Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

nesf wrote: »
    Considering I chain vape at 32mg and am still not 100% satisfied...
    Keep a close eye on your blood pressure. :eek:

Did you mean 36mg, btw?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

rosboy wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it's possible to buy the electronic cigarettes any where in Ireland, preferable in Munster (other than online). I'm looking for some quickly, but Vapour Ireland are out of stock.

Thurles - you buy directly from the guy who is also operating an online service. I went to him - he is inundated with people calling:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Esel wrote: »
    Keep a close eye on your blood pressure. :eek:

My BP is fine. I was a heavy smoker. :p
    Esel wrote: »
    Did you mean 36mg, btw?

Nah, EnJuice stuff comes in 32mg and I'm on that at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭biz96

Hello,

Is there a walk in shop to buy e-liquid in Dublin City?

Ta.
    Desmonds Store
    19 Talbot Street
    Dublin 1, Ireland

This is a newsagent, but sell stock of http://ecirettesolutions.com/products.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

This might be a stupid question but I notice that the vapour store have DCC XL ranging from 2 ohm to 1.5 ohm. TBS DCC XL are 1.5 ohm I think and I find them too hot. Is there a noticeable difference between the two types? Also where does LR start in terms of ohms?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I think 2 would be on the "low regular" side, rather than straight low
    and something like 3 would be on the high regular resistance... or maybe high

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

biz96 wrote: »
    Desmonds Store
    19 Talbot Street
    Dublin 1, Ireland

This is a newsagent, but sell stock of http://ecirettesolutions.com/products.php

Do they have much of a selection of stuff? I know some Londis shops resell some of their disposables but don't stock stuff like liquids or DCCs.

decided to try out the 510 atomisers that came with my lavatube

now its been over a year since I direct dripped onto a 510 atty, but my god this was pretty bad

i dont know if it was primer, I blew it out but nothing came out .. i dry burned it for a while before I threw any juice on

I got some flavour and vapour but it was pretty awful compared to my boge cartos im using atm, which is weird as direct dripping is meant to be the ultimate flavourway
    i had heard that the 510 atties in the kit weren't the best so mayube that's it but.. dissapointing
    I'll have to pick up an atomiser somewhere along the way and try again, but i think im just going to bin the one I have now and stick with my boges

Actually they have a link of stores around Dublin here that might be useful to people. Seems like quite a few different shops.

hrm, thatd be worth sticking in the where to buy thread

seems they sell dekang juices, prob 10ml for 5.99. not a great price, but for the ease of just walking into town for some.. not too bad either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Came across Impulse, the Jasper ecig, on the counter at Spar yesterday.
    Their disposables like Motives or whatever but good to see an easy option for people to try. 6.99 for 1 is expensive but I bet they sell a few with lent coming.

bloody menthol juices

I decided I'd test out some kangers again, this time im actually liking them. seems to be great flavour and vapour at 4.4v on my lavatube.. comparable to a boge at 5v
    but I did something stupid and put in some bubble gum flavour, which is a minty gum and now i cant get rid of the damn mint flavour no matter what juice I put in
    im sure eventually it will go away but dear god.. im gona have to vape this menthol all damn day until it dos

when will I learn

bloody menthol juices

I decided I'd test out some kangers again, this time im actually liking them. seems to be great flavour and vapour at 4.4v on my lavatube.. comparable to a boge at 5v
    but I did something stupid and put in some bubble gum flavour, which is a minty gum and now i cant get rid of the damn mint flavour no matter what juice I put in
    im sure eventually it will go away but dear god.. im gona have to vape this menthol all damn day until it dos

when will I learn

Ha ha...I actually like the Kangers as well. I prefer them to the DCC and I always think (true or not) that they dont require as regular topping up cos the coil is at the bottom.

they do have a great throat hit but im getting that "off" flavour that lots of people online are talking about. I didn't really notice it at first, as it's actually quite harsh and I just attributed it to the juice i was vaping at the time but the more juices I vape in it the more I notice it.

it seems to be hit and miss, some batches have them.. some don't, not everyone gets this weird background flavour to them.

one woman on some forum said it was something the filler had soaked up.. she took the filler out, washed it and put it back in.. and the bad flavour was gone. but christ the steps involved in that. someone else said it was only in the black ones, the stainless ones were apparently fine.

at this stage, I'd definitely buy more of these if I was certain I was gona get a "clean" batch, that didn't have this flavour as every juice I vape it's there in the background making it quite a bit harsher than it needs to be, and sometimes kinda overpowering some of the weaker flavoured juices I like.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

decided to try out the 510 atomisers that came with my lavatube

now its been over a year since I direct dripped onto a 510 atty, but my god this was pretty bad

i dont know if it was primer, I blew it out but nothing came out .. i dry burned it for a while before I threw any juice on

I got some flavour and vapour but it was pretty awful compared to my boge cartos im using atm, which is weird as direct dripping is meant to be the ultimate flavourway
    i had heard that the 510 atties in the kit weren't the best so mayube that's it but.. dissapointing
    I'll have to pick up an atomiser somewhere along the way and try again, but i think im just going to bin the one I have now and stick with my boges

Yeah we tend to forget about the poor old 510 atomizer. For flavour, I am also of the opinion that they are still the best, but having said that I did have one that I just couldn't get rid of bad taste.

they do have a great throat hit but im getting that "off" flavour that lots of people online are talking about. I didn't really notice it at first, as it's actually quite harsh and I just attributed it to the juice i was vaping at the time but the more juices I vape in it the more I notice it.

it seems to be hit and miss, some batches have them.. some don't, not everyone gets this weird background flavour to them.

one woman on some forum said it was something the filler had soaked up.. she took the filler out, washed it and put it back in.. and the bad flavour was gone. but christ the steps involved in that. someone else said it was only in the black ones, the stainless ones were apparently fine.

at this stage, I'd definitely buy more of these if I was certain I was gona get a "clean" batch, that didn't have this flavour as every juice I vape it's there in the background making it quite a bit harsher than it needs to be, and sometimes kinda overpowering some of the weaker flavoured juices I like.

I've only used the stainless ones but I get that 'off' taste from all cartos. I get it from DCC LR's as well except worse. Pain in the butt actually cos I can't really enjoy cartos with filler the way everybody else seems to. That's why I'm always trying out different atties.

i definitely know what you mean about a taste from cartos, but I never really found the dcc or boges to be bad, just... there

the kanger though is weird. it's like there's two flavours competing with each other.. the filler and whatever the filler soaked up and then my juice is competing with the two of them. I have some very dark chocolate juice in now, and it's masking the bad flavour well enough but it's still just.. there

i might pick up a couple of stainless ones from TBS in a couple of weeks as apart from this , the kangers really are fantastic.
    i've become a real 5v whore since I got my lavatube, and I'm loving the kangers vapour and th even at low 4.x volts

I might try to clean the filler like I saw online during the week, see how that goes. ive seen a good few people saying the kangers last way longer than other cartos, so it might be worth the little bit of effort up front if it does last me the extra days

The Kangers really pack a punch alright and I think they are a bit shorter in length too. Interesting to see how you get on with cleaned ones. Do you find that they seem to last longer without topping up? I always think that gravity will keep the coil from drying out. Probably not the case in reality tho.

well im vaping at a higher voltage so im having to refill alot anyway, it does suck up the juice
    and I dont know when I should be refilling as it's hard to tell if the harsh taste im getting is a result of just.. the weird taste or if the carto does need filling

well I decided to sac the carto i was using atm and try to pull the filler out to get a feel for cleaning it
    it seems straightforward enough, but I kinda messed up the filler when I was pulling it out so I had some trouble putting it back in

the instructions i saw online called for a mcdonalds sized straw to gently poke it back in but im sure anything would do the job so long as you applied a bit of pressure kinda evenly and gently

I have 8 kangers left, I might take one apart tomorrow if I can find a tweezers to safely take out the filler and give it a clean. At this point, I have nothing to lose. If I manage to get rid of the bad taste, then I have 8 great cartos I can use.. if I can't, well then I have 8 cartos i dont really want to vape but will always have in case of emergencies.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ego-type-models/188388-how-clean-rebuild-gogo-cartomizer.html

• Advertisement

Go back to your empty carto and blow through it to insure it’s dry. Screw onto battery and push the button while you look down the empty carto. Hold the button down looking for a cherry red glow to the coil at the bottom. This is dry burning. You may have to dry burn 3 or 4 times to remove any caramelizing from the coil

from the above link

I removed the filler easy enough. tried to dry burn it, got the cherry red glow for about half a second.. and now the carto wont fire anymore

that can not have been enough to burn it out..

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

Have you tried the freezer trick? I've done it once and the carto was as good as new for two fills but then fell away. Run it under the hot tap, blow it out, leave it overnight with a piece of tissue stuck in the top, next morning pop it in a zip bag and put in the freezer for 24 hours. A lot of trouble to go to but might be worth doing it with five or six that have run out.

ive tried the freezer trick with dual coils before, did a little bit but i didnt notice a huge jump. dont think it'd help atm though, i think the coil itself just freaked out

i tried it again on another kanger, this time I didnt bother dry burning.. took the filler out, washed it and dried it out. because I dried itout so much though, I had serious trouble putting it back into the carto properly so that little white tube in the middle of the carto is kinda covered by the carto.. which I think is affecting the draw

on the plus side, that bad taste is ****ing history. vaping some dekang cherry atm and it is delicious. next time I might try putting the filler back in when its still wet, so it doesnt fluff out as much and just letting it dry inside the carto.
    on the plus side, I have 7 kangers left to use and now I can really enjoy them

ive tried the freezer trick with dual coils before, did a little bit but i didnt notice a huge jump. dont think it'd help atm though, i think the coil itself just freaked out

i tried it again on another kanger, this time I didnt bother dry burning.. took the filler out, washed it and dried it out. because I dried itout so much though, I had serious trouble putting it back into the carto properly so that little white tube in the middle of the carto is kinda covered by the carto.. which I think is affecting the draw

on the plus side, that bad taste is ****ing history. vaping some dekang cherry atm and it is delicious. next time I might try putting the filler back in when its still wet, so it doesnt fluff out as much and just letting it dry inside the carto.
    on the plus side, I have 7 kangers left to use and now I can really enjoy them

Wonder could you just wash the carto with water and blow out the excess? Maybe flush with PG then?

yeah, maybe.. but I think you have to give the filler a little bit of a wipe while you're rinsing it out or else the flavour might just keep soaking into the filler

maybe if you washed it out a few times..
    when i was trying to remove juices from dual coils, I'd pop them into a saucepan of boiling water for a few minutes, then remove the water and repeat five or six times until the steam smelled clear and not like ejuice
    maybe I could try that although if I get the hang of putting the filler back in, this way is far easier and less power intensive :)

--edit

I decided to take the filler out again whiel it was soaked in the ejuice and put it back in. while it was all sticky from the juice it was alot easier to put in and now it's sitting in the carto perfectly

unfortunately I decided to give it a bit of a top up of juice as I'd squeezed some of it out while i was putting the filler back in, and I poured in the wrong god damn juice
    so.. hopefully this all still tastes nice :)

---edit

it does not. but at least I can vape this flavour away

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭laura29

Can anyone tell me the discount code for thebestshop please
    Much appreciated

irishvape

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

laura29 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me the discount code for thebestshop please
    Much appreciated

It's in the where to buy thread somewhere, anyway it IRISHVAPE. Maybe we need a codes list at the top of that thread.

hrm, thatd be worth sticking in the where to buy thread

seems they sell dekang juices, prob 10ml for 5.99. not a great price, but for the ease of just walking into town for some.. not too bad either

Good idea, I'll post a not in there now.

I was walking by Londis on Clanbrassil St. last night, they're not on the web page but they had a poster up outside so had a quick look. They had a tray of 10ml juice bottles, there was a few different coloured caps on them but the labels all just said "tobacco". Oddly they didn't look like the normal Dekang bottles either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Allround Predator

I was reading about these e-cigs and came across this tread! I was wondering how many of the people on this tread have actually given up smoking since they started using the e-cigs?

How long has it been since you had a cigarette? Do you still crave for cigarettes. How often during a day would you use the e-cigs?????

Is there any side effects???

Does it burn a hole in your pocket?

And the biggest question of all!! Have you noticed any benefits to your health and fitness levels since you quit cigarettes and went on to using the e-cigs and what health benefits have you noticed yourself ????

Advertisement