Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Phoenix closed at 2 today, apparently they are trying out different opening hours. Kind of strange, and annoying, they seemed to do well enough between 2-3. Anyway I thought they were extending hours not cutting them.

Anyone heard anything more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Norrdeth wrote: »
    Did you have Statistics at 11 today? If so, I have a friend in that class!

Yup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

So since I'm no longer working in Londis, I have no more connections to Maynooth :( I'll miss you guys!
    Aw I'll miss seeing you around :( good luck x

Bleh, I feel weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Mastroph

DB21 wrote: »
    Yup
    I was also in that class. I find that comic sans gets more offensive the bigger it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

Anyone else having trouble accessing their maynooth timetable online tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

does anyone know if the pc1 user profile for the macs are back on ?

The mac's in callan building, in north campus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

heffo500 wrote: »

Yep... I have no idea what time I'm in at tomorrow :/

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭snoreborewhore

karaokeman wrote: »
    I'm doing English through Arts so I can give you advice on 4 of the 6 modules you will be studying.

In the direct English BA you do an extra module in creative writing as far as I know.

What you need to remember is that unlike Leaving Cert which is selective reading, college English is more about the history of literature, how particular movements influenced different writers (i.e. Austen/Wordsworth/Coleridge defined by the Romantic period etc).

You will also have a tutorial programme for the first semester on Wordsworth's poem "I Wandered Lonely As A Cloud". It becomes annoying looking at the same poem over and over again but if you can handle it everything else will be a breeze.
    Awesome, just what I needed to know :) Down it goes!

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

jubella wrote: »
    Yep... I have no idea what time I'm in at tomorrow :/

I know when my first lecture but after that I'm clueless...

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

It tends to do that quite often at night.. Just gives an error page as far as I remember

• Advertisement

I know when my first lecture but after that I'm clueless...
    You should be in for ec211 at 4 - 6 at CS1.

That's what I have all day tomorrow. Stupid timetables this semester.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Jonah42

Hi guys, does anyone know how the student union funding for clubs & socs going on intervarsities works? What exactly does it cover, like travel, registraion fees and accomodation for the participating club? Or are there some things the individuals will have to pay themselves?

Jonah42 wrote: »
    Hi guys, does anyone know how the student union funding for clubs & socs going on intervarsities works? What exactly does it cover, like travel, registraion fees and accomodation for the participating club? Or are there some things the individuals will have to pay themselves?

Your best option is to fire off an email (vpcsud@nuimsu.com) or go talk to Naoise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭mp3guy

does anyone know if the pc1 user profile for the macs are back on ?

The mac's in callan building, in north campus.

Shouldn't be using them unless you're doing Multimedia. (Or Music Tech?)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Baile an Locha

Anyone know what is the nearest train station to Connolly hospital?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭mp3guy

I've done more college work today than I did for the entirety of the last semester O_o

mp3guy wrote: »
    Shouldn't be using them unless you're doing Multimedia. (Or Music Tech?)

true but you cant resist going to the best place in NUIM to use a pc.

apparently pc1 is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Wendero

A friend of mine said results should be up "wednesday" - he wasn't sure if it was tomorrow or wednesday next week. Seems a tad early, doesn't it? Does anyone have any other information? I thought it would be maybe the 15-20th of february, wasn't that when the results were posted last year?

That depends on the department tbh. I know mine (maths) are due up on or before the 10th.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I was looking at the posts about results day thinking 'ah memories', before remembering that because of my thesis deferral, I'm expecting my MA result too! Completely forgot about it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

true but you cant resist going to the best place in NUIM to use a pc.

I tried the ole "you can't resist going to the best place in NUIM to use a microscope" all the time with Biology and not once did it ever fly.

those machines are for CS students, they need them.
    its the same idea as the piano's in music are for the music students to practise piano.

Every single lab exam I've ever supervised I've had to chase out morons who stride in and "just want to use a computer", even in full labs I've had students come in and not be able to find a computer, students time is being wasted since I had to run about hunting out people who aren't meant to be there in the first place.

you "can't resist", your problem, please don't make it other students.
    outside of labs the machines are available to CS students so they can work on assignments and stay on top of their course load, this is made difficult by the number of people who use the lab machines as their hang out between lectures.
    apparently pc1 is gone.
    good.

[cheap plug] JOIN TEA SOC TODAY!!!! [/cheap plug]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Petting zoo outside John Hume today was super-cute.

I didn't go in ;__; were the animals cute? My reasoning was that if I want to pet baby animals I can do it at home, and also I had class to attend :p

I hear election season is just around the corner, DEAR GOD NO.

Also, how come we don't have a thread about how amazingly awesome The Print is this year? :pac:

I hear election season is just around the corner, DEAR GOD NO.

Yup. A week of hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Name in chalk = No vote for you.

• Advertisement

DB21, that's your sig? My post in the lectures thread will now make no sense >.> Also, prob a good idea to resize the image, lest the sig police be on your back and you get sig2big'd.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement