Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I thought the last scene was dead scary. I would've soiled myself if I'd been Carla to look out the window and see Frank lurking in the chair there like your man in the rocking chair in Salem's Lot (if anyone else remembers the 70's mini series:eek:). His eyes were pure black with evilness. Have they no locks on that factory door ffs??!

Steve's idea was totally brainless. How could you listen to her yammering through the paper thin wall day in, day out...and where was he sitting? it was like a big cardboard box. Silly set that. These situations where people are stuck at a stalemate go on all the time in Corrie, I hate them. Like Emily up the tree that time....and Jack and Vera were stuck in their bedroom or something that other time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Simon is an absolutely brilliant little :) actor,he tells Peter a few home truths :P fair play.That storyline with Steve and Tracy is a bit lame, how stupid :(.Sallys charactor is pompos to the extreme.I cant wait to see her humiliation :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

isn't there a downstairs front room in those houses? I seem to recall in Sally and Kevins old house he was sent in there to sleep on the sofa after a row and Ken and Dreary have mentioned a front room so why didn't Steve take the upstairs in the house? that way all he would be missing is a kitchen and he could have used the Rovers kitchen then Tracey and Amy would have a kitchen and downstairs room but no toilet but if I remember correctly Dreary and Ken have an outside toilet so they could have popped round to theirs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

Posy wrote: »
    What the hell kind of parent acts like that!!? :mad:

Dysfunctional ones?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

casio4 wrote: »
    isn't there a downstairs front room in those houses? I seem to recall in Sally and Kevins old house he was sent in there to sleep on the sofa after a row and Ken and Dreary have mentioned a front room so why didn't Steve take the upstairs in the house? that way all he would be missing is a kitchen and he could have used the Rovers kitchen then Tracey and Amy would have a kitchen and downstairs room but no toilet but if I remember correctly Dreary and Ken have an outside toilet so they could have popped round to theirs :D

Steve woke up in the front room earlier in the week. Which was the first time the front room had been seen since the Websters lived there. The Peacocks never used it and Chris slept there for most of Lloyd's tenure. And all the houses, except no 7 which was rebuilt in the 80s, have outside toilets.

• Advertisement

iguana wrote: »
    Steve woke up in the front room earlier in the week. Which was the first time the front room had been seen since the Websters lived there. The Peacocks never used it and Chris slept there for most of Lloyd's tenure. And all the houses, except no 7 which was rebuilt in the 80s, have outside toilets.
    wow, you really know your stuff ;)

wow, you really know your stuff ;)

When it comes to a soap I'm not sure if that's much of a compliment.:o

When it comes to a soap I'm not sure if that's much of a compliment.:o
    trust me, it is a compliment we all have something in life we enjoy and Corrie has always been one of my favourite things to watch through the years, it's not as good as it used to be but I still love it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

Coronation Street floor plan

CoronationStreethouses1985.jpg

More here: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1419918

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

mb1725 wrote: »

It's kind of sad that I could go through each of those houses and name all the occupants.... As I'm sure most of the people on here could!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Hasn't he sold the Rovers to Karl and Stella. Weren't they celebrating it or something the day of his wedding. Don't think they'd be too happy, Steve popping in every second.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

lizt wrote: »
    It's kind of sad that I could go through each of those houses and name all the occupants.... As I'm sure most of the people on here could!!

Yes. Name them, and in many cases, shame them. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I'm guessing he "says things", rather than does things to Sally. Unless he does things to someone else...

Yeah like:

Frank:"Sally, do you want to play the rape game?"
    Sally:"er, no, I dont think Id be into that"
    Frank:"Oh good, your already in character"
    Sally:"Frank, I said no"
    Frank:"Where have I heard that before? Oh yeah Maria. And Carla too come to think of it. Could you not be more original Sally? What is it the doctor says? Oh yes, you'll just feel a small prick..."

lizt wrote: »

Its not sad that you could do that with the current characters.

It is a bit sad that I could do it for almost every character going back for about 20 years.

And my mother could probably do it for about the last 40 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

mb1725 wrote: »

I thought 13 was a bit bigger, it has a front room but i think the house got extended after the tram crash. Remember when Lloyd was in it with Chris and Cheryl, there was a kitchen/dining/sitting room which must have meant an extension out the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,069 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tracy cares a thousand times more for Amy that Peter does for Simon. Tracy's love is twisted but it's genuine in it's own way. Peter barely gives a toss about Simon, he was even expecting Leanne to stay and look after him while he buggered off with Carla.

Tracey uses Amy to get to Steve if she really cared she wouldnt have committed murder that sent her jail when her child was very young

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭d1975

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Tracey uses Amy to get to Steve if she really cared she wouldnt have committed murder that sent her jail when her child was very young

If Corrie writers are smart they'll push Amy to a big story line when she's 16 or something and seak revenge on Tracy for the treatment she caused :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,756 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

d1975 wrote: »
    If Corrie writers are smart they'll push Amy to a big story line when she's 16 or something and seak revenge on Tracy for the treatment she caused :D

Like Ben in EE? :pac:

Actually that would be pretty cool, if Amy ended up more twisted than Tracy.

I wonder if she'll disappear upstairs to listen to her tapes for a few years and then emerge as a broody teenager?

I wonder if she'll disappear upstairs to listen to her tapes for a few years and then emerge as a broody teenager?

Yep, She will go into the front room to watch 'telleh', and come back out about six months later in a push up bra, short skirt, speaking with lazy diction.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

No. That would be totally unrealistic! As if a soap would... oh.

• Advertisement

syklops wrote: »
    Its not sad that you could do that with the current characters.

It is a bit sad that I could do it for almost every character going back for about 20 years.

And my mother could probably do it for about the last 40 years.

I'll tell you what's sad. I had a dream last night that my husband was having an affair with Carla Connor and I woke up really upset with him.:o

bijapos wrote: »
    I thought 13 was a bit bigger, it has a front room but i think the house got extended after the tram crash. Remember when Lloyd was in it with Chris and Cheryl, there was a kitchen/dining/sitting room which must have meant an extension out the back.

The Peacocks extended it after the swapped with the Websters. Remember just after they swapped it turned out that no 13 had loads of problems with the electrics and needed a complete overhaul. So the Peacocks felt like they'd bee cheated as they moved because they were broke and needed the extra cash. They couldn't afford to refurbish until Claire found some old Beatles posters in the attic and sold them for thousands of pounds and then they did a big refurb.

I'll tell you what's sad. I had a dream last night that my husband was having an affair with Carla Connor and I woke up really upset with him.:o

HAHAHA now thats not sad thats HILARIOUS . ROFLMAO:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

bijapos wrote: »

STOP PRESS!

2011 version for comparison:
    CoronationStreethouses2011-1.jpg
    :)

About Steve turning the house into two flats. Why the hell didn't he just lock the two downstairs doors? That way he could keep Tracy out of the downstairs, use the bathroom whenever he wants and not upset Amy as much as the wall did.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,069 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Beth reminds me of Fiz's mother Cilla

When did Michelle and Carla become best pals, I know they were related by marriage but never really thought they were best pals :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I can't wait until someone smashes Frank Foster's smug face in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Alicat wrote: »
    I can't wait until someone smashes Frank Foster's smug face in.

and Sallys aswell.............Bitch:mad:

In future, dont watch Corrie or read this thread just before going to bed.

• Advertisement

Poor Hubbie was fairly confused id say

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement