Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

macattax wrote: »
    I watched a tube video describing how to prime it with pg fluid to start vaping

That's interesting, would you have a link to the vid?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 BeetleDeuce

macattax wrote: »
    Ok i really do not see why i was reccomended to get this Dual Coil LR XL Cartomizer Color:: Black DUAJ37. I see no benefit to it at all. Creates very little vapour and sometimes none at all I mean ,what the hell was the point in getting it? I much prefer the ego-T mega atmomizer with tank, has great vapor excellent in fact. But right now I give the cartomizer a huge thumbs down. :(

Does it make any noise? ie: loud crackling or quiet. If it's quite it may just be a dud. If you have no intention of using it, this could be the time to check it out. Twist the tube part from the threading part and pull apart and you will be able to see the dual coils. Then attach to battery and see if the both coils are heating.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I only recently tried some Dual Coil Cartos and my experience with them was:

Great vape on clearer, more viscous liquid, but soooooooooo bad with darker, thicker liquid.

Of a pack of three I got, two were great (nice popping sound from them) and one was V poor, right out of the box.

Don't like the guessing game when filling them either, I'm just so used to the ego tanks.
    I'm starting to think the same way, though I started with DCCs. When they're working well they're great, but they're too easy to overfill and that destroys the performance and can lead to them spitting juice into your mouth. I find they leak all over the battery contact and out from under the cone a lot too, it doesn't seem to do much damage but it gets a bit annoying. Although I might be just annoyed because I was using a clear DCC the other day and it was a disaster, leaking everywhere.

I'm very tempted to get an Ego-C kit, they seem very easy to use and don't seem to leak very much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

stevenmu wrote: »

I'm very tempted to get an Ego-C kit, they seem very easy to use and don't seem to leak very much.

Interesting that you should say that. I was using DCC and was happy enough with them but thought I'd try out the eGo C. First impressions weren't great but I had a dodgy atomiser. That leads me on to the next point, these things are a cinch to open and clean.

A few seconds and the wick in one hand and the coil in the other. Clean, burn and stick back together. The cost of the hardware should drop dramatically with them leaving only the e-juice as the ongoing cost really.

I'm quite happy with mine now actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 macattax

That's interesting, would you have a link to the vid?

Thanks.

Sorry dont have exactl link now anymore. But is quite standard practice from what i make out . Basically you get one of them silicone caps "condoms" the one with the nipple inside and into that you put about 15-17 drops of juice. Then you get cartomizer and slowly push down into the cap until all the juice is inside and cartomizer is touching botom of the condom cap. I may take it apart like beetledeuce reccomended as i am kinda techy by nature and will enjoy gutting it to see whats going on there. Will get back to you on that. Thanks.
    Interesting comments as it seems opinions are quite mixed on the cartomizers .
    Chat soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

I'm starting to think the same way, though I started with DCCs. When they're working well they're great, but they're too easy to overfill and that destroys the performance and can lead to them spitting juice into your mouth. I find they leak all over the battery contact and out from under the cone a lot too, it doesn't seem to do much damage but it gets a bit annoying. Although I might be just annoyed because I was using a clear DCC the other day and it was a disaster, leaking everywhere.

i got my DCC from TBS and those are the best things I've tried. I used to drip with 306LR and since i got DCC I use my 306 atties only for tasting new flavors. I got 2 clear dual coils just to try as a present (thanks thebestshop!) and i have to say they don't leak at all. I killed one of them by screwing it too hard to battery but that's my mistake. The clear tube just came off the connector just because i applied too much force. I love them and i ordered some more of stainless ones. So far so good:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Nonamigo wrote: »
    I killed one of them by screwing it too hard to battery but that's my mistake. The clear tube just came off the connector just because i applied too much force.
    That may be what happened me, it did seem very loose against the connector though. To be fair I've gotten the black ones a few times and never had that issue, and I'd used a few of the clear ones before without major issues as well, so it may just have been a single dodgy one.

I'm still leaning towards tanks just for the easy fill-ability if nothing else. With the DCCs I find myself constantly wondering if I have enough in it, leading to me putting in a few more drops, then a few more, untill it's over filled. To be fair that's as much an issue with me as it is with DCCs though :)

That may be what happened me, it did seem very loose against the connector though. To be fair I've gotten the black ones a few times and never had that issue, and I'd used a few of the clear ones before without major issues as well, so it may just have been a single dodgy one.

I'm still leaning towards tanks just for the easy fill-ability if nothing else. With the DCCs I find myself constantly wondering if I have enough in it, leading to me putting in a few more drops, then a few more, untill it's over filled. To be fair that's as much an issue with me as it is with DCCs though :)

That was my biggest issue with them as well. Constantly topping up just in case........I kinda got the filler taste a bit too though.

That aside, the DCC or Kangers are great. Lovely warm full flavour and good vapour. Just not as handy as the tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Marlboro / USA Mix tastes just like ry4

Did you get this from the best shop? I smoke USA mix and its a completely different taste to RY4 but last bottle I ordered from TBS was filled with RY4. I never got on to them about it as someone bought it from me.

Marlboro / USA Mix tastes just like ry4

Did you get this from the best shop? I smoke USA mix and its a completely different taste to RY4 but last bottle I ordered from TBS was filled with RY4. I never got on to them about it as someone bought it from me.

Yes I did actually! Is USA mix nicer? I was wondering why the hell the two were basically the same, what was the point in two different names.... I do like the whole vaping thing but I would really like a cheap cheap kit of all the flavours to try. I mean tho buy 10ml of something you can only stomach one drag of seems redundant. It's an expensive habit at least to start off with!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

I'd love a sample set too but I guess the packaging is probaly as costly as the juice that its not worth the effort as it would cost about the same anyway.
    Some supliers do do mix bundles of 5ml samples and Safercig have them individualy at 2 gbp each.
    http://www.safercigs.co.uk/Hangsen_5ml_Samples/p705283_5331131.aspx

Yes I did actually! Is USA mix nicer? I was wondering why the hell the two were basically the same, what was the point in two different names.... I do like the whole vaping thing but I would really like a cheap cheap kit of all the flavours to try. I mean tho buy 10ml of something you can only stomach one drag of seems redundant. It's an expensive habit at least to start off with!

I'll be ordering from them this weekend. I'll send them a note about the USA Mix. When did you order yours? I got my last bottle in December. Before that I never had an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

I've been vaping ry4 and other tobacco flavours for a while now and I was very happy, I had no inclination to try any flavours such as coffee, menthol etc.

I think I had it in my head they would be sickly sweet. Up until today that is.

I tried a free sample of low nicotine menthol and it's lovely, and it still had a nice throat hit which was my other concern.

I will have to try some other flavours now and I can't wait :)

On another note, I have yet to see another vaper in public which I think is strange...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

For what it's worth, I tried various flavours over the past year and a half and settled on menthol.

I was not a menthol smoker of fags, but I found the tobacco juices left a bad after taste and the fruity ones just......................................didn't seem right.

But then there are other e-smokers that have a separate atomizer for each of their vast collection of flavours, which they chop and change all the time.
    It's an individual thing I suppose, whatever works for you.

As for never seeing another vaper in public, nor have I!!

I was actually wondering if many people in Ireland have changed over or if there is much growth in vaping?

This forum seems to be getting busier if that's any indication I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

I've seen two !
    One was a lady using a 510 auto in the smoking area of a pub( i.e. outside the door) and a guy pulling on a cig alike at a zebra crossing. Never spoke to one 'tho.
    Oh I was told of another, got the chemist ones but didn't take to em.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

Everyone on here should try and get together some night at a popular spot and all vape together:eek: Get the media long to cover the event and it would help spread the word and maybe invite along a few suppliers??? It it helped people to switch over from fags it would be well worthwhile - maybe even save lives in the long run!
    I'm up for it is anyone is interested?? Could be a chance for all of us to share tips and experiences as well;)
    We could become the founder of the National Vapers Club!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

ive seen a few people before with them, was at a wedding in dublin and some dude had a bright blue tank system. didn't go talk to him, but we exchanged suspicious glances as we both vaped about 2 yards from each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

If revenue drops as a result of people vaping, then I'm sure our vaping habit will be taxed heavily much like the real things..
    So perhaps it's a good idea that it's under the radar slightly.

well the justification for taxing cigs so heavily is the drain they put on the health services. dont think they'll be able to use the same excuse for ecigs.
    although who's going to stop them, they'll tax whatever they want for whatever reason I guess.

• Advertisement

Same here other than two guys selling them at a stall in Tesco Maynooth.

I saw one other guy on hols in the states last year and loads of people asked what was it like etc.

was just looking on irishvapers and saw they have some halo liquids now
    went to youtube to get a review and the first vid I watched had some dude flying the flag talking about how they were 100% american juices and not made by some chinaman

ye gods

I'm getting some fruit ejuice from Celtic Mist. Reasonably priced at 10 Euro for 30ml. Anybody use it before?

Liqua stuff at TBS is my favourite but a bit expensive and only comes in 10ml bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

I love Halo juices but they're expensive...I'll take a look at IV to see what they cost. Haven't heard of Celtic Mist before...have you a link?

Never seen another vaper either. Haven't seen anyone smoking a pipe for about 10 years either. Last week the last tobacco shop in Cork closed....maybe in the not too distant future a vaping supply store will open, who knows.

Bubba9 wrote: »
    I love Halo juices but they're expensive...I'll take a look at IV to see what they cost. Haven't heard of Celtic Mist before...have you a link?

Never seen another vaper either. Haven't seen anyone smoking a pipe for about 10 years either. Last week the last tobacco shop in Cork closed....maybe in the not too distant future a vaping supply store will open, who knows.

Here's the link

http://celtic-mist.net/

Anyone try this? WTA e-juice.

http://e-cig-reviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=1449.0

Contains other alkaloid extracts that allegedly mimic the 'something' that's missing from e-cigs. Expensive stuff and probably not something to try if vaping is already working out.

wow, id never heard of them
    watched a few youtube reviews now and they seem pretty cool

I do kinda chain vape all the time and.. while it's great and all, I would prefer to just take the occasional hit whenever I felt like it. maybe having some of that stuff mixed i with regular flavoured juice would be good

he seems happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

He is very enthusiastic about that juice alright, seems to be all sold out on the Aroma site.
    Looks like 10ml bottles for $12.
    http://www.aromaejuice.com/Flavoured-Eliquid-with-Whole-Tobacco-Alkaloid-WTA_c33.htm

http://vapelicious.com/the-plan-for-jan/

think he's selling them now

i *think* i read somewhere that both those sites have different extraction methods so... I dont know :)
    i kinda skimmed everything i saw, resolving to come back to it in a couple of weeks. im not gona be getting any of this for ages, so no rush to know more about it

oh **** the site you linked has dk-tab with wta
    fuuuuuuu
    if I win the lotto im def getting some of that
    .. guess ill have to start playingn the lotto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭bru.wicklow

got all halo samples with mine 7ml@4.50(noooob)
    1:freedom juice- not too bad 2nd fav
    2:prime 15-ehh would do in a pinch
    3:torque56-yeah not bad either
    4:mint-by far the best never liked menthol cigs but was really surprised how much i enjoyed it.
    have now got BS ry4-WOW
    BS silk cut(ordered b+h) and spearmint which i havent tried yet

Advertisement