Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Was that Robert Vaughan...?!?!?!?!?!?!

Afraid so - watch out for an extravagant confidence trick. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85,380 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Anyone else just not taking to Eileen's romance with Paul maybe because he looks too young for her and I see no chemistry there plus he is married even if his wife has alzheimers he is still cheating on her with Eileen

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Anyone else just not taking to Eileen's romance with Paul maybe because he looks too young for her and I see no chemistry there plus he is married even if his wife has alzheimers he is still cheating on her with Eileen

It has like 0 impact on me whatsoever and I cant even begin to explain or understand why

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

Damn i do miss Beckey.thought id never say that but she grew on me leading up to her departure.. as for carla and peter i dont like them, kylie is growing on me now. just as they were getting on so well becky went.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I'm not taking to them either...they don't suit each other at all. She's twice the size of him never mind older looking. I think they make him stand on a box for the close up seens. They're like different species to each other, like a dog and a cat or Miss Piggy and Kermit:(

• Advertisement

Ann22 wrote: »
    She's twice the size of him

whats that got to do with anything ?

they are just wrong for each other for many reasons but weight height or stuff of that nature shouldnt be brought into it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Kaching wrote: »
    whats that got to do with anything ?

they are just wrong for each other for many reasons but weight height or stuff of that nature shouldnt be brought into it

Height and weight shouldnt be brought into it in situations where one cant help a persons height and weight, but we are talking about a soap where characters are written and actors are cast, and Ann22 is suggesting they look wrong together and I agree. It would be more believable if Eileen was with some hefty 6'4 fireman with arms like tree trunks. Then you wouldnt notice any difference.

That Paul is smaller than Eileen, just makes his character seem small as well. Considering the storyline is he is cheating on his alzheimers suffering wife, makes him shrink even further. Then he has to cancel his date with Eileen to go back to said wife and its as if he is visibly shrinking on the screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

any one else get the feeling Frank will
    get off the rape charge
    not so much of a surprise now is it? :rolleyes: i was so hoping he'd go down for it but i really don't think he will, they are going to drag it out to Christmas i'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Its written all over it, and Peter getting his leg over with Carla (who can blame him:)) is the deciding issue for her.

jimmyw wrote: »
    Its written all over it, and Peter getting his leg over with Carla (who can blame him:)) is the deciding issue for her.

Haha:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

The prosecution barrister is hilarious, completely overacted his opening argument.

"He hates me" :(:(:(, I wonder why:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

maria's getting a hard time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

casio4 wrote: »
    maria's getting a hard time

I'd say the prosecution would have been better off leaving her testimony out of the trial, that was never going to end well.

FFS Steve, such a numpty.

He had his chance to get well clear of Tracy and now he's letting her squirm her way back in.

Why couldn't Franks mothers give the pics to his lawyer/solicitor/barrister, whatever ? :confused:

Why couldn't Franks mothers give the pics to his lawyer/solicitor/barrister, whatever ? :confused:

Yeah, what happened there was stupid.

It was a huge risk because there was no guarantee that Leanne would make a scene like that, I would imagine most people would stay quiet and/or leave the courtroom if they were put in her position.

I hope Leanne punches Carla remember Leanne is a Battersby she used be a tough cookie when she first arrived on Corrie

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

yeah I couldn't understand that :confused:

I hope Leanne punches Carla remember Leanne is a Battersby she used be a tough cookie when she first arrived on Corrie

Yeah , not complaining she quietened down just did it have to be so quiet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭seabre

I think its because you have to declare any evidence in advance for it to be admitable in court - The barrister wouldnt have used it cos it would have been grounds for a mis- trial - I think!!:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Very disappointed tonight. Having Steve back with Tracy for no good reason. Not only is it ridiculous and boring but it makes the miscarriage storyline almost obsolete now. And staying together for Amy is not a good enough reason in my opinion. That said he was talking to Owen so hopefully he has something interesting up his sleeve.

As for the court case. hate Leanne, Peter and Carla so wasn't all that bothered by her finding out. Was disappointed that Frank's evil plan amounted to slipping Leanne the photos and hoping for a scene. What would happen if she'd kept quiet? Realy don't want Frank to get off but it's obvious he will.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

steves not taking her back hes doing sumtin wit the gaff i think hes halving it or changing locks or something i dno.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Steve is not getting back with Tracy, in fact he gets Eoin to separate the house into two flats. I think he just went home for dinner to give Amy some sort of routine, that poor child must be traumatized by everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Any suggestions for a new tattoo for Peter? :cool:

Stella seemed more angry and wanted Frank behind in jail than anyone else :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Stella seemed more angry and wanted Frank behind in jail than anyone else :p
    Probably because, although she wont like Carla as Peter is cheating on her daughter with her, she told Carla before that she (stella) was also raped.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Oliverdog wrote: »
    Any suggestions for a new tattoo for Peter? :cool:

T - W - A - T

Right across his forehead.

Much as I like the guy, he is so deep in the crap right now. Carla is a right catch but he was doing so well with Leanne and more importantly he had somewhere stable for Simon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

bijapos wrote: »
    T - W - A - T

Right across his forehead.

Much as I like the guy, he is so deep in the crap right now. Carla is a right catch but he was doing so well with Leanne and more importantly he had somewhere stable for Simon.

Thats the problem. He should never have settled for Leanne, she is a growler, who cheated on him with her ex Nick. He should have left her then. This (the affair) was always going to happen.

Unfortunately
    Leanne wants to stay with Peter even after knowing about the affair, so this may not be the last we see of "PeLeanne" :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I seem to be the only one who actually likes Leeanne? I know she cheated on him but in fairness she's put up with a lot from Peter. She's a great mum to Simon and a good influence in Peter's life. It's not that I dislike Carla, it's just that she's not good for Peter - she still has a drinking problem and she's not going to care about Simon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement