Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish rebel music

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

nice_very wrote: »
    traitor/west brit etc

Give it a rest. I've met your kind before, I bet you couldn't string together a sentence in Irish if your life depended on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

nice_very wrote: »
    FearDark wrote: »
    In fairness. Its awful shíte.

traitor/west brit etc
    Oh dear
    I also don't like anything that's came out of Louis Walsh's stable
    You possible think if you want to be Irish you have to be catholic too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

re: "stringing together" a sentance in Irish, how many of you can sing/know the words to the national anthem?

I never said anything about being catholic.. I'm not, I actually dont believe in fairy stories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Good to hear you don't believe in fairy stores :)
    But I personally never liked it, I don't like Justin bieber as well along with Daniel o donnell

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

Rebel music equals historically incorrect sh**e, nothing more than incitement to hatred, its not banned but it should be.
    Those who sing rebel songs are the those who would fight to the last drop of everyone elses blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,970 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

^^^^

The above post equals incorrect sh**e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

lividduck wrote: »
    Rebel music equals historically incorrect sh**e, nothing more than incitement to hatred, its not banned but it should be.
    Those who sing rebel songs are the those who would fight to the last drop of everyone elses blood.

Historically incorrect? Do we not now live in a free nation due to the actions of the men that are recorded in these songs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

^^^^

The above post equals incorrect sh**e

Wouldn't even answer it to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

Historically incorrect? Do we not now live in a free nation due to the actions of the men that are recorded in these songs?
    A free nation? eh I dont think so, we pawned our freedom rember, and btw the likes of that extreme catolic reactionary Sean South had nothing whatsoever to do with the winning of Irish Independence, neither had a lot of those who are sung about.

• Advertisement

lividduck wrote: »
    A free nation? eh I dont think so, we pawned our freedom rember, and btw the likes of that extreme catolic reactionary Sean South had nothing whatsoever to do with the winning of Irish Independence, neither had a lot of those who are sung about.

LOL! I await Eire Óg and the Wolfe Tones to start singing songs about the IMF!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

LOL! I await Eire Óg and the Wolfe Tones to start singing songs about the IMF!
    :pac:

"They came and took our sovereignty"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

chin_grin wrote: »
    It had a time and a place. It doesn't anymore as people that it was relevant to are (fortunately) dying off. :pac:

ya, same as them two....who was it again......oh ya, martin luther king, and rosa parks. So 60's. Forget it :o

KeithAFC wrote: »
    :pac:

"They came and took our sovereignty"

DEY TUK ER SOVEREIGNITY! DURKA DUR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

For all of you out there who like rebel music like myself I found this great site that plays all the rebel favourites link; www.rebs.fm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    Give it a rest. I've met your kind before, I bet you couldn't string together a sentence in Irish if your life depended on it.

you know nothing about me, where I came from, where I have been, what I believe in, with that in mind, tell me..... what "kind" am I

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I like trad. And there's plenty of it on certain radio stations.
    I dislike rebel songs, by and large because they're badly written by political hacks. There's little enough of it on the radio. Thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Now this isnt really a rebel song, but its a class folk ballad about the smuggling of tin over the border, class bodhran playing and mighty Dublin singer the Late great Liam Weldon.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Advertisement