Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Oh bébé, that's a sweet one.

She played this one when I did it.....the syncopation he gets is unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

If I'm not mistaken she played that one too!

For me, Art Shaw's Begin the Beguine was my favourite. When I hear it makes me feel so! damn. cool. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

What time does the phoenix restaurant start doing lunch?

<3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

M'FEET! M'FEET!! damn exams.

am aware invigilating is much, much better than actually sitting exams:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

It's €2.15 to get the bus from Leixlip to Maynooth now.

That's a fuc*ing rip-off.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

It's €2.15 to get the bus from Leixlip to Maynooth now.

That's a fuc*ing rip-off.

Return Dart to Bray from Dublin is now €5.20, was like €3. Great...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Absolute joke those prices are.

Horrendously expensive. In France I had a monthly ticket, could be used on all metros, buses, night link buses and city trains. €28.70 a month. You could buy an all day ticket for €3.50 and you could use it on all of the above as many times as you wanted for 24 hours. And the buses, metros, trains went every 5 minutes too. Public transport here is a joke.

You'd think that with the price increases- which seem to be an annual or biannual thing now- the service would show some marked improvement. But it hasn't.

It's not awful by any means, but as Michellenman said it pales in comparison to public transport in many other parts of Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Train prices here are a gigantic joke. €15 last I checked for Dublin to Drogheda (54km). In Italy, it's the same price from Milan to Venice (267km). And the trains in Italy ran to the second.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Just wondering if anyone can help me, I was told we had 4 elective modules for the 2nd semester in Business and we could pick two. Now this was months ago, and I think January was mentioned as a date to pick, otherwise i wasnt told of the deadline.

I went into change them in student webs services and it says it cannot be done now.

Does that mean the ones I "have" now picked by the computer, I have to do? Because I really really do not want to do a certain module in there and was delighted that I had the choice, until now I find I may have to do it?> :eek::(:mad:

I think we all know who'd sort this out.

Joe Duffy.

DB10 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone can help me, I was told we had 4 elective modules for the 2nd semester in Business and we could pick two. Now this was months ago, and I think January was mentioned as a date to pick, otherwise i wasnt told of the deadline.

I went into change them in student webs services and it says it cannot be done now.

Does that mean the ones I "have" now picked by the computer, I have to do? Because I really really do not want to do a certain module in there and was delighted that I had the choice, until now I find I may have to do it?> :eek::(:mad:

I think you'll have until early/mid February to change your electives for the 2nd semester. Wait until everyone's back to lectures in a couple of weeks then try to change your choices again.

Thanks! Hopefully that works! This page seems to indicated that also although whether it's upto date or nor I don't know.

http://records.nuim.ie/ImportantDatesandDeadlines.htm

Thanks! Hopefully that works! This page seems to indicated that also although whether it's upto date or nor I don't know.

http://records.nuim.ie/ImportantDatesandDeadlines.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Yeah, the module choice reopens in Student Web Services at the start of the semester, think it's usually the Friday of the first week back.

Re: public transport costs, when I was going to school if you forgot your bus ticket (we had a term ticket, and then a weekly one on top of that) it cost over 5 euro for a one way ticket for a trip that lasted about ten minutes. Tbf a lot of the drivers would let you off with it if they knew you had the weekly ticket bought or they would charge you the child price, but some of them were real cnuts and charged the full price. I know it's crap when you have to use PT often, but the prices in other parts of the country have always been astronomical (I'm not saying that DB/Dart ticket prices should go up before anyone says that).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

The Netflix selection is not as big as I'd hoped. However, I streamed for over 4 hours last night through the xbox without a single buffery pause. Which was nice. iPod app works fine too. I know the selection expands quickly enough, but I think I might give it a miss once the month free trial ends, have a look back around summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Quality isn't perfect yet, but I'm delighted that Netflix is finally here!

They're still working with content providers to get the rights to a lot of stuff. They don't have Pixar or a bunch of other studios yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Have to say, what I really appreciated was how the picture quality just dropped a little when there was a connection issue. The movie didn't just stop, pause, or cut out completely. Just automatically dropped the res a little and kept going. There's a bunch of websites should be doing that instead of their godawful buffering pauses. The interface is fairly Spartan though.

Still! Great price I think. We're on the lower Screenclick deal which is 13 quid a month for DVD rentals, posted to your house, no return dates etc. But this Netflix option I think is much better if people have the connection speed for that level of streaming. And the library is only going to expand.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

True that. I wish, I wish, I wish the boxee team had been given a heads up and could have gotten their Netflix Europe app ready by now, but I'm not complaining.

Note to all: GET A BOXEE BOX. Improves your TV life dramatically.

• Advertisement

Well now. Is anyone else ****in' WRECKED?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

lads when are all the exams over so I know when to return to the pubs

El Pr0n wrote: »
    Well now. Is anyone else ****in' WRECKED?

Well I wasn't lying.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

lads when are all the exams over so I know when to return to the pubs

Not til the end of this week as per usual with the theology folk, but most people seem to be finishing up Wednesday/Thursday :D

On a side note.. common room is freeeeeeezing today :(

Not til the end of this week as per usual with the theology folk, but most people seem to be finishing up Wednesday/Thursday :D

On a side note.. common room is freeeeeeezing today :(

Come to the library. Heating is on the "cremate" setting :mad:

I'm properly wrecked and with an exam in 3 hours. Could be worse El_Pr0n!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Does anyone else question the sheer pointlessness of lecturer's showing up at exams? As if to check we actually turned up or something...

Also, anyone know if there's a ticket on Dublin Bus that allows for all day travel along several routes or something similar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

irish_goat wrote: »
    Does anyone else question the sheer pointlessness of lecturer's showing up at exams? As if to check we actually turned up or something...

I was wondering about this during my exam last Thursday. "So, I'm stuck on this question. Any tips on what I can write?" :rolleyes:
    Maybe they're there to assist in quelling last minute nerves or something along those lines.

irish_goat wrote: »
    Also, anyone know if there's a ticket on Dublin Bus that allows for all day travel along several routes or something similar?

I want to say the Rambler ticket does that. Not quite sure though

• Advertisement

OK, the library is officially like an oven :mad: :mad: :mad:

College needs to cut costs
    1) Blast the heating
    2) ????
    3) Profit!

I'm sorry if I'm coming off as whiny about this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement