Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

dont think there's anywhere walk in to buy juice in dublin

froog, have a read of this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056497354

the kit reccomended in the thread doesnt look like a cigarette, but most of the ones that look like cigarettes are ****e and/or expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Tom123

Hello,

Is there a walk in shop to buy e-liquid in Dublin City?

Ta.

These have a collection option from D5

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

There's actually a sign in Pacino's Italian resteraunt on Suffolk St. saying that they sell the liquids (I think it was about €10 for a 30ml bottle). I saw that mentioned somewhere here too. Haven't bought there myself though, so don't know what range they have.

edit: link to it being mentioned here before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 macattax

Hi Vapor fans.
    I really want to do this switch over from ciggarettes to vaping I totally do.
    I have read over the forum post as much as possible and have made a shopping basket 'on the best shop'. Can anyone read this over and tell me if I have everything needed to begin my new healthier vaping lifestyle? :P
    here is what i have picked for the order:
    48.50euro1 x New eGo-T Starter kit
    7.50euro1 x New eGo-T Mega atomizer
    3.50euro1 x Joye eGo-T "B" Tank Cartridges
    9.50euro1 x 30ml eLiquid PG 24mg dunhill deluxe tobacco
    Items in cart:4
    Total:69.00euro

Please advise.

Thanks,

Mac.

macattax wrote: »
    Hi Vapor fans.
    I have read over the forum post as much as possible and have made a shopping basket 'on the best shop'. Can anyone read this over and tell me if I have everything needed to begin my new healthier vaping lifestyle? :P

Please advise.

Thanks,

Mac.

Looks good

Maybe pick up some blank cartomizers as well, dual coil and/or standard 510

The only other thing I would suggest is picking a very smaller bottles of other flavors of eliquid

And don't forget to apply the boards discount code

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 BeetleDeuce

froog wrote: »
    Hi all,

really want to give e-cigs a go but am completely lost as to which brand to get/where to start? can you buy stuff in actual shops in dublin or is it all online? what's the best one around atm? I kind want one that looks like a cigarette too although it's not essential i guess.

thanks

If you want one that looks like a cigarette I reckon the 510 is the one to get. The most popular is the eGo T. eGo W and eGo C are latest additions to the eGo series but if you get an eGo T kit you will be able to add the eGo W and eGo C attachments to the eGo T battery as they all work off the same eGo battery. 510 atomizers/cartomizers etc can also be used with an eGo battery as the eGo battery has 510 threading.

( the eGo battery is popular as it lasts between 3 -6 times longer than the 510 battery before needing recharging ...different size batteries last longer and as a rule of thumb ...each 100 mAh in a battery lasts about 1 hour, give or take)

All are online and usually have 1-2 day delivery and are reasonable enough but it's up to you to find your bargain. There is a list of where to buy here ... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73498870 .

They are not in shops as they ( governments) can't classify them yet as either a health device , a tobacco device or indeed a nicotine replacement therapy programme. So, until they ( governments) decide how to get them classified and regulated so they can get their taxes off them ( cynical view imo) ...Ahem, I mean until they can make sure they are safe, ( naive view imo), we will continue to play the cat and mouse game.

The tobacco companies will be losing big time and have already lost big cases in the states, which is now being appealed to Supreme court. ( and we all know how much money and power the tobacco companies have). Governments will also lose big time as the taxes they collect from tobacco are substantial too and the e cig can be 80% cheaper than tobacco so even taxes from e cigs will still hit their exchequer pocket.

Hopefully 2012 will be the year that sense prevails and we can be (at least) allowed to make our own informed decision ( as adults) weather we want to vape e liquid or weather we want to smoke tobacco to get our nicotine fix.

Personally I believe if there was something really wrong with the e cig, the tobacco companies would have found it by now with their billions at stake and since I haven't heard anything of note yet ...I'm happy enough to vape...That said, it will always be a personal decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

The tobacco companies will be losing big time and have already lost big cases in the states, which is now being appealed to Supreme court. ( and we all know how much money and power the tobacco companies have). Governments will also lose big time as the taxes they collect from tobacco are substantial too and the e cig can be 80% cheaper than tobacco so even taxes from e cigs will still hit their exchequer pocket.

Hopefully 2012 will be the year that sense prevails and we can be (at least) allowed to make our own informed decision ( as adults) weather we want to vape e liquid or weather we want to smoke tobacco to get our nicotine fix.

I don't think Big Tobacco is as threatened by ecigs as Big Pharma. BT will probably sit on their hands until the market is established enough to be a safe bet but still small enough to be bought cheap.
    Or they could go out and buy the patents on ecigs and then launch their own branded ecig. Or do the Apple thing and just sue the ass of anything that looks like a cig or is sold with existing cig branding, B&H eliquid for example.
    The pharma companies are the ones creating the most opposition at the moment be it by using their FDA or MHRA lapdogs to go the legal rout and the health campaigners to do the propaganda side. Long term both BT and BP have the cash to buy the entire ecig manufacturing system and sell their own branded one.
    Gov. will do what its lobbied into doing and try to gain some revenue from the whole thing.

tommy2bad wrote: »
    I don't think Big Tobacco is as threatened by ecigs as Big Pharma. BT will probably sit on their hands until the market is established enough to be a safe bet but still small enough to be bought cheap.
    Or they could go out and buy the patents on ecigs and then launch their own branded ecig. Or do the Apple thing and just sue the ass of anything that looks like a cig or is sold with existing cig branding, B&H eliquid for example.
    The pharma companies are the ones creating the most opposition at the moment be it by using their FDA or MHRA lapdogs to go the legal rout and the health campaigners to do the propaganda side. Long term both BT and BP have the cash to buy the entire ecig manufacturing system and sell their own branded one.
    Gov. will do what its lobbied into doing and try to gain some revenue from the whole thing.

They are already dipping their toes into the market.
    http://www.nicoventures.co.uk/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I assume that the product will essentially be the same as the current e-cigs though? Just marketed differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

Sir DCC has hit the nail on the head. What your missing is all the nasty chemicals. Arsenic, Cyanide, Lead, Amonia, Methane, rocket fuel and 4000 others.
    As for your English ...nothing wrong with that mate. b.t.w ...Did you ask the guy you had the argument with how many languages he spoke. Speaking for myself, I can only speak 1 language and that's not even my native language lol...
    Good luck with the vaping

I am a few days short of 12 weeks vaping and no analogs. Sometimes I feel there is just "something" missing, but having said that when I was smoking my rollies I felt the same same way. A real cigarette or rollie never fully satisfied that missing something. Having said that, I have no intention of going back smoking, don't want to............... I too am a happy vaper!

• Advertisement

Hi Vapor fans.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Mac.

There are very mixed reviews about the Ego T. I thought that they would be the real deal, when I felt I needed to upgrade from the 510, but I was very dissappointed. I tried both A & B type atomizers. Type A gave really poor flavour, and Type B a constant burnt taste. I ended up binning the atomisers and tanks, but do use the batteries all the time now.

I still think a 510 Starter Kit is best way to start.

I think those 510 batteries are junk though. Anybody starting should go for an eGo kit of some type?

Easy enough to just buy cartomisers afterwards for a few Euro's.

I think the 510 are a great little e cig. Personally I use the eGo/510 disposable cartomizer single coil with a 900 mAh LCD eGo battery. I have to refill 4 or 5 times a day but it only takes a minute to do each time and I get the consistency hit of a tobacco cig. When the cartomizer dies or gives me trouble ...I bin it and just put another one on. Horses for courses really.

I think the 510 are a great little e cig. Personally I use the eGo/510 disposable cartomizer single coil with a 900 mAh LCD eGo battery. I have to refill 4 or 5 times a day but it only takes a minute to do each time and I get the consistency hit of a tobacco cig. When the cartomizer dies or gives me trouble ...I bin it and just put another one on. Horses for courses really.

I just find that there's no worrying about running out of battery with eGo batteries whereas the 510 only lasts for an hour or two at most. As you say, horses for courses though.

Yeah, I fully agree. The 510 battery will only last a hour or two. I wouldn't use anything else but a 900 mAh eGo Batt and using it with a 510 single coil bog standard LR cartomizer ...it lasts me for most of the day. Also, I find the dual coil cartomizers use about 30% more of the battery
    I suppose I like both the 510 and eGo. The 510 cartomizer with the eGo battery.

Tom123 wrote: »
    Looks good

Maybe pick up some blank cartomizers as well, dual coil and/or standard 510

The only other thing I would suggest is picking a very smaller bottles of other flavors of eliquid

And don't forget to apply the boards discount code

Thanks for that :)

ok so here is what i have now in basket

2.00euro1 x Dual Coil LR XL Cartomizer Color:: Black DUAJ37
    2.00euro1 x Transparent Drip Tips Color:: Green TRAY29
    Items in cart:6
    Total:73.00euro

I will look into adding smaller bottles of liquid to try out once i have all the bits and bobs correct.

What is the boards discount code?

Want to order this before weekend to try it out and getting of the nasty baccy.

IRISHVAPE is the discount code on the best shop.
    Order today, get it tomorrow.
    Worth 10%. 7.30 and free post for that order so you have it all for 7 packs of smokes.
    Should keep you going for 2 weeks at least. Next order wont be more than 20 quid for another 2 weeks, See the savings mounting up?
    Good luck with it.

tommy2bad wrote: »
    IRISHVAPE is the discount code on the best shop.
    Order today, get it tomorrow.
    Worth 10%. 7.30 and free post for that order so you have it all for 7 packs of smokes.
    Should keep you going for 2 weeks at least. Next order wont be more than 20 quid for another 2 weeks, See the savings mounting up?
    Good luck with it.

Thanks Tommy much appreciated.
    The savings are going to be quite the bonus but for the health bonuses is gonna be soooo much better :)

Here is what I ordered in the end having taken advise on board.

Order Inventory:
    Product: New eGo-T Starter Kit
    Options: Atomizer Type - B - 2ml Battery Type - 3. 1000mAh Color: - Stainless Wall plug type - 1. UK
    Quantity: 1
    Product Code: NEWR2
    Price: 48.50euro

Product: New eGo-T Mega atomizer
    Options: Color: - Matte Black Atomizer Type - B - 2ml
    Product Code: NEWQ34
    Price: 7.50euro

Product: Joye eGo-T "B" Tank Cartridges
    Options: Color: - Black - Transparent
    Product Code: JOY132
    Price: 3.50euro

Product: Dual Coil LR XL Cartomizer
    Options: Color: - Black
    Product Code: DUAJ37
    Price: 2.00euro

Product: Transparent Drip Tips
    Options: Color: - Green
    Product Code: TRAY29
    Price: 2.00euro

Product: 10ml eLiquid PG
    Options: Flavor: - Cherry Strength: - 24mg
    Quantity: 2
    Product Code: 10MM6
    Price: 6.50euro

Options: Flavor: - Menthol Strength: - 24mg
    Price: 3.25euro

Options: Flavor: - Turkish Tobacco Strength: - 24mg

Options: Flavor: - Strawberry Strength: - 24mg

Subtotal: 79.75euro
    Coupon Discount: 7.98euro
    Postage & Packaging: 0.00euro
    Tax: 0.00euro
    Grand Total: 71.77euro

Sweet deal with the discount code THANKS!!!
    Free post too \0/ hopefully will be vaping at the weekend :D

Chat soon.

Mac...

Just for the record guys and for anyone reading these posts, there is more than just one or two places to buy electronic cigarettes and accessories in Ireland. A list can be found here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73498870
    Maybe Mewso could put it up as a sticky for all the newbe's ?

I just find that there's no worrying about running out of battery with eGo batteries whereas the 510 only lasts for an hour or two at most. As you say, horses for courses though.

I now use an Ego battery on different cartridges, smokeymizers, DC cartomizers most of the time, but I do think if I was starting out, I would have initially found the Ego battery somewhat large and imposing. It was a lot easier feel comfortable with the 510.

• Advertisement

MMMMM I am vaping and love it :D
    FAst speedy delivery next day as promised and omg loving this menthol!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Hello,

Is there a walk in shop to buy e-liquid in Dublin City?

Ta.
    Chinese guy in George's St Arcade, on left hand side, just before the cross-over aisle. Sometimes not open (locked press indicates). Haven't bought there. He sells EGO kits (about €50, last time I had a look), and a smaller cig-looking one too.

Not your ornery onager

Ok first off a warning the coconut flavour is like smoking fishy hair! I really nearly vomited, thought maybe it was cause the liquid was all along the coil in middle - I was wrong!

Anyways so I really liked the double mint and the strawberry, the rest I'm not sure of. Coffee has a strange taste, chocolate is nice but dont think I would buy it again anyways, apple tastes more like cider, Marlboro / USA Mix tastes just like ry4 which is good for feeling more satisfied but prefer double mint and strawberry. So wanting to buy 50 ml bottles to stop this constant buying!

I already have a 30ml bottle of ry4 @ 11mg stashed away for when I need it. BUT my question is has anyone gone down to 0mg? Is there less vapor then? I was just about to do my order there and would actually prefer to buy 0mg if it is still a good vape as I know I'm puffing way too much when I am just bored or doing something rather than actually craving... :rolleyes: though I suppose I did the same with real smokes, just paranoid I'm upping my nicotine levels loads!

Also has anyone tried the spearmint available in 50ml on the best shop eu? They don't do the bigger bottles of double mint which I find gives loads of vapor compared to the strawberry which is just tasty!

BUT my question is has anyone gone down to 0mg? Is there less vapor then?
    Vapor should be the same, throat hit will be less as it's the nic that gives that. Flavor should be better as the nic gives a peppery touch to liquid.
    I'm going down to 18 mg next time from 24. I stuck with the 24 cos I wanted to be sure that I wouldn't go back on fags. at this stage I'm sure I wont but 18 is a safe bet anyway, if it goes well, 11, 6, 0,
    I find that if you vape like smoking a pipe the nic just gets annoying. When I 'smoke' the ecig i.e. draw, inhale, hold and exhale, I get the nic hit same as with fags but pipeing it tastes better and is more relaxing watching TV or whatnot.
    Memo to self - get a pipe mod :)
    So wanting to buy 50 ml bottles to stop this constant buying!
    Don't worry, you'll be DIYing the juice soon enough, 100 ml bottles then and if you get to 0 nic, 3 euro a bottle.

Cherry is not great , I mean its fine and all but maybe a lil too much throat. MAkes me cough and im not getting the cherry flavour i was expexting :( Or maybe my taste buds need to repair hahaha.
    I love the menthol can vape that all day lol

Turkish Tobacco now I gotta say thats an interesting one, really feels like im smoking a real cig. Tastey too i dunno getting hint of apple very subtle and its mild not too much of throat hit.

Strawberry I dunno reminds me of the cherry its kinda not really what i was expecting just not getting the flavour. Has a throat hit though thats same as the turkish tobac. not over powering but a pleasant vape all the same but not my fave.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I had a bit of a revelation over the weekend. I was filling a carto with some menthol flavour for later in the day. I over filled it a little so wanted to put a condom over it to stop it spilling. I took one off another carto I had filled with coffee and a little coffee juice came out with it. I was in a rush so hoping that it was little enough to not effect the menthol flavour I just threw it on and left.

I tried out the menthol carto later in the day, and the first few draws were pure menthol. Then something magical happened, some of the coffee flavour started coming through with. It wasn't much, just a little more than a hint. But it was by far the nicest thing I've vaped. I never would have thought menthol and coffee would go together but it worked so well. And somehow, and I don't understand how or why, it was far closer to a real cigarette than anything else I've vaped.

Now to see if I can recreate it on purpose :)

Ok i really do not see why i was reccomended to get this Dual Coil LR XL Cartomizer Color:: Black DUAJ37. I see no benefit to it at all. Creates very little vapour and sometimes none at all I mean ,what the hell was the point in getting it? I much prefer the ego-T mega atmomizer with tank, has great vapor excellent in fact. But right now I give the cartomizer a huge thumbs down. :(

Ok i really do not see why i was reccomended to get this Dual Coil LR XL Cartomizer Color:: Black DUAJ37. I see no benefit to it at all. Creates very little vapour and sometimes none at all I mean ,what the hell was the point in getting it? I much prefer the ego-T mega atmomizer with tank, has great vapor excellent in fact. But right now I give the cartomizer a huge thumbs down. :(

Must be a dud. My experience with those and Kanger horizontal coils has been nothing but positive to be honest. I'm going off of the 'filler' taste alright though.

What battery are you using?

Must be a dud. My experience with those and Kanger horizontal coils has been nothing but positive to be honest. I'm going off of the 'filler' taste alright though.

What battery are you using?

Using the 1100 Mah battery option. I think when i first got the cartomizer it was vaping just fine I watched a tube video describing how to prime it with pg fluid to start vaping but i then started testing the other things i ordered the tanks etc. Now when i get back to it , it just seems to be very little vape coming out and i have to chug on it hard to get anything . IDK maybe a dud?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

I only recently tried some Dual Coil Cartos and my experience with them was:

Great vape on clearer, more viscous liquid, but soooooooooo bad with darker, thicker liquid.

Of a pack of three I got, two were great (nice popping sound from them) and one was V poor, right out of the box.

Don't like the guessing game when filling them either, I'm just so used to the ego tanks.

Advertisement