really :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Snowie wrote: »
    Its all a bit 1960s this thread....

and most case's piss's me off...

seriously know one cares about weather you the minority of you hate the queen think all english people should die etc...

But how many of you walk around with Man u Liver pool, Chelsea or gooners football jerseys, your hypocritical selectively forgetful its all a bit put on really :pac:

Ah but you see that's different.

Apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭eirekielthy

anyone who is sayin irish music is offensive dont listen to it its there and its never ever going away get over it

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭eirekielthy

Tickle your fancey is serious look up on youtube

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

^^ is this a haiku?

Tickle your fancey is serious look up on youtube

Good to see you back to your old coherent self

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

This was written by Bobby Sands. Sang by Ciaran Murphy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

FearDark wrote: »
    In fairness. Its awful shíte.

traitor/west brit etc

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

nice_very wrote: »
    traitor/west brit etc

In all honesty I think its utter ****e as well and I'm 100% Irish. It's not my style of music at all but I'm very tolerant of other people's likes and beliefs. The same can't be said for alot of people on this message board.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

In all honesty I think its utter ****e as well and I'm 100% Irish. It's not my style of music at all but I'm very tolerant of other people's likes and beliefs. The same can't be said for alot of people on this message board.

deftlefthand, you dont like it.. grand, but those who offend those of us who do like it, are just opening yourselves to the same level of abuse that "trad/folk" people are getting

I would tell you to "take it down" but I doubt you would know what that refers to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

nice_very wrote: »
    deftlefthand, you dont like it.. grand, but those who offend those of us who do like it, are just opening yourselves to the same level of abuse that "trad/folk" people are getting

I would tell you to "take it down" but I doubt you would know what that refers to

No I don't know what that refers to man. I'm not trying to offend you because you like trad music, we all have our different tastes and that's cool you like it and I don't but that doesn't give you the right to make sweeping genrealisation's that such folk who dislike it are of the Unionist persuasion.

My main point was not to do with you directly but with Boards.ie as a whole, I've found the levels of intolerance and bias on this site appalling in recent months.

Advertisement