Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

El Pr0n wrote: »
    Yes, obviously she was being serious...

okay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Half of my lectures are on a Friday next semester, wtf?

Also, does anyone here watch The Thick of It? So good! God I love Malcolm Tucker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

It's after 1am, and I just finished writing a post on another forum, exactly 777 words long. Why can't essay-writing be that easy? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

Daemos wrote: »
    It's after 1am, and I just finished writing a post on another forum, exactly 777 words long. Why can't essay-writing be that easy? :rolleyes:

http://xkcd.com/386/

If only. If I spent as much time studying as I do posting crap on here I'd probably have done a lot better in my degree :pac:

There are only 3 other people in the reading room. I hope my typing isn't distracting them...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

This place has been really dead lately

DB21 wrote: »
    I know, it's always kinda like that when college is off, but it does some extra quiet this year for some reason.

Come on guys, I can only post so much :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Anyone remember those rape alarms given out in the shag packs last year? They're very, very annoying things.

Oh god, my friend had one of them in our house last year, they're SO loud :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Tootyflutty threw one at me the other day. It's SO loud. buroni_kisuu decided flushing it down the toilet was an adequate solution??
    It's not...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

So when do the English & music departments release their results?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

Whenever they correct their papers, usually mid or end of Feb.
    Music results are posted on the notice boards beside Bewerunge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Does anyone know what time the Village Apartments Office opens at on Monday?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Does anyone know what time the Village Apartments Office opens at on Monday?

Open 10-12 and 2-4, I think. I'll double check when I'm walking past later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I was thinking that too while I was walking through the Arts block yesterday.

Is it like any other colleges have people chilling, hanging out there during the breaks? I've never went to Trinity, UCD etc on a midterm break so I couldn't compare them to Maynooth.

Well there's no classes yet...
    Also there would probably be more students hanging around Maynooth than other places, seeing as it is a university town. If it were in Dublin. People would have better places to go to.

Actually, I thought campus was pretty busy for during a week off when I was up there yesterday.

@CaoimH_in - English dept will probably have them up on moodle in a few weeks. Think we got ours back the third week of the semester last year. I for one do not want my exam results back this year. Or maybe I do, to see how low the marks will be. Can it beat the 9% I got in Race and Ethnicity in my first third year I wonder?? :pac:

I'm seriously worried about Maths. Can't escape the feeling I'm going to smash through my previous exam low of 16% (Biochem attempt 1 last year).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

I'm seriously worried about Maths. Can't escape the feeling I'm going to smash through my previous exam low of 16% (Biochem attempt 1 last year).

Mention you're from Duleek DB, they'll know not to mess with you then. They'll just give you a pass ;):p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Mention you're from Duleek DB, they'll know not to mess with you then. They'll just give you a pass ;):p

Hah Duleek?! A Fairly easy place to take on :P

• Advertisement

About 30 hours until I'm back in Maynooth!!! (Yes, I'm that sad)

Also, thanks a lot for giving away my location, BRIAN >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

Cheers Norrdeth.
    @CaoimH_in - English dept will probably have them up on moodle in a few weeks. Think we got ours back the third week of the semester last year. I for one do not want my exam results back this year. Or maybe I do, to see how low the marks will be. Can it beat the 9% I got in Race and Ethnicity in my first third year I wonder?? :pac:

Well, incremental steps dear; college is a journey not a destination etc. etc. etc. ha ha. Shouldn't be nervous, I'm sure you did grand.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

About 30 hours until I'm back in Maynooth!!! (Yes, I'm that sad)

Also, thanks a lot for giving away my location, BRIAN >_>

Totally gonna try stalk you next time I'm there. Which should be soon. There's not enough people in Duleek for you to be able to find :P

/totally not a creep

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭snoreborewhore

Considering putting English in Maynooth as the oul number one on the CAO, anyone have any information on that course?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Considering putting English in Maynooth as the oul number one on the CAO, anyone have any information on that course?

I'm doing English through Arts so I can give you advice on 4 of the 6 modules you will be studying.

In the direct English BA you do an extra module in creative writing as far as I know.

What you need to remember is that unlike Leaving Cert which is selective reading, college English is more about the history of literature, how particular movements influenced different writers (i.e. Austen/Wordsworth/Coleridge defined by the Romantic period etc).

You will also have a tutorial programme for the first semester on Wordsworth's poem "I Wandered Lonely As A Cloud". It becomes annoying looking at the same poem over and over again but if you can handle it everything else will be a breeze.

Statistics lecturer uses comic sans. All of my rage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

So since I'm no longer working in Londis, I have no more connections to Maynooth :( I'll miss you guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

<3

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

So since I'm no longer working in Londis, I have no more connections to Maynooth :( I'll miss you guys!

:(

• Advertisement

Did you have Statistics at 11 today? If so, I have a friend in that class!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement