Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,656 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

lizt wrote: »
    I seem to be the only one who actually likes Leeanne? I know she cheated on him but in fairness she's put up with a lot from Peter. She's a great mum to Simon and a good influence in Peter's life. It's not that I dislike Carla, it's just that she's not good for Peter - she still has a drinking problem and she's not going to care about Simon.

I like Leanne also and think she is a better match for Peter than Carla they have way more chemistry and she is a great mum to Simon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Leanne is a former hooker and has had an affair on Peter not much longer than 12 months ago.

She deserves everything she gets tbh.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Blatter wrote: »
    Leanne is a former hooker and has had an affair on Peter not much longer than 12 months ago.

And Peter is a former bigamist with an ongoing drinking problem due to a selfish streak a mile wide, who has cheated now on Leanne with two different women, while leaving her to look after his son.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Carla slept with her brother in law, she's not exactly an angel either ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

iguana wrote: »
    And Peter is a former bigamist with an ongoing drinking problem due to a selfish streak a mile wide, who has cheated now on Leanne with two different women, while leaving her to look after his son.

WHo was the other person Peter slept with?

Tbh, they sound like the new Ken and Dreary.

• Advertisement

syklops wrote: »

Michelle and some other one dont remember her name

syklops wrote: »

The first time Peter went to rehab he snuck out after a few days and spent the next few weeks on a yacht on the Med with some woman called Christina, while Leanne helped look after Simon. After a few weeks Peter came back after his time in rehab should have been over, claiming it had been a great place and he was all better now, then Christina showed up looking for him and told Leanne all about their affair.

He and Leanne broke up for a while (Jane Danson was due on maternity leave and then once she was back at work) Simon's rabbit who he called Leanne died and Peter went looking for (human) Leanne in Leeds and talked her back into the relationship. He'd also had a fling with Michelle while Leanne was gone, which wasn't cheating, but he lied to Leanne about it when she asked him who he'd been with during their time apart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

True, they are all as bad as each other. I have zero sympathy for any of them at the moment. I only feel sorry for Simon for being caught in the middle of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Yes she is but she picked her life up and turned it around, she didnt sink deeper into that life and for that she should be applauded!

I love leanne in it, she is a fantastic mother to Simon and that poor kid is going to be devastated :( Did leanne ever legally adopt simon? Bet in a few weeks leanne will discover she is pregnant for Peter :D

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

I only feel sorry for Simon for being caught in the middle of it all.

I feel sorry for all soap children

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

I never liked Peter and Leanne as a couple. Zero chemistry. I hope Carla and Peter hang in there.

Leanne and Steve anyone...?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I can't stand Carla. She's a long miserable streak of cynicism. Don't think much of Peter, either. They deserve eachother.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

bijapos wrote: »
    T - W - A - T

Right across his forehead.

Much as I like the guy, he is so deep in the crap right now. Carla is a right catch but he was doing so well with Leanne and more importantly he had somewhere stable for Simon.

How about P E R S I S T E N T A D U L T E R E R tattooed down the length of his willie? When at rest, it would just reveal his name P E T E R. At other times, it would serve as a timely warning to would-be partners.

I think this makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭jos28

Oliverdog wrote: »
    How about P E R S I S T E N T A D U L T E R E R tattooed down the length of his willie? When at rest, it would just reveal his name P E T E R. At other times, it would serve as a timely warning to would-be partners.

I think this makes sense.

Sounds painful :eek::eek:

Didnt Carla also kinda push/encourage Leanne into the affair with Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭d1975

From insidesoap magazine on Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/insidesoap

Terry Duckworth is coming back to the cobbles

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Didnt Carla also kinda push/encourage Leanne into the affair with Nick

Yeah so she could have Peter

Simon crying after Leanne was sad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭noveltea

Poor Simon.It was really sad there tonight. Did not like the way Sally announced it in the pub either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

hi I missed it tonight, would some one please tell me the court case verdict please? Thanks:)

• Advertisement

Lisha wrote: »
    hi I missed it tonight, would some one please tell me the court case verdict please? Thanks:)

No verdict yet
    but apparently Frank gets off

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Thanks, all set for tomorrow night so:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

The acting in the scenes tonight between Leanne and Peter was excellent, brilliant episode I thought. The little howl that came out of Simon at the very end was heart rending, even a bit disturbing.

I've got to question the purpose of the charachter of Mary though. Firstly why wasn't she at the trial when its the kind of stuff she thrives on, and her glee at the end when she knew someone was in trouble isn't on either. She would have been pulled back and told to STFU in any ordinary working class pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Simon crying after Leanne was sad :(
    where is Leanne gone? is she leaving the show?

bijapos wrote: »
    The acting in the scenes tonight between Leanne and Peter was excellent, brilliant episode I thought. The little howl that came out of Simon at the very end was heart rending, even a bit disturbing.

The one thing that's great about about this storyline, as much as I'm not a fan of love triangles, is that Jane Danson, Chris Gascoigne, Alison King and even little Alex Bain are by far and away the best actors on the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Oh my God, I am in tears here after watching that. The poor, poor wee mite! My unsympathetic hubbie rewound it three times to laugh at my distress:(. Says he's going to keep the last picture of the wee lad as our dvd screen saver. Can you imagine?

Fcuk sake what an absolute a*hole that Peter Titface is!!!!! What's he planning to do? Move in with Carla in her feckin' brothel-like flat??? Can you see her helping Simon with his homework and her skulling the massive glasses of wine? What a pair of dicks!!! And what about that 'you can't blame Carla, we tried to fight it' pile of sh*t??? She's been chasing him this fcukin' ages!

Oh and I thought Sally was beginning to show a conscience by saying she felt sorry for Leanne, then she goes in and smugly declares it in the pub. How the fcuk would she've felt if someone had done that on her when Kevin was having his jollies with Molly??? I feckin hate her!!

The one thing that's great about about this storyline, as much as I'm not a fan of love triangles, is that Jane Danson, Chris Gascoigne, Alison King and even little Alex Bain are by far and away the best actors on the show.

I agree on Jane, Chris and little Alex but not a fan of Alison King dont think she is a good actress slightly better than the ones who play Maria and Tracey imo

Stella should have called the police on Carla

I agree on Jane, Chris and little Alex but not a fan of Alison King dont think she is a good actress slightly better than the ones who play Maria and Tracey imo

I didn't rate her too much until she started playing a drunk and she does a decent drunk which is one of the hardest things to act. Gascoigne does an utterly fantastic drunk though. There is just a weird subtle thing he does with his brow that makes him look so like the slightly devolved human that alcoholics often look like when they are pissed.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

Oh my god poor little simon! Made me tear up! Definitely one to watch in the future, even his facial expressions looked so genuine. His parents should be so so proud of him he's a little star! *simon love overload*

• Advertisement

Oh my god poor little simon! Made me tear up! Definitely one to watch in the future, even his facial expressions looked so genuine. His parents should be so so proud of him he's a little star! *simon love overload*

we're all guilty of it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement