Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Kaching wrote: »
    we're all guilty of it
    Absolutely, he was brilliant tonight. Heart breaking to watch. Can I adopt him please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

His best performance was and always will be the way he so painstakingly counted the rice krispies in the bowl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I just heard there that Lewis (the fella that attempted to rip off Audrey but didn't go through with it) is returning in April.

Anyone know what story line is planned for him? I did think he was a good actor in fairness.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Blatter wrote: »
    I just heard there that Lewis (the fella that attempted to rip off Audrey but didn't go through with it) is returning in April.

Anyone know what story line is planned for him? I did think he was a good actor in fairness.

I'm not sure what he's back for but to me he'll always be Carrisford in A Little Princess.:D

1144878.jpg

http://thenigelhaversimperium.4ya.nl/homepage/show/pagina.php?paginaid=134645

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

iguana wrote: »
    I'm not sure what he's back for but to me he'll always be Carrisford in A Little Princess.:D

Every time I see him I hear the Chariots of Fire theme in my head!

Showing my age I suppose.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Leanne is a former hooker and has had an affair on Peter not much longer than 12 months ago.

She deserves everything she gets tbh.
    I get that she had an affair, but I have no idea why her once having been a prostitute would mean she's not entitled to be treated right or respected by her current partner.
    Gascoigne does an utterly fantastic drunk though. There is just a weird subtle thing he does with his brow that makes him look so like the slightly devolved human that alcoholics often look like when they are pissed.
    I think he's great. And he does act drunk brilliantly, which, as you said, is so hard for actors to do sometimes!

Posy wrote: »
    I get that she had an affair, but I have no idea why her once having been a prostitute would mean she's not entitled to be treated right or respected by her current partner.

Because she was going out with Liam Connor at the time while he was none the wiser. I'd normally have sympathy for women that do it when they're on the breadline but Leanne was just doing it for a quick buck.

This is also the girl that had an affair with her boyfriends father. Remember Danny Baldin?

Oh, indeed- as has been said, both Leeanne and Peter have made a multitude of mistakes.
    (I still think Peter wins in the 'most mistakes' department, since he was a bigamist!!)

Oh my god poor little simon! Made me tear up! Definitely one to watch in the future, even his facial expressions looked so genuine. His parents should be so so proud of him he's a little star! *simon love overload*
    He's amazing! He just won a national television award there recently I think. Simon is the most fantastic child actor on the TV at the moment, in my opinion. Him being really really cute and adorable helps too of course! :)

Oh, indeed- as has been said, both Leeanne and Peter have made a multitude of mistakes.
    (I still think Peter wins in the 'most mistakes' department, since he was a bigamist!!)

Oh I don't know, for me, having an affair with your boyfriends father is as low as you can go :D

Oh I don't know, for me, having an affair with your boyfriends father is as low as you can go :D
    But bigamy is illegal, nyah! :p

;)

• Advertisement

;)

So is prostitution, the last time I checked. ;):p

I think we should just call it a draw.. :D

A draw is about right I'd say :D

;)

So is prostitution, the last time I checked. ;):p
    Nope, what Leanne was doing was perfectly legal. She wasn't soliciting, which is illegal, as she worked through an agency. As long as she was paying her taxes, which she presumably was through her agency, she was within the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,282 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/4079882/Nigel-Havers-returns-to-Corrie-news-Rogue-character-Lewis-Archer-is-set-to-face-the-music.html

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

I think we should just call it a draw.. :D

not before time :D

Nope, what Leanne was doing was perfectly legal. She wasn't soliciting, which is illegal, as she worked through an agency. As long as she was paying her taxes, which she presumably was through her agency, she was within the law.

Didn't know that sort of stuff was actually legal. It was still disgraceful and shameful behaviour from her to get involved in it.

She was a cocaine addict before as well, which probably explains her understanding of Peter's problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

Anyone else notice stellas mixup 'well if it isn't my least two favourite people'. Oh god i need to get out more!

Simon should be Peter's top priority

I dont know how Peter and Tracey can keep their kids if anyone else in the real world behaved like them the kids would be in care or with foster parents

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I didn't understand the final scene with Carla and Frank it made no sense to me.

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I dont know how Peter and Tracey can keep their kids if anyone else in the real world behaved like them the kids would be in care or with foster parents

Tracy cares a thousand times more for Amy that Peter does for Simon. Tracy's love is twisted but it's genuine in it's own way. Peter barely gives a toss about Simon, he was even expecting Leanne to stay and look after him while he buggered off with Carla.

BREAKING NEWS: We can exclusively reveal that Frank Foster is set to be murdered in the wake of the shock trial verdict.

Viewers were left stunned as evil Frank Foster, played by Andrew Lancel, walked out of court a free man, after the jury found him not guilty of raping Carla Connor.

Now events will take an even more dramatic turn as tensions rise and vengeance will be on the minds of several characters, climaxing in Frank’s death!

And with so many residents having a motive for killing the twisted factory boss – the list of suspects reads like a 'Who’s Who' of Weatherfield.

Even his latest conquest Sally Webster, played by Sally Dynevor, will finally see Frank’s true colours – leaving her feeling humiliated and terrified of the man whose bed she has been sharing.

Over the next few weeks Frank will continue to alienate himself as he sets his mind to making ex fiancée Carla pay for dragging him through the courts.

Andrew explains: “Erase and eradicate, that is his plan. And he will go about it in the worst possible way. He is enjoying tormenting Carla, he is enjoying turning the screw.

“His true colours are finally showing through and no one is safe in his scheming head.

“But he doesn’t for one moment think his life might be in danger he is too arrogant and too cocky to think that could ever happen to him!”

Frank’s lifeless body will be found in the factory – after days of arguments and confrontations with associates, lovers and enemies alike – leaving police and viewers baffled as to the identity of the murderer.

Fans will be on the edge of their seats as the mystery unravels and the killer is finally unmasked in true soap style.

http://www.itv.com/coronationstreet/news/frankgoestotheunderworld/

I reckon it will be someone who was affected indirectly by him.

My money's on Kevin.

A possible dark horse could be Sophie.

Sally gets dumped next week, Frank has a new lady

From that article;
    after days of arguments and confrontations with associates, lovers and enemies alike – leaving police and viewers baffled as to the identity of the murderer.

How much does this sound like Tracy's first week back on the street?

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

The producers missed a trick tonight by setting up a dramatic end to the trial, and then weaving three ludicrous plot lines through it (Steve/Tracey, Roy/Milton, Jason/Rosie). Almost unwatchable.

Fortunately, they put up a notice at the end inviting anyone who was affected by the programme to ring a special number. I rang it, but could get no sense out of them.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

Sally gets dumped next week, Frank has a new lady

I thought he "does things" to Sally though?

Kaching wrote: »
    I thought he "does things" to Sally though?

I'm guessing he "says things", rather than does things to Sally. Unless he does things to someone else...

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Good episode tonight. On another note, is frank still going to rape sally?? I read that on here a while ago... Maybe thats what they are refering to when they say sally will be left horrified after frank shows his true colours.
    I hope they do the upcoming story concerning frank well and dont just copy off previous similar stories. I also hope the culprit is someone interesting like kevin or sophie as someone else mentioned above....and not someone totally obvious like peter.

• Advertisement

After seeing Simon so distraught last night, tonight we see Peter shouting at him, then pawning him off on his grandparents, then asking Ken and Deirdre to keep Simon with them overnight so he can spend the night, uninterrupted with Carla. What the hell kind of parent acts like that!!? :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement